Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1509 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Legacy of Kain - The Greatest Video Game Storyline Ever.

I don't know how many of you have heard about the series or played it. Part of my user name derives from a character in the series. On most boards in the past I've used the alias Melchiah which is a character from the series that I love to pay tribute to.
    You can find all these games on the PC by looking through torrent sites like torrentz.com Which is probably the best way to play these games. Though with Blood Omen and Soul Reaver you will need to do a little extra work to play them as they were designed for older OS's. Also the whole series is available on PSOne and PS2 By far the best storyline in gaming with the best voice acting in gaming.

There is 5 games in the series. The original was started over a decade ago by my favorite game developer Silicon Knights with the help of Crystal Dynamic made...

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - It embarks on a dark tale in the land of Nosgoth. A nobleman named Kain who is brutally slain by a band of brigands. He awakes in the fiery pits of the underworld chained to post, the sword he was killed with still embedded in him. A Necromancer named Mortanius appears before him and offers him a chance for revenge. Kain blinded by hatred and lust for blood accepts. He awakens in his own tomb, he realized he cursed as he is transformed into a vampire...
    YouTube - (1)Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen intro
    YouTube - (2)Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen Intro Pt. 2

Sadly or not sadly..I dunno how to feel there was a legal dispute over the rights with the series. Silicon Knights lost the series to Crystal Dynamics who then a few years later continued the series with:

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

This story takes places several millennium in the future where Kain has long since conquered Nosgoth. He raises six sons as vampires to serve as his lieutenants and help rule over the land. Unlike most creatures vampires don't evolve slowly over time. They enter these hibernation stages where they evolve in giant leaps. After thousands of years of service to Kain, Raziel, Kain's first born, enters a state of change and emerges with a pair of wings and the ability of flight. In an act of seeming threatened jealousy Kain rips the wings from Raziel and casts him into a torrent of water called The Abyss which water of course being fatal to vampires. However after a seeming eternity of pain and agony Raziel awakens to find himself in the form of a Wraith, no longer a vampire for blood but a devourer of souls. Under the direction of an Omnipotent being named Elder God. Raziel seeks to avenge his death and track down Kain.
    YouTube - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Intro

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - I hate to explain this to anyone who hasn't played the series as it can give a lot away. So I will let the trailer speak for itself (my favorite video game trailer by the way for any game)
    YouTube - Soul Reaver 2 Trailer

Legacy of Kain: Defiance - The end of the Soul Reaver storyline arch. You take control of both Kain and Raziel as they each seek to uncover the truth and try to change fate for the benefit of themselves and all of Nosgoth.
    YouTube - Legacy of Kain: Defiance Intro

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 - This game takes place in Kains younger vampiric life, but takes place on the altered timeline that is created by Elder Kain and Raziels actions in Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. (Time Traveling involved) The original flow of history as seen in Blood Omen and Soul Reaver is altered to create this new storyline. Kain 200 years after the events of the original Blood Omen is trying to conquer Nosgoth however a new leader by the name of the Sarafan Lord has arisen in a City in the far South of Nosgoth meets Kain in battle, thanks to some unknown power the Sarafan Lord wields and some betrayers in Kains army, Kain is bested in battle and is left for dead, the Sarafan Lord taking Kain's ancient sword Soul Reaver as his own. However a few vampires find Kains body and hide him for 200 years. When he awakes he finds his memory is shattered and his powers weakened, the Sarafan Lord rules the land with a strange glyph magic. A small resistance of vampires opposes him however, and Kain is the only one with the chance to overthrow this man...
    YouTube - Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 - Trailer
    Melkane Reviewed by Melkane on . Legacy of Kain - The Greatest Video Game Storyline Ever. I don't know how many of you have heard about the series or played it. Part of my user name derives from a character in the series. On most boards in the past I've used the alias Melchiah which is a character from the series that I love to pay tribute to. You can find all these games on the PC by looking through torrent sites like torrentz.com Which is probably the best way to play these games. Though with Blood Omen and Soul Reaver you will need to do a little extra work to play them as they Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

i've played all of 'em... never could be LOK, got stuck after i got the warewolf ability. i've beat SR, was one of my more favorite games, i played alot of BO2, and defiance, but i never owned them, i only got to play them cuz a friend had 'em.

i still own SR

You should give Blood Omen another shot, It's a very good game especially later on. Quite difficult at times though. But you get some of the most awesome abilities. Not to mention it's the foundation for the entire rest of the series.

I do recommend the PC version over the Playstation version, the PS version has hellacious load times on it while the PC version has virtually none. I own legit copies of both versions and the PC version is heaven.
    Torrent - Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen.iso:: BitTorrentMonster
    and this will get it up and running on your later OS.
    Blood Omen PC Patch for XP and Vista - Software - Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds