Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1645 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by davejohnwright
    Alright I've been researching, brain storming, tokin', and drinkin', trying to figure out how to put my lighting system to it's optimum use. I'm working with a 1,000w HPS system. Thats with a MH conversion bulb, and eye hortilux HPS bulb
    I've figured the numbers with 3 possible garden sizes 4x4, 4x5, 5x5. I'll start with the brightest.

4'x4' area=16 square feet or 62watts/ square foot
    HPS=9,062 Lumens/ square foot
    MH =6,562 Lumens/ square foot

4'x5' area=20 square feet or 50watts/ square foot
    HPS=7,250 Lumens/ square foot
    MH =5,250 Lumens/ square foot

5'x5' area=25 square feet or 40watts/ square foot
    HPS=5,800 Lumens/ square foot
    MH= 4,200 Lumens/ square foot

With some research I found a thread at marijuana.com that was saying the lumens to keep a plant growing was
    Minimum about2,000 Lumens/ square foot
    Mid-range about 5,000 Lumens/ square foot
    Optimum about 7,000-7,500 Lumens/ square foot or higher
    SOURCE= Lamp Lumen Data - Page 2 - The Garden's Cure

I know I've seen a thread discussing how much light is too much, but I cant find it, anybnody?
    I'm thinking of going with the 4'x4' area to get the most intensity out of the lighting system but 6,562 Lumens for veg, and 9,062 Lumens for flower seems like I may be pushing too much light. But this may be suitable considering I want some big mother fuckin' (4'-6') plants, of the highest quality possible.

Also I'm thinking of going with Mandala's Kalichakra, and/or White satin. And I will be using organic soil. Probably a 2-3 month veg to get them nice and big.

Anyone have any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
    peace
    So can you figure what's the best setup if you used a LED's Lights setup? Lumen, Kelvin and the PAR value to get the optimum results. In Hawaii we got Night Helicopters marking homes for a Heat signature? They wake you so early? before 5am so I figured if I can get from the Med MJ program I should do all right but I forgot about theives.

So I'm going to China to have them make me a Perfect grow Light? LED for ever

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by buyahalan
    So can you figure what's the best setup if you used a LED's Lights setup? Lumen, Kelvin and the PAR value to get the optimum results. In Hawaii we got Night Helicopters marking homes for a Heat signature? They wake you so early? before 5am so I figured if I can get from the Med MJ program I should do all right but I forgot about theives.

So I'm going to China to have them make me a Perfect grow Light? LED for ever
    In 2001 the US LAW was changed were they can not use In-fared to get a warrant.

The Patriot Act Throws that all out the window if they want to bust that out. I do not think thee are a lot of Talbans in Hawaii
    http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...ds-grow-4.html(check Out the Rubber Beds)

AMERICA\'S #1 We should all be proud of this great Country. It is just upsetting that laws prohibit us from growing certain flowers in ou
    r GARDENS!!!!

All Pics posted are from a source who lives in Hungary were the LAWS are less Stringent when it comes to Gardening... \"I CAN NOT GROW A CHIA PET\"

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by davejohnwright
    I started this thread thinking about the lumen decrease due to distance http://boards.cannabis.com/advanced-...e-formula.html . But the only way to figure out how many lumens are where is with a light meter it seems.
    And I know about how decieving the wattage of light you use is compared to the power it uses, but thanks anyways.
    peace
    Well light loss per range to source is not difficult to calculate.
    It goes down exponentially and that means double the range cost your lumens to decrease to a 1/4. Exactly.
    However that does not take into acount leaves that shade or other distortions and reflections etc. But from light source to top of the plants it is perfectly accurate and a basic physical fact of nature. Same thing with drag by the way was a racedriver before. Double the speed = quadruple the drag.

Interesting thread by the way man. And ye I am very much into numbers, statistics and calculations myself.

Peace

Puffzter

4.   Advertisements

Who likes numbers?

the patriot act is a complete violation of constitutional rights. Also ensures people can not sue FDA & pharmaceutical companies in regards to certain vaccinations linking to autism.

Who likes numbers?

...but I'd have to say that 4x4' or 4x5' could be lit by a 600w, going 1000w seems like wonderful, glorious overkill I assume that you're using the MH for vegging and the HPS once you flip it over to flowering... Use a rectangular reflector if you can... should light the space more evenly, though ymmv.

And can't remember exactly where I heard it, but something like 7,000 lumens/sq.ft is good, 10,000/sq.ft. optimal, and anything over 14,000/sq.ft. theoretically 'too much', but if bmwboy713 was pushing 18,000 and making it work, well, /wow/... I hope you were wearin' sunglasses while working on that killa show, mon!

Who likes numbers?

I know for plant biology that the ammount of light can be too much for certain plants. Good example is Melissa officinalis. Too much light changes the color of the plant to purple wich is cool thought. Grows natural and green if kept behind a window but turns purple already under 21W 6500K CFL(1300 lumens/lux).(tested this myself)

But for cannabis being grown naturally in deserts near the equador. High concentration of light would also need high concentration of other components needed for fotosynthesis?

If i had a laboratory i would be runing tests for diffrent combinations of light+nutrients+Co2+dark time.

Natural co2 levels are around 300 ppm ? and natural light is
    10,000â??25,000 lux Full daylight (not direct sun)[2]
    32,000â??130,000 lux Direct sunlight
    (copied from wikipedia)

lets say we want to simulate best outdoor conditions inside we would need atleast
    25000-35 000 lumens per square feet of plants.
    We would need to match the nutrient usage at this intense light levels correct?
    Lets keep in mind that man made light does not match the full spectrum of light gained from the suns rays.

So maby just maby only one type wavelenght of light could be too much if high enough concentration right ? can anyone confirm this ?

Who likes numbers?

Hi all....I'm new here but experienced grower and I have about the same size room/closet. I have a 4wx6dX8h foot closet, 400W HPS and 400W Sunlux for flowering. I have attempted to multiply the light by adding 6 large mirrors. It seems to have worked! I may/may not have 4 AK47s, (had 6, but 4 fill the closet to capacity) now in 1st week of flowering after about 90 days of veggin. They are about 4 foot in 2gal containers in MG soil. I have them staked and am trimming for a (hopeful!) mega yield (saw pics and desc from an Ed Rosenthal book) I won't be posting pics prolly, and I'm not exactly sure what defines a monster plant, but these are some thick bushy stinky babies...yes, I call a four footer a baby! They've been fed MG with every watering. Bottom line is they are very, very healthy, so get bz planting and good luck! The longer you think about it the bigger they coulda been!
    No matter where I go....there I am! It never ceases to amaze me!

\"\'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky...\" Jimi Hendrix

I\'m so old, I can remember buying \"lids\" of weed for $10 and it had nothing to do with weight or jars, it was just as much as you could cram into a sandwich bag...Me

VOTE TO LEGALIZE INDUSTRIAL HEMP!
    VOTE TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
    Not everybody has legal access yet!

Who likes numbers?

My question is I have some 20-20-20plant food can I use it during the veg and flower?
    And how old does my plant need to be for me to start it

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by hcmake
    I know for plant biology that the ammount of light can be too much for certain plants. Good example is Melissa officinalis. Too much light changes the color of the plant to purple wich is cool thought. Grows natural and green if kept behind a window but turns purple already under 21W 6500K CFL(1300 lumens/lux).(tested this myself)

But for cannabis being grown naturally in deserts near the equador. High concentration of light would also need high concentration of other components needed for fotosynthesis?

If i had a laboratory i would be runing tests for diffrent combinations of light+nutrients+Co2+dark time.

Natural co2 levels are around 300 ppm ? and natural light is
    10,000â??25,000 lux Full daylight (not direct sun)[2]
    32,000â??130,000 lux Direct sunlight
    (copied from wikipedia)

lets say we want to simulate best outdoor conditions inside we would need atleast
    25000-35 000 lumens per square feet of plants.
    We would need to match the nutrient usage at this intense light levels correct?
    Lets keep in mind that man made light does not match the full spectrum of light gained from the suns rays.

So maby just maby only one type wavelenght of light could be too much if high enough concentration right ? can anyone confirm this ?
    I'm very interested in this concept too and I would love some input on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongerstonerd00d
    Here are charts on lighting you may find helpful.

Metal Halide
    Cannabis Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News

H.P.S.
    Cannabis Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News

Growing and sharing with friends is a great way to get busted if you let them know you are growing. People talk.......ya know ?

b0nger

P.S. Clem, you prefer parabolic, huh ?
    I have both those charts printed out hanging in the notes board of my grow room lol. What I would like to know though is if there is an actual mathematical formula based on wattage and lumen output of the bulb. Cause my 400W HPS aggro has an output of 58k lumens compared to the 53k this chart suggests! :thumbsup:
    [align=center]:1baa:[COLOR=\"DarkOrchid\"][SIZE=\"3\"]\"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change...\"[/SIZE]:1baa:
    Buddha
    [/COLOR][/align]

[align=center]:hippy:[SIZE=\"3\"]Hawaiian Snow Grow Log #001[/SIZE]:hippy:[/align]
    [align=center]:weedpoke: [SIZE=\"2\"]Cannabis Training 101[/SIZE] :weedpoke:[/align]
    [align=center]:weedpoke: [SIZE=\"2\"]Super Soil Recipe[/SIZE] :weedpoke:[/align]

Who likes numbers?

I would go with the 4x5 and then supplement with 2 t5 8 bulb of the 2ft variety. get the bulbs that are made for the flowering stage and orient them vertically on the 2 longest sides of the garden. this will give the unlit portions of the garden a huge boost and help you to have buds that all mature at the same time. this is assuming that you dont mind coming up with the 300-400 bux for the t5's. I am running a 600hid with a dual spec bulb and a t5 2ft and the undergrowth areas are growing like crazy. there are very few spots that do not get direct light and i try to rotate the plants by hand every day or every other day about 180 degrees. as soon as i can im gonna pick up a 4ft t5. ppl tend to underestimate the power of t5 bulbs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234