Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1565 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

has anyone put their dog down?

Well i went today with my grandmother to put her best friend down. I had to drive due to the fact she wouldn't stop crying. I stayed strong until i saw them put the injection in... for some reason i just realized life is no more for spot. i also realized it's an emotional experience to do this.. It hurts knowing that friend you had for 14 years that youv taken care of and fed and gave a good life is now on the other side. BUT now im going to spend the day with gma just wanted to share this with everyone.. were going to go watch hair spray lol

the new simpsons movie rocks !!!

off topic i know..
    BlAzInIt4:20 Reviewed by BlAzInIt4:20 on . has anyone put their dog down? Well i went today with my grandmother to put her best friend down. I had to drive due to the fact she wouldn't stop crying. I stayed strong until i saw them put the injection in... for some reason i just realized life is no more for spot. i also realized it's an emotional experience to do this.. It hurts knowing that friend you had for 14 years that youv taken care of and fed and gave a good life is now on the other side. BUT now im going to spend the day with gma just wanted to share this Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I've had to do it a few times.......pets become our children and after 14 yrs. it's a tough thing to handle. Good luck and best wishes to you and your grandmother.

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

I had my dog Buster for 9 1/2 good years. He was a doberman/lab, 135lbs, understood pretty much everything you said, absolutely loved playing with kids (he'd run accross the street to play with them lol), he was extremely friendly, and cared about everyone in the family immensely.

He even saved me once when a couple dogs approached me, snarling and ready to attack, and Buster came charging out of the yard at them, letting out his exceptionally deep and loud bark, and they ran like hell!

Every night he'd sleep with my little brother. I could tell my brother was the one person where Buster considered himself of higher rank in the pack order. He seldom took orders from my brother, and even snatched his food when he wasn't looking, but also protected that kid with his life. He stuck with my little brother when he (my bro) was 5 and lost in the woods for 4 hours, never left his side for a second. He always wanted to make people feel better when they were upset, and when I was cold at night he'd come and sleep on my feet.

He also thought huge sticks were like trophies, and occasinally he'd rip a small tree (like 6-7 feet high) out of the ground and run up to us with it looking so proud lol.

That was the best dog I could have asked for. Unforutately though his arthritis pain got to be too much and he couldn't even get up from his mat sometimes. So one day he just couldn't get up after many tries, and we all knew without saying a word that it was time to end it. So my mom (his favorite person) gave him a rediculous amount of painkillers and took him for a long walk on a sunny day, and let him run for a couple hours and just had the greatest time.... then took him to the vet and had the injection done.

I even dug the hole and burried him myself, a nice square deep grave. It was weired because he was dead but just looked asleep, I kept expecting him to open his eyes and look at me. Heh, and that was 4 years ago and I'm still getting choked up writing about this. But it's just one of those things we all have to face, makes it easier to cope with death later.
    \"I think your love of the halfling\'s pipeweed has slowed your mind\"

- Saruman

ive had to do it twice, it's heartbreaking, i feel for you and your gran.

my family had to put our cat down last month, he was 21 and really sick

No, but i've lost two dogs in the last four years. One, Chaz, i'd had for 7 and a half years and he was with me when i lost my parents. He was perfectly healthy aside from the heart murmer he had from birth but one day he started being sick and never stopped. At first it was water he brought up but within two days it turned to blood. I took him to vet straight away after that who treated him with some injection. That night he died.

Two weeks before it happend i had a really good chat with. I thanked him for being so loyal. For being so good. I mean this dog right, you would not even know he was there he was so quiet but as soon as i called him he was by my side. I remember the look on his face when i said "Boneio", he loved them.

My other dog, Defor (As in "D" for "Dog) was hit by a car in april and died from a combination of his injuries and the vets incompetence, he was 2 years and three months. My last memory of him is him jumping of the bed the night before the accident. It seemed such a normal thing at the time but now i'll never forget it, at the time i never would of though it was the last time i'd see him. I didn't see him the next day as i went to work early and he was still in bed. It hurt loosing him, but not like loosing Chaz. Defore was more attached to my partner and was a little jealous when she gave me attention. But he loved her and made her happy and that made me happy. I remeber the day we got him this, tiny little yorkie pup, curled up on the back of my partners mum's Rottie / Dobberman cross. I actually have a photo of that.

yes in fact, I had to put my beloved beagle down yesterday. nearly broke my heart. I had know it would be coming weeks from now, but that only made it worse. She had cancer and there was no way to cure her. We did it ourselves.

stripedseed

May 10th this year after only just over 3 years. She was from the pound, but was the best dog ever. Now have another one from the pound and while she's not the same, she's still good.

We have no children and so our dogs are them.

W

•     

more then one... and let me say this... not one of them has been put down in the pound... they have all been put down with a hand gun... or rifle...the last one... my uncle took me with him... to put my dog doobie down... best dog in the world... a black lab with a bit of chocalte lab in him... he was normaly black in color... until the sun hit him just right... and his fur would turn into more brownish color... he was only a year old... but we had to put him down because he got the taste of blood....

but anyways to continue with the story... my uncle was a dumb ass... and shot my dog 2 times...(with a gun that has brought full sized bull elks down with one shot) so i grabed the rifle out of his hands... because my dog was still yelping and i just couldnt let my uncle blow this dog into little chunks befor it finaly died... so walked up to the dog... gave him one last hug... and had to put the rifle to the back of his head... and take care of him...

thats the hardest thing in the world to do... to put down a dog that would eat your weed if you left it laying out... to a dog that would just injoy smoke being blown into his face... to a dog that would start barking when your mom started coming up the stairs... the dog that at the end of the day would just curl up and share your bed... and sleep with you all night... and most of all... the dog that would make you happy as hell when you would come home so pissed off that you were contemplating killing some one...

i miss him... everytime i bought a bag of weed... just to rember him... i would have to roll up a doobie...

•     

partyguy that brought a lump to my throat

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
    BE SOCIAL
    GreenGrassForums On Facebook