Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1791 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

wtf happened before the big bang?

Quote Originally Posted by psteve
    Dinner and a show.imp:

Current theory is that the universe actually occupies 11 dimensions, which with the combination of string theory help explain how gravity has such a little effect on our universe, quantumly and plantry. That gravity could itself exist outside of our viewable universe and bleed in. They are trying to show this at CERN by the creation of black holes that are no bigger than an atom, when particles are collieded.

It is then thought that there are many many universes all stacked next to one another and they pop into and out of existence like bubbles being blown, but WITHOUT someone blowing.

That time is simply a vector and that in the grand scheme of things it is just a human ideal not a universal constant microcosmically. However marocosmically it is the only constant, has always been and always will.

I havn't read everything that people have posted and if i have reiterated what someone has already said then i apologise. I also dont want to get drawn into a wider god debate, if you choose to belive what you believe, thats cool just dont cite it at me. It doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by boaz
    ... thus time is recycled, as is all things in nature. :stoned:
    i swear i thought i had just pulled that out my ... :stoned:

just went back and started reading this thread and apparently GateKeeper777 came up with this idea years back and submitted it to JPL and NASA. that is wild :smokin: thanks for the link, i'm going to read in now.

based on your idea, of accepting what is around and not looking any further. we would still be living in caves and painting on walls. maybe not even that far, maybe we wouldnt have climed out of the primordial soup. Humans explore, discover and conquer. it is human nature, it is in our make up to know.

citing linkin park is not the wisest of moves in a debate on the universe. whilst i respect mike shinoda to the upmost. he dont know

Wow, forgot all about this thread lol. I have been watching a lot of "through the wormhole" episodes on Youtube lately, and it explains a lot about how the universe works.

But I'm still unsure wtf happened before the big bang lol.

I'm definitely not a big believer in the multiple universe theory though.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718