Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1723 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

wtf happened before the big bang?

Quote Originally Posted by Zannies
    idk, no one will ever know, because according to science, there has to be a beggining. according to religion there is no beggining...i don't believe in either. i believe in confusion.
    uh, you got it backwards there.

there is no beginning in science

and religeon has a beginning

2.   Advertisements

The beggining is explained using string therie.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicJoint
    uh, you got it backwards there.

there is no beginning in science

and religeon has a beginning
    No, he had it right.

In religion God just always was and in science the big bag was the beginning.

When the truth is no one really knows the true beginning or how it happened. Don't be so sure no one will ever know though. Who knows how advanced are race will become. Probably not in any of our lifetimes but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper777
    Current therie is that the universe recycles itself.

Very slowly but very surely gravity is pulling everything back together again, eventually all matter will join a giant clump that will keep gaining density until it explodes out again like the last big bang

gatekeeper i really enjoyed reading that article thx...

not sure if im on board with the cyclical universe idea, but i'm at least seriously considering it

What do you mean, before the Big Bang? The Big Bang was the moment that time was created. There is no "before" the beginning of time. Words like "before" and "after" only make sense within the timeline of the universe, and cease to be meaningful at the beginning point of time and (if there is one) the end point of time. It's like asking what's further south than the South Pole. Nothing. That's as far south as it goes.

Current therie is that the universe recycles itself.
    Current theory...for a small minority of scientists. It's a possibility, but it's now thought more likely that the universe will just continue to expand without end.

I thought it was all moving away? Something to do with a dark matter, or dark energy they discovered or something like that. Kind of ruined the pulling it back together theory... Might be wrong, been a while since I read that.

I personally think the universe is just a tide pool on the beach of the cosmos.... :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut
    What do you mean, before the Big Bang? The Big Bang was the moment that time was created. There is no "before" the beginning of time. Words like "before" and "after" only make sense within the timeline of the universe, and cease to be meaningful at the beginning point of time and (if there is one) the end point of time. It's like asking what's further south than the South Pole. Nothing. That's as far south as it goes.

Current theory...for a small minority of scientists. It's a possibility, but it's now thought more likely that the universe will just continue to expand without end.
    HMMMMMMMM.. If you keep walking souh in a strait line and walk past the south pole you will still be heading in the same direction but north will be your detintion.
    There is to much matter in the universe or that to happen. We will be clumped together. The local group( a chain of abot 50 glaxies that are close to us) are colliding an cmping together. The mlkway isheaded to the Vegan super cluster a super glaxy made up of about 1000 galaxies.
    Now thats alot of graviational pull. We will arive there in about 5 bllion years or so. when all the known matter is clumped together including the pull of black holes that strip molicules bare all compress together there will be another dawn in the universe. Another big bang.

I submitted the therie and the nerds did the numbers.
    From what I am told this therie akes E=mc2 look like preschool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynohtna
    I thought it was all moving away? Something to do with a dark matter, or dark energy they discovered or something like that. Kind of ruined the pulling it back together theory... Might be wrong, been a while since I read that.

I personally think the universe is just a tide pool on the beach of the cosmos.... :thumbsup:
    matter attracts gravitationally, not repel.

The mlkway is headed to the Vegan super cluster a super galaxy made up of about 1000 galaxies.Now thats alot of graviational pull. We will arive there in about 5 bllion years or so.
    isnt the sun suposed to blow up in 5 billion years?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast