Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1554 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Heat Stress Probs?

Hey guys I've browsed the growfaqs and have come to the conclusion that the plants are suffering from heat stress. The last few days have been really hot and the grow box struggles to stay below 95 during the heat of the day. I moved the lamp up a good foot but it seems as if they are still getting those burns. I really am just wanting to make sure that it is heat stress that they are suffering from. They also have a slight nitrogen deficiency I believe, shown in the last picture. If anyone thinks it is something else i'd like to know as this is my first grow and I really don't know too much, Thanks. Sorry for asking this question for the 80th time too
    altec3 Reviewed by altec3 on . Heat Stress Probs? Hey guys I've browsed the growfaqs and have come to the conclusion that the plants are suffering from heat stress. The last few days have been really hot and the grow box struggles to stay below 95 during the heat of the day. I moved the lamp up a good foot but it seems as if they are still getting those burns. I really am just wanting to make sure that it is heat stress that they are suffering from. They also have a slight nitrogen deficiency I believe, shown in the last picture. If anyone Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Heat Stress Probs?

Nice call, the pattern of necrosis on those plants is consistent with heat burns from being too close to the lamp.
    You are lucky that's it and that your temps are staying below 95, if only just barely~
    95 is the magic number where your plants will start telling you how much tey hate you.
    Other than the slight burns, which are small enough to be cosmetic, the plants look healthy and the yellow on those small low leaves is most likely just from being in the shade. It happens.

Oh and edit: I'm not seeing what you would usually consider to be heat stress- that would look a LOT worse, trust me! Like, splotchy yellow and brown, changes in leaf shape, any nute problems you had becoming suddenly and painfully obvious... you're doing fine.

Heat Stress Probs?

You're fine buddy, but way to stay on them hoes like white on rice! I had some heat stress problems in my current grow... you can view it in the basic growing area if you would like.

Also the yellowing leave, it appears that's at the bottom of the plant which is natural, I don't personally see a N diff. at all... it's natural you will need to take some yellowing leaves off. They look healthy. I had a N problem last time and you will know it when you see it, entire leaves towards the top of the plant will start to look pale and then change to yellow... I think you're doing just fine - keep up the good work

Heat Stress Probs?

P.S You may want to look into a method of cooling your box before it becomes a problem. If I've learned one thing growing grass it's try to address your future problems a week or two in advance this way you won't need to stress yourself out and stunt your garden.

Heat Stress Probs?

thanks guys it really helps to know that my problem isnt too bad. the centrifugal fan i have just cant pull the heat out of the cab fast enough for the 400w mh. I'm going to move all these plants outside in about a week so luckily I don't have to get a bigger fan. I'm glad I dont have N def, thanks again