Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1283 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

What's the meaning of life?

Quote Originally Posted by imitator
    Is it your belief that the purpose of posting here is to change something?

And is it not possible that perhaps some people take what the others have written so far, and consider it, and gain something from it? In that case, wouldnt it have changed something, and had meaning?
    No. I think your confusing change with meaning. If you change or your life changes. It is nothing more than life. If you change someones life..it is still life or change. It has nothing to do with meaning. Is there a reason why each person has so much self pride to believe that their life has to have meaning..that it must..life is life..you enjoy it, you do your best..then one day you die, just like everyone else..people waste thier whole life trying to justify this life, why are we here? what happens when we die? My life MUST have meaning..it has none..just like posting on this board has no meaning.

the meaning of life... lol there isn't one... i don't believe in sentient creation

my "meaning" or "purpose", to make myself happy for as long as i can, and as greatly as i can

cuz then i die

its basicaly finding youself some one told me .

4.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geonagual
    No. I think your confusing change with meaning. If you change or your life changes. It is nothing more than life. If you change someones life..it is still life or change. It has nothing to do with meaning. Is there a reason why each person has so much self pride to believe that their life has to have meaning..that it must..life is life..you enjoy it, you do your best..then one day you die, just like everyone else..people waste thier whole life trying to justify this life, why are we here? what happens when we die? My life MUST have meaning..it has none..just like posting on this board has no meaning.
    I think you are confusing what I am saying.

There can be meaning in this very post. It could affect everything up to a global scale, and then it would have meaning. Something can mean something to someone, and still not neccessarily be the same meaning as the meaning of life.

There are varying degree's of it, and the simple fact that we are having this conversation means something to me, so therefore it has meaning. It might not be the meaning you are thinking of, or wish, but it still has meaning.

The problem with most people isnt that they want their life to have meaning. Most peoples lives have meaning... its that they want it to have a great meaning, something grand and huge and easily noticible and remembered by all.

I just feel like you're all trying to disrupt the natural 'meaning' of life.
    If we infact MAKE our meaning to 'discover' our ORIGINAL meaning,...well dammit we're taking away from the will to live! Damn devil worshippers!

...So who sent you?:wtf:

The meaning of life is simply to live. To live until your death. The purpose of life is how you live, and believe.

The day the dollar die, people will respect each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue
    A Monty Python movie.

Monty Python, and the holy grail, especially while baked IS the meaning of life.

the meaning of life is to grow smoke and worship the herb which has been a part of human exhistance for over five thousand years(5000 is approx the first recordings of its use to my knowledge) ...... in other words to get stoned. thats my opinion.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast