Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1542 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Alaskan Matanuska Valley Thunderfuck Thread

Okay peeples I guess there's a few of use here growing Alaskan genetics.
    The MTF is one of those strains that frequently has its name attached to anything to make a buck... there have been some scams regarding seeds labeled MTF and sold for outrageous prices, when in reality the 'TRUE' MTF was clone-only.
    Here's some threads with related content:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/strains-s...underfuck.html
    http://boards.cannabis.com/strains-s...nt-strain.html
    http://boards.cannabis.com/strains-s...existence.html
    But there's a lot of good lines with similar origin and ancestry being grown in Alaska still.

This thread is for people with what they believe to be MTF related genetics!!!!

Please post:

-Origin of your seeds or cuttings- breeder, seedbank, friend, region they came from, as much as you know.

-Veg pics from a couple angles, both showing mature fan leaves and a shot of the whole plant so the structure and internodes are visible

-Flower pics in a few different stages of bud-set

-Nug pics if you feel like, please describe the flavor as best you can, and the type of high.

-Any other info you feel is relevant
    stinkyattic Reviewed by stinkyattic on . The Alaskan Matanuska Valley Thunderfuck Thread Okay peeples I guess there's a few of use here growing Alaskan genetics. The MTF is one of those strains that frequently has its name attached to anything to make a buck... there have been some scams regarding seeds labeled MTF and sold for outrageous prices, when in reality the 'TRUE' MTF was clone-only. Here's some threads with related content: http://boards.cannabis.com/strains-seeds/101514-matanuska-thunderfuck.html http://boards.cannabis.com/strains-seeds/5629-most-potent-strain.html Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

This is what I'm holding right now.
    The origin is local growers on the Kenai peninsula.
    The high is a creeper for sure, and can run to the couchlock.
    Flavor is dark and dank.
    Plant is short for the amount of mass it puts on in veg- crazy tight internodes, huge leaves, thick, and stocky.
    In flower, the buds are surprisingly long and slender- almost graceful- for the bulkiness of the plant.
    There isn't a ton of smell in flower unless you go over and shake the plant a little.
    Stretch is pretty minimal- the stretch that does occur is just colas shooting up, you don't get as many new leaves as a lot of the strains I've run.
    Hardiness is incredible. It will be the last plant standing in my garden in a disaster. I've abused all my plants and this one is like, "what, bring it on, B"

Here's a couple pics. I just happened to have them in my computer but I'll get some proper ones tonight.

i have no great pix of mine at the moment; i've butchered them into clone moms, and they are just putting back out.

what i know of these beans is that they are either an f2 mtf, or are crossed with a mango type indica. the first four sets of leaves showed white streaks, but that oddity disappeared as they matured. my friend's beans were mtf from alaska, close to the matanuska valley. they grew very short and bushy, extremely close internodes. then i put them outside, where they commenced to stretching. node spacing is still tight, but the stems stretched out....

i took clones after they preflowered (they may have been shocked to flower by going outdoors, this happened to me earlier this year when i put my moms outside from 24/0 lighting indoors) i got two nearly identical females, and a male.

right now i'm waiting for roots, then i'll flower the two female phenos, pix all the way. i'm finishing up a dwc grow with dreamgoddess, so these will be next.

also, during the first 6weeks of veg, the leaves were purplish when they first came out. i think i do have a pic of that.... let me see...

Oh- one thing I forgot to mention- the plant has always shown red petioles, typically a sign of S def, but in this case I am feeding a VERY high S fertilizer (cornucopia bloom) and the only plant still red is my MTFs. I think it's just the strain.

Node spacing- I have not grown this plant outdoors and don't know how much stretchier it would get under natural sunlight.

Yup, the seedlings showed some purple hues when they were very young too.

mine also show red petioles... no def's here....

looking good :thumbsup: ... I've been curious as to the 'history' of the MTF, did it originate in Russia, or the States ? ... :smokin:

States. Alaska, to be precise.

Although Alaska was settled by Russian fur trappers long before Americans were up there.

ThunderFuck was bred up in the early seventies out of NorCal bag and Afghani (what I was told by a reasonable source) by a semi-communal group of hippies- I'm not aware of any "native" hemp in Alaska.
    I assume you understand that we have options on your time,
    And we will ditch you in the harbour if we must-
    But if it all works out nicely,
    You\'ll get the bonus you deserve
    From doctors we trust.

The Afghani component would definitely account for the obscenely wide leaf-fingers. From my fucking around with both my Alaskan line, and with Afghan, the wide-blade trait seems to get passed down to the offspring in a big way.

I've recently learned from an alaskan that the original WAS native in MV, until the late 80's when caretaker was busted. Apparently many clones were saved and distributed, few of which I imagine exist today.

Another thing about TF is that its a parent to Kodiak Gold.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast