Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1578 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Simple nOOb instructions for growin' da dankness

I don't do a pre-harvest flush on my compost grown plants. Towards the end of bloom they are already starting to yellow a bit and that's enough for me; I just want to see evidence that they are in fact starving for Nitrogen immediately prior to harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    I don't do a pre-harvest flush on my compost grown plants. Towards the end of bloom they are already starting to yellow a bit and that's enough for me; I just want to see evidence that they are in fact starving for Nitrogen immediately prior to harvest.
    I don't pre harvest flush anymore. First of all, I make sure my soil mix is rich enough that I really don't use much in the way of additional ferts or supplements that will build up in the plant. Second, it's a pain in the ass with my set up. I merely stop feeding them and give them only plain water or molasses water about 3 weeks before harvest. Then I let them dry and cure properly. No nitro/chemical taste. This last batch tastes like lemon. Yummy. I've gotten LOTS of compliments on the taste of my herb.

3.   Advertisements

Stinky thanks for the paper towel alternative. I like the idea of putting the sprout in a good sized container that the lights won't dry out.

Hey attic,
    Quick question do you want to do the cloning at the begining of your light cycle when your light turns on or better to leave em in the dark for a couple of hours.

Thanks
    SALT

I keep my moms under 24h of light, saltrock. So I can't really answer that. I don't know how cloning at the start of the light cycle would affect end results.

I'm cleaning up this thread and moving all the posts pertaining to peoples' individual problems rather to a general technique question to new threads...

This could be useful as far as harvesting goes..

Markass- yeah that's very helpful, thanks. We get that question a lot.

Clock- I moved your question to its own thread where I'm sure more veteran growers will see it.

WOW - thanks again Stinky Attic, some serious knowledge dropping!
    Awesome Post, keep 'em coming!
    :thumbsup:

well, I'm somewhat new to the forum but am now an addicted daily user. Of course, Ive grown on to the understanding you are the guru around these parts. It was very easy to build a respect for you with all of your knowledge to share. However, I just had to note this. You never fail to be clear, concise, and thorough. Yet, I have no clue where this came from and It gave me quite the chuckle

"...as are the nursery 6-packs that fucking petunias come in"

good show buddy haha
    [SIZE=\"1\"]\"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers....Also a quart of tequila, a quart of run, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls....But the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpess and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge....\"[/SIZE]

That is a rare and highly sought-after variety of petunia that grows wild in Cancun, Ft. Lauderdale, and a few other spring break destinations. It is the first plant that has been actually documented mimicking human behaviour...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast