Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1662 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A Troubleshooting form! Yay! You know you wanted one!

Not gonna get much help in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    Please do not post your plant problems in this thread. Start a new thread, and copy the questions into the new thread to answer them. Otherwise it turns into pure confusion!
    Quote Originally Posted by veggii
    Huh wot? did she say??.. post my pic's here for help????
    No she clearly stated you should start your own thread
    this is a guideline of what information should be in your post DOH!
    Please remember this is a sticky, not a place to discuss individual problems. The only reason it is still open for posting is in case you guys need clarification on items in the form, etc.
    Please refer to post #9.
    Questions pertaining to YOUR grow and not to the troubleshooting process itself belong in YOUR thread. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound
    Guys this is a sticky.....you won't get much help here on the end of this sticky. Take the questions and answer them with your own thread in Plant problems.....Start a NEW thread stating your problem and answering the questions. This thread is just to show you what info we need.

I promise you'll get much more help that way..

good luck.
    lol Weedy. And after that exact instruction shows up even further up the thread too... Tee hee.
    *hint*
    Attention to detail makes for a successful grower!
    beensoup - in your new thread, tell us what the ph is before feeding (everything already in the mix)! 6.7 is way off for hydro... should be below 6.0.

I've been troubleshooting here at CanCom for a few months, and still I have problems deciphering the other form.
    Since I had a couple of days of free time lately, I came up with these revised forms. (one for soil, one for hydro)
    If you think this is easier to use or understand, or if there is anything I missed, please chime-in.
    Also, if the mods would prefer I could start a fresh thread for these, but I never got a response when I asked.

-Soil Grows-

What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...)

Your Equipment:
    1.) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)
    2.) Distance from tops?
    3.) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...)
    4.) Is there a consistent fresh air supply?
    5.) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan?

Your medium:
    6.) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...)
    7.) Size of container.

Your nutrients and water:
    8.) Source of water. (tap or filtered)
    9.) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...)
    10) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...)
    11) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule.
    12) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)
    13) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate?
    14) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
    15) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray?

Your growroom:
    16) Indoors or outdoors?
    17) What size of closet, room or hut?
    18) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?
    19) Noticed any insects in the growroom?

Your strain:
    20) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?)
    21) From seeds or clones?

-Hydro Grows-

What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...)
    What type of hydro set-up are you running?

Your Equipment:
    A) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)
    B) Distance from tops?.
    C) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...)
    D) Is there a consistent fresh air supply?
    E) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan?
    F) Size of reservoir?

Your nutrients and water:
    G) Source of water. (tap or filtered)
    H) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule.
    I) What is the ec/ppm of your unadjusted tap (or filtered) water?
    J) What is the ec/ppm of your nutrient solution?
    K) What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? (high and low temps)
    L) Does your ec/ppm show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
    M) Does the ph fluctuate?
    N) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you
    spray? (Just after lights come on, just before they go out...)

Your growroom:
    O) What size of closet, room or hut?
    P) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?
    Q) Have you seen any bugs in your growroom

Your strain:
    R) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?)
    S) From seeds or clones?

3.   Advertisements

I concur.

looks good lets use a couple of times and see what comes of it

How about how often are you watering? or would that be considered the feeding schedule?

Good one Italiano, thanks. Will edit that into my copy, or into it's own post if there's still an interest. Hydro never get's straight fresh water unless to correct a problem, right...? Quantity of runoff when watering/feeding came to mind also.

I guess it could get too complicated if worried about the minutia, but am seeking the perfect troubleshooting form, lol. :thumbsup:

Any additional imput or suggestions is/are welcome. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes, just trying to make it a bit easier to follow the troubleshooting form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome
    Good one Italiano, thanks. Will edit that into my copy, or into it's own post if there's still an interest. Hydro never get's straight fresh water unless to correct a problem, right...? Quantity of runoff when watering/feeding came to mind also.

I guess it could get too complicated if worried about the minutia, but am seeking the perfect troubleshooting form, lol. :thumbsup:

Any additional imput or suggestions is/are welcome. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes, just trying to make it a bit easier to follow the troubleshooting form.
    Umm not too sure, you mean like how often is the reservoir changed. I think hydro changes the reservoir every 2 weeks or so....Not sure as I'm not a hydro grower though.

Was also thinking to adding to the how often you water one.....how much water are your giving them also. Like 1 gallon water each pot....2 gallons water each pot, etc.

Let me reword how I was thinking this.....

"How often (times day/week) do you water and how much water is given to each container, pertaining to the size of the container?"

If ^^^^ makes any sense to ya......

I am one my 3rd day of bubbleponics and am having problems from the get go.
    second day of production i woke up to my ressi full of foam and the pump was barley working. does anyone know what causes this? Also i noticed my ressi water was stinky. what would cause that to happen. my ph level was 6.8 but now is 6.4 and slowly dropping do to ph down i put in today. I also live on well water is that good to use? My plant are starting to turn yellow at the bottoms and are drooping more everyday. Could i get some help or a push in the right direction. lights i am using are 2 cfl 46 watts and 2 led 56 watts.

This isn't a troubleshooting forum, it's the troubleshooting form. Try copying and pasting the appropriate form to your new post in the Plant Problems section, answer the questions, and someone will be with you shortly. :thumbsup:

thanks rusty short and sweet

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast