Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1580 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Are you fascinated about the Universe? - Documentary Video Topic

Hells yeah melkane. I'm about to watch a few of these right now and will definitely get them all watched in the near future. Very interesting so far

2.   Advertisements

When I watch these myself, I get this sense of amazement and wonder and it makes all the crap that goes on, on our planet all the things we worry about seem so petty and ridiculous. There is so much stuff going on out there every single second, stuff that is happening that we are too far away to even see but is so massive or so intense...I dunno it just makes things like the War in the middle east, gasoline issues all this crap seem so juvenile and petty. You would think an intelligent race could put such issues behind us by now and the human race as a whole could come together and strive for the stars.

We could, but our instinct to be the top, the best, the first, the biggest, yadda yadda gets in the way.

Humans are damn smart, but we still lack a lot.

I was messing with some of the features of youtube that I haven't used before and created this nifty little playlist to make things even simplier...just click play videos and I think it plays all the segments and episodes all back to back.

The Expanding Universe 4 Episodes

The Death Star

Supermassive Black Holes

i watched that episode with my grandfather..

It;s amazing how much we don't know.. and what we think..

Melkane! Thank you so much for all the videos you posted on youtube and on here. You have really sparked my interest in the universe. I've been watching a lot of documentaries about it recently (mainly ones you've posted) and It's extremely mind expanding. It's crazy to think about how massive the universe is. The farthest view we have of the universe is so far away we see it as it was 78 billion years ago. The possiblility that there is life out there in the huge universe is not unanswered. There must be hundreds of life-forms out there. Hopefully we will make contact with an intelligent one someday.

Oh, and I really like you avatar Melkane. The galaxy is very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganja Dude
    Melkane! Thank you so much for all the videos you posted on youtube and on here. You have really sparked my interest in the universe. I've been watching a lot of documentaries about it recently (mainly ones you've posted) and It's extremely mind expanding. It's crazy to think about how massive the universe is. The farthest view we have of the universe is so far away we see it as it was 78 billion years ago. The possiblility that there is life out there in the huge universe is not unanswered. There must be hundreds of life-forms out there. Hopefully we will make contact with an intelligent one someday.

Oh, and I really like you avatar Melkane. The galaxy is very beautiful.
    No problem, I love this stuff myself so sharing is no problem. I have tons more where that came from

One correction if I may. I'm not sure where you got 78 Billion from. We can only see back about 12-13 Billion Years and it's estimated the universe is only like 14-15 Billion years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkane
    No problem, I love this stuff myself so sharing is no problem. I have tons more where that came from

One correction if I may. I'm not sure where you got 78 Billion from. We can only see back about 12-13 Billion Years and it's estimated the universe is only like 14-15 Billion years old.
    Sorry about that, I was stoned and didn't check my facts. They spoke about so many numbers during such a short video. If you find any more interesting things on the topic know that if you post it I will probally check it out :jointsmile:

Just didn't want you getting the wrong information embedded in your head lol. I'm currently working on getting some more episodes to host. You'll be happy to know I'm not close to done throwing things up for everyone.

I have a 3 part series narrated by Martin Reese that's quite interesting as he goes into things that we still don't know about the universe, from searching for life among the stars (simple and complex) to why we are here and such, to dark matter and other such things. It's quite good.

I'm also breaking up and compiling a single episode regarding dark matter and it's current theories. Later on, perhaps this weekend I have several documentaries about Mars, Saturn and it's moon Titan, as well as Pluto. I have another really good series I'm trying to hunt my disc down is another 3 part series that covers our searching for planets outside our solar system, asteroids and comets and such.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast