Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1707 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who is your favorite author? Book or Series?

Jump starting the new book forum with a few topics of discusion.

I myself pretty much have only got into Fantasy books and some Science Fiction here and there.

My favorite Author is a man named Piers Anthony, most of his books are aimed at teens and I've been reading his stuff since I was about 14. In one year I read about 70 of his books, i was a reading monster back then. He is probably most known for his Xanth series. Which is a comical fantasy world based around puns. Though I get into a bit more of his serious stuff. My favorite series of his are

The Incarnations of Immortality series which takes things like Death, War, Fate, Time and not only portrays them as living beings, but as positions/jobs with unique powers and abilities.

Mode Series - This series really jumps into the idea of alternate reality theory and long before the show Sliders even, this really makes your imagination come alive.

He has got so many different stories and great series under his belt I could talk about his works for a very long time.

how about you?
    Melkane Reviewed by Melkane on . Who is your favorite author? Book or Series? Jump starting the new book forum with a few topics of discusion. I myself pretty much have only got into Fantasy books and some Science Fiction here and there. My favorite Author is a man named Piers Anthony, most of his books are aimed at teens and I've been reading his stuff since I was about 14. In one year I read about 70 of his books, i was a reading monster back then. He is probably most known for his Xanth series. Which is a comical fantasy world based around puns. Though I get Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Anne Rice!

Gabriel Garcia Marquez is one of my favorites. One Hundred Years of Solitude is his best known and is one of the small handful of books that I have read more than once. The genre is Magical Realism (historical fiction). The story follows the lives of one family through the generations and their dealings in a fictional South American town through wars, births, deaths, and encounters with gypsies, love, insanity, and the invention of ice. There is even a young woman who enjoys eating dirt (Love in The Time of Cholera is another of his, and a great love story).

One Hundred Years of Solitude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phillip K Dick

Larry Niven

Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child
    Dan Simmons
    Clive Barker
    Stephen King

my favorite authors are Orson Scott Card. The Alvin Maker series, I've read each book over and over it never gets old. also enchantment, and majic street are good. hes got mostly sci-fi but i prefer his fantasy work. another favorite is Amelia Atwater-Rhodes who wrote alot of tennage fiction. Francesca Lia Block, Anaïs Nin her Delta of Venus is awesome!! Elie Weisel, the Holocaust survivor, great books, but my fave in that genre is "The Last Jew in Wegrow". chilling tale. ooh also Patricia McPhillip esp her Riddle- Master Trilogy. Liz Berry's The China Garden. two books i read i cant remeber the authors, one was "The Red Tent" abt Leah and Jacob's story, told by Leah's POV. Harem was a very good book, dont remember the author. If ur ever in the mood for an easy read try Emma Gold's "Easy". very funny with a sprinkling of stoner humor and her quest for finding a guy with a big penis, and a stash. :jointsmile: -Hilder

Neil Gaiman - Anansi Boys, American Gods, all them are insanely imaginative and just so broad and well written..Amazing..
    And Terry Pratchett - that guy is a crack up! All the discworld books.. Awesome
    greed is the killer
    and green is the colour you desire
    aggression at cost
    you fill up your pocket
    then your hatred fuels the fire

dont be so cold

a friend of mine just got some neil gaiman books. im waiting for her finish so i can get my paws on em. we went to see stardus the movie it was cool so ima go get the book it should be spectacular.

Yeah bro they're primo aye... I haven't read/seen stardust, but I was thinking about if people made movies of his books, and I reckon a movie could never do it justice... There's so much in there thats like, physically impossible to put in a movie, so much stuff that only works in your imagination..
    greed is the killer
    and green is the colour you desire
    aggression at cost
    you fill up your pocket
    then your hatred fuels the fire

dont be so cold

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast