Quote Originally Posted by davejohnwright
Alright I've been researching, brain storming, tokin', and drinkin', trying to figure out how to put my lighting system to it's optimum use. I'm working with a 1,000w HPS system. Thats with a MH conversion bulb, and eye hortilux HPS bulb
I've figured the numbers with 3 possible garden sizes 4x4, 4x5, 5x5. I'll start with the brightest.

4'x4' area=16 square feet or 62watts/ square foot
HPS=9,062 Lumens/ square foot
MH =6,562 Lumens/ square foot

4'x5' area=20 square feet or 50watts/ square foot
HPS=7,250 Lumens/ square foot
MH =5,250 Lumens/ square foot

5'x5' area=25 square feet or 40watts/ square foot
HPS=5,800 Lumens/ square foot
MH= 4,200 Lumens/ square foot

With some research I found a thread at marijuana.com that was saying the lumens to keep a plant growing was
Minimum about2,000 Lumens/ square foot
Mid-range about 5,000 Lumens/ square foot
Optimum about 7,000-7,500 Lumens/ square foot or higher
SOURCE= Lamp Lumen Data - Page 2 - The Garden's Cure

I know I've seen a thread discussing how much light is too much, but I cant find it, anybnody?
I'm thinking of going with the 4'x4' area to get the most intensity out of the lighting system but 6,562 Lumens for veg, and 9,062 Lumens for flower seems like I may be pushing too much light. But this may be suitable considering I want some big mother fuckin' (4'-6') plants, of the highest quality possible.

Also I'm thinking of going with Mandala's Kalichakra, and/or White satin. And I will be using organic soil. Probably a 2-3 month veg to get them nice and big.

Anyone have any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
peace
So can you figure what's the best setup if you used a LED's Lights setup? Lumen, Kelvin and the PAR value to get the optimum results. In Hawaii we got Night Helicopters marking homes for a Heat signature? They wake you so early? before 5am so I figured if I can get from the Med MJ program I should do all right but I forgot about theives.

So I'm going to China to have them make me a Perfect grow Light? LED for ever