Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1530 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

mars event

hey guys and girls, i just got an email that states this month mars will be super close to earth(34 some odd miles) and it will appear that earth has 2 moons. the best time for viewing is supposed to be aug. 27th at 12:30 am. check out the info somewhere and see if you can catch it. the next time this will happen is about 270 yrs from now.
    twoguysupnorth Reviewed by twoguysupnorth on . mars event hey guys and girls, i just got an email that states this month mars will be super close to earth(34 some odd miles) and it will appear that earth has 2 moons. the best time for viewing is supposed to be aug. 27th at 12:30 am. check out the info somewhere and see if you can catch it. the next time this will happen is about 270 yrs from now. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

mars event

Thanks for the info! Just put it on the hubby's calendar (he digs astronomy). He likely already knows, but it will impress him that I knew about it! lol- Granny:hippy:

mars event

sorry guys i might have jumped the gun, i was looking for info on this and only found one thing from mars society so far. it seems like this email might be a sort of hoax. ill look some more, and hopefully i will find something. i knew the mileage had to be off, that was million miles.lol i guess something is supposed to happen but by the sounds of it, it is really exagerated in this email. sorry again.

mars event

its a little over 34 million miles.

@ 34 miles the electro-charged particals in both atmospheres rubbing together would creat one hell of a lightining show.

mars event

lol @ 34 miles...

i'm no expert but i'm pretty sure at that close something major would happen.... something would bound to be thrown outta orbit lol...

i'm never able to see this shit tho =/ too many trees around here i guess.... it's not a very bright city so light pollution doesn't play a whole lot into stuff like this... i'm just never able to see this stuff

mars event

Earth Mark 1 was hit by an astroid about the size of mars and almost split earth apart. the 2 combined and made Earth mark 2..(earth today).
    Google Earth mark 1 and see for yourselves..

mars event

it wont look like 2 moons. itll look like the moon and a disticly red spot near the moon. but nowhere close to as big as the mooon. just a slightly larger speckle of light.

it happens every year :thumbsup:

mars event

yeah nothin new but if you got a tellascop or good binculars its cool
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

mars event

the apparation of mars by jeffery d beish was what i got when i googled mars 2007. there are graphs and charts explaining what features on mars you will be able to see and when. i guess the best time will be in dec. but read it yourself if you are really interested. for some reason it has a higher elevation this yr but you will still need a small telescope to see the features that they are talking about. i had to write everyone i sent this thing to and who sent it to me to tell them not to send it on. lol i did think i should be scared if mars got within 34 miles of the earth. hehe. guess this will teach me to study about something first. but it did sound really cool. later.