Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1933 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

wtf happened before the big bang?

String theory, heh. They leave the answer to my question to the very last sentence lol.

As the name suggests it is a theory, a popular one atm. I guess the 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time are for sure, cuz that's what we live in, but all the rest is speculation, and even now some of today greatest physicists are trying to determine what theory of many theories is correct.
    I havn't done my research on this subject, so I can't say much. It is pretty interesting how far reaching conclusions you can draw from quantum mechanics.

Well, I guess I can see how you'd see that god could be constantly jumping from one dimension to another in our viewpoint, and he can do that because he lives in a higher dimension. It makes sense.
    all posts under this user name are purely for role playing purposes

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Justum17
    But still, two different places
    two different times
    still both correct.
    Yep, that's what Einstein's theories are all about.
    all posts under this user name are purely for role playing purposes

Well, I guess I can see how you'd see that god could be constantly jumping from one dimension to another in our viewpoint, and he can do that because he lives in a higher dimension. It makes sense.
    God is eternal then he is also the foundation of all existence. Therefore if there are other dimensions there is no way he can totally fit into any dimension. He's too big.

Quote Originally Posted by NextLineIsMine
    Very slowly but very surely gravity is pulling everything back together again, eventually all matter will join a giant clump that will keep gaining density until it explodes out again like the last big bang
    Thats just not true guy.. The universe is expanding ..and its expanding at an ever increasing rate. The more it expands the faster its expanding..

There is a view that at some point the total mass will hit a point where the expansion stops and it starts to compress but there is absolutely no evidence that that is happening. This view is based on the observed mass and a model that says that at some point the total gravitational effect across the universe will stay the same but the energy converted into kinetic (and other forms) at the time of the BB will decrease untill the gravity overall over powers the energy imparted to expand...

But the existing body of evidence shows a ever faster expansion rate. Goggle the COBI observations to get a bit of insight on the present understanding of the construct.

Paul
    [SIZE=\"4\"]Q[/SIZE]

[SIZE=\"2\"]With Leaders like we have today, I feel like Heston waking up in a field and the Chimp is on the Pony.[/SIZE]

Quantumist:

Thats just not true guy.. The universe is expanding ..and its expanding at an ever increasing rate. The more it expands the faster its expanding..

There is a view that at some point the total mass will hit a point where the expansion stops and it starts to compress but there is absolutely no evidence that that is happening. This view is based on the observed mass and a model that says that at some point the total gravitational effect across the universe will stay the same but the energy converted into kinetic (and other forms) at the time of the BB will decrease untill the gravity overall over powers the energy imparted to expand...

But the existing body of evidence shows a ever faster expansion rate. Goggle the COBI observations to get a bit of insight on the present understanding of the construct.
    The evidence shows there's not enough mass for recontraction.

You believe.. To believe is to set aside logical discourse and there is no use in debate ..

I, on the other hand, Believe in Nothing.. Ever.. I know, I think I know or I do Not Know , that being the case any discussion is useless.

I could argue each and every point you try to make on your version of god, There are many, many versions that have filled mens minds over our very,very,very short time of cognizances, but none would be conceivable by a believer.. so I won't get anymore into such a personal issue..

You should hold your beliefs close as from your post you have no idea of state of the art in science , how evolution works, how the bible was put together, how quantum mechanics works, etc. You see miracles where known science dwells ..

Simple observations are over looked like Adam and Eve having two sons.. where did their wives come from to populate this little ball.. At the size of Noah's Ark as stated in the bible how did he fit 2 of each Bug on it much less anything else. If you wish to conversate in a science forum it would be good to actually understand science first.

Just MHO
    [SIZE=\"4\"]Q[/SIZE]

[SIZE=\"2\"]With Leaders like we have today, I feel like Heston waking up in a field and the Chimp is on the Pony.[/SIZE]

Quantummist:

You believe.. To believe is to set aside logical discourse and there is no use in debate ..
    Where did this come from? And no you're wrong. I've said several times now that all of our logic is built upon beliefs, axioms if you will. Your axiom being that your mind and logic is a valid tool to begin with. If you'd like to understand how my faith is valid in a debate, I suggest you review my comments in the thread I started here: http://boards.cannabis.com/spiritual...h-science.html

In any case, I don't know where all this came from. All I said was that there wasn't enough mass for reconstruction. Are you trying to cut me out of a debate because you don't like my beliefs?

I on the other hand, Believe in Nothing
    If that's what you believe, then you're ignorant of your own process of logical deduction.

You should hold your beliefs close as from your post you have no idea of state of the art in science , how evolution works, how the bible was put together, how quantum mechanics works, etc. You see miracles where known science dwells ..
    These are personal attacks, and I'm really suprised that you would make such unfounded comments. How do you know whether I know how the bible was put together or not? No, I admit I don't know how quantum mechanics work. And I don't need to. I don't see how evolution works, because it doesn't.

Simple observations are over looked like Adam and Eve having two sons.. where did their wives come from to populate this little ball.. At the size of Noah's Ark as stated in the bible how did he fit 2 of each Bug on it much less anything else. If you wish to conversate in a science forum it would be good to actually understand science first.
    I can easily answer both these questions, but I won't. I'll let you suffer in your ignorance.

You have a nasty attitude and I see no sign of maturity. I think that should be addressed before anyone even considers talking let alone debating with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadSativa
    or is it nothing and everything??? by the way your name is cool
    Thanks.. the names sorta stuck for a long time.. and its No Thing. I tried to do a play on words,, until time 0 there was not matter.. So before the BB there was No Things there was energy and it would have occupied no space and had infinite density, was ultimately chaotic, and was of a unified form that was indefinable.

Only after time 0 when matter was converted could we define space and the relative interactions of all the little balls of stuff..

So before the BB there was No Thing
    [SIZE=\"4\"]Q[/SIZE]

their was never a time 0, time transeds dimention and the big bang. Before our big band I think their was just the same as now but different. I too think that big bangs happen quite often, and I like to think no matter how often they happen were are still unique as a lifeform.
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Quote Originally Posted by MadSativa
    their was never a time 0, time transeds dimention and the big bang. Before our big band I think their was just the same as now but different. I too think that big bangs happen quite often, and I like to think no matter how often they happen were are still unique as a lifeform.
    I would like to think we're unique also but being that we are but the hair, on the back of the mite, on the back of the flea, on the back of the bird, on the back of the elephant, I tend to think we are only wonderious in our own egotistical minds.

Look about the Universe we are not even detectable as being here from just a measly short 100 lights years away. Man has long thought he was the center of the universe that all of what we observe is there for US alone. Thats but the self serving ego of a tiny little creature that on the scale of our universe is not significant enough to rate a glance.

Say out there somewhere theres a planet that orbits a twin sun and has a population many times ours. Should they have the ego to think they are the reason we are here, That they are the creatures the whole universe was made for.

Or should not we think that we are but the host for bacteria that rule this world as there are more of them in you than You in you. And since we have only walked this ball a few million years and only began to seek to know the universe a few thousands years ago should not the Birds be the ones that should have the ego as they have thrived for some 200 millions of years and for all we know their minds may understand the universe much better than we. and it is us thats not evolved enough to have brains able to understand what they take for granted or even the mental ability to ask them.

"Man is to stupid to know how stupid he is" prm
    [SIZE=\"4\"]Q[/SIZE]

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast