Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1601 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What's the meaning of life?

I think life is all about doing whats best for yourself, honestly. And by honestly, I mean no cheating other folks. This is debatable, but I think that if everyone just did what was best for themselves, this world would be a much happier place.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    I think the "Meaning of life" is something completly personal. Each one believes (or not) that their life have (or not) some "meaning".
    So, i think to talk about "meaning of life" in a general sense is somewhat meaningless. I think it only makes sense if were to talk about the "meaning of your life".
    Even cause "meaning" is a thing only we humans think about. All the other animals are alive, and yet they dont think about meanings. They just are alive, with or without any meaning for their life.
    I agree with you on everything except about the part with animals. There's no way we can know if they have accepted some sort of meaning to their lives or not. In fact, I believe that many animals can reason as well as us.

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mfqr
    There's no way we can know if they have accepted some sort of meaning to their lives or not.
    Well... thats right. I was only supposing that the other animals dont think like us. What dont mean they dont think in their own way, as you rightly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by mfqr
    In fact, I believe that many animals can reason as well as us.
    Watch out... many animals would be offended if heard such things... and some humans too!

Your right, the meaning of life is completly personal to each of us, so how about offering your own personal statements?

For me the meaning of life changes everyday. The meaning never stays the same because life itself is always changing, I gusse that could be a short term kind of way of thinking, but why bother thinking in the long term? what good will it do you when you can never really be sure of the conciquences of anything (thats right all yall utilitarians )

I chose to live each day, not always to the full extent, but in a way that I am content with, because inner peace leads to a happier outlook, and that in turn alows you to help others become happier in themselves.

Peace and love.

read the 5 rings, that pretty much explains it in the final part imo

Idk, I think the quote in my sig really explains how I look at the meaning of life.

Have Patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try and love the questions themselves... Dont' search for the answers which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them... Live the questions... gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer... take whatever comes with great trust... as long as it comes out of your own will.

-Letters to a Young Poet; Rainer Maria Rilke
    So basically, we find the meaning of life for us, through living our lives. If we put our lives on hold to try to find the meaning of life, then we will never find it.

Live the question, let your life become the answer.

Does it really matter what I post here?

Quote Originally Posted by geonagual
    Does it really matter what I post here?
    Do you feel there is meaning in posting here?

Quote Originally Posted by imitator
    Do you feel there is meaning in posting here?
    There is no meaning. It changes nothing:hippy:

Quote Originally Posted by geonagual
    There is no meaning. It changes nothing:hippy:
    Is it your belief that the purpose of posting here is to change something?

And is it not possible that perhaps some people take what the others have written so far, and consider it, and gain something from it? In that case, wouldnt it have changed something, and had meaning?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast