Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1789 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Who is your favorite author? Book or Series?

Clive Barker
    Irvine Welsh
    Douglas Adams
    Frank Herbert

Max Brooks

zombies, need I say more?

Favorite Series: The Belgariad by David Eddings
    Keeping it saucy! :jointsmile:

4.   Advertisements

I love Bret Easton Ellis (nihilist, dark, and makes you hate all the characters) and Haruki Murakami (existentialist, magical realism, and trippy in a way).

I like when books get me riled up and it makes me hate the characters...although all I've been reading as of late is band books/autobios (Slash, Anthony Kiedis from RHCP, Led Zep...and to read is Kurt Cobain, Nikki Sixx, and Lemmy)

Ok let me think.
    Stephen King
    Chuck Palahniuk
    Terry Goodkind
    Carlos Casteneda
    Michael Talbot
    And of course last but far from least (check my sig)

Ayn Rand's books and philosophy changed my life in a very profound way. I highly recommend her books and her studies to any reader of good novels, philosophical thinkers and political scientists. To read and understand her main 3 books will definitely change how you view and think of this world and your place in it. This to me, is the meaning of an influential work of writing.

I dare you to read:
    Anthem
    Atlas Shrugged
    The Fountainhead

If you do, your outlook on life will change. Guaranteed.
    ... learning about life from a weed
    If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Zandor
    Patience above all else. - Rusty

Just be smarter than the plant you\'re growing. - OldMac
    :yippee::S2::yippee::lol5::yippee:
    Emmie\'s First Grow Log

Herman Hesse Siddartha, Magister Ludi, Beneath the Wheel, Steppenwolf. :thumbsup:

Hermann Hesse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finished FLASHBACK by Dan Simmons, very good read. On a side note, I hear Stephen Kings' "The Dark Tower " is currently being shot. It is being directed by Ron Howard. Not sure when release date is set for. Hope it comes pretty close to the book series...we'll see.

Since there are parts of the Dark Tower story in every story SK ever wrote, that is going to be a tall task indeed, even for Mr. Howard. The story becomes not just one of Roland of Gilliad, but also one of us as the readers of the story and Stephen King himself as he writes himself in as a part of the story at one point. There is no way a movie, even in 3 or 4 hours is going to match the excitement found in having to go back and re-read Carrie, Salems Lot, The Stand, Pet Cemetery, The Shining and so many others, just to find the clues that had been imbedded years before by the great story teller Stephen King, already planning and creating his epic story of the Gunslinger. Many think Stephen King to be a hack, but when you look at this Dark Tower series and see all the interconnecting links between even his short stories over the years and discover parts of the Dark Tower series in every one of them, you will come to realize the genius that is Stephen King. Spend a year or two getting to know him; it will be well worth your time.

Love Agatha Christi. And The There Were None. Don't know if I spelled that right because its been awhile. I was given that book on my thirteenth birthday. I had to read it twice at first but I loved reading about the murder and mystery on the island. I deff. Reccommend it for those who love a good mystery. :thumbsup:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast