Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1683 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

ways to make your high last longer

I hate to revive a dead post, but there's not many helpful replies here, so I figured I'd post one... after all, this is the thread that brought me to these forums ;-) So here's my new user contribution.

Your lungs work more "efficiently" in the first few seconds of a breath. As you hold the breath in, the efficiency drops. The reason is because your lungs are used for more than gas intake... they're also used for gas release (or gas exchange.) They take in air (or marijuana smoke,) and release carbon dioxide. When you breathe in, your lungs fill with air but ALSO start filling with CO2 that your blood is dumping into your lungs in preparation for release when you breathe out again. The longer you hold your breath, the more CO2 builds in your lungs, and it begins to crowd with the air (or marijuana smoke) making it less likely over time that an air/marijuana particle will collide with your lung wall and be absorbed into the blood stream. For chemists, think solution concentration.

What does this mean?

Tip 1 - Breathe deeply when smoking. Your lungs unfold further as you take in more air, so the deeper you breathe the more surface area you are opening for THC absorption.

Tip 2 - Don't hold in the smoke too long. Ten or so seconds is plenty. Diminishing rewards are not worth it. Instead, exhale slowly HALFWAY!!! Before you get to the end of your exhale, try breathing in again and letting the same hit linger a second time. It won't help much, as you're also keeping more CO2 in your lungs by doing so, but it will help some.

Hope this helps ;-)

Pretty much what I do to keep my high for a longer period of time is a few things;
    1. Don't drink a lot of caffeine.
    2. Don't subdue to the munchies! As much as you may want some food, DON'T. As soon as you eat, the highness goes away, man.
    3. If you have a glass pipe, (like me) or any type of pipe, I guess, get a bobby pin, and straighten it, even a simple paperclip would do, anything long and straight, and get inside your pipe and clean it, the literal bowl is what you want to focus on, light your lighter on it for a few seconds, to help melt the resin, and get the bobbypin ect, and than scrape off the exess shit that gets stuck in your bowl. Heat it a little bit, (with your lighter) and than put your weed in, with the ball of resin put it on top of the weed, and enjoy. It'll bubble a bit at first, but it gets you off the charts high. My ex bf taught me this, and now i'm completely HOOKED.
    Every time I'm running low on weed, I just clean my pipe really good, and smoke the shit that comes out.
    Have fun with it, and it's not bad for you, I thought it was cause of the bubbling, but typically all it is as all the THC from your past weed, all in a little ball. No wonder it gets you so fucked up.
    Have fun c;

Brother, I've taken that whole "French Inhale" approach, and when I say approach I mean each hit of the blunt was french inhaled. Attempting to get higher by allowing the THC to be absorbed through your nostrils might make you a weeee bit higher but I shit you not I didn't feel much higher. Smoke only needs to be on in your lungs, like someone previously said, for about 3 - 4 seconds.

If you wanna' get higher, buy better buds brother. Or if you have opportunity, grow it yourself.

EDIT: DUDES, resin may be bad for you.. But that shit will still get me lit. I believe it's our duty as Marijuana Enthusiasts to respect the high and forget the bullshit. Nobodies too good for resin, if that's all we got and you don't wanna toke, fine by me.
    \"And everybody wants to get some.. Sensimilla.\"

I say your all wrong in a way. If u make brownies all u would get would be a body high just relaxed. Feeling to get a higher affect u need to get something with a high thcr content my opinion

Don't smoke if you're worried about the smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by mfqr
    Make some ganja brownies. If done right, you will get even higher than you would if you smoked it, and it will last a couple hours longer.
    i agree to that mate.. eating brownies and other marijuana edibles will make you feel higher than smoking the buds. it will take longer before you get high but the high can last longer..eating a piece of brownies or 2,3 choco marijuana chips will surely make you high

7.   Advertisements

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567