Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1571 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who likes numbers?

the 4 by 4 area would be the most efficient use of your light as there is less square feet to cover and it will have more light reflected back to the plants wich will result in better growth there is no need to figure the lumens at different distances as the 4 by 4 room will always have the most lumens than the 4 by 5 or 5 by 5 when compared at same distance from the light.
    while you may be able to get the same yield out of a larger space you are either using more plants to fill the extra space or you are using a longer veg time to fill the extra space.
    you might also consider using co2 to increase your yield and once again the lumens per sq ft become important the plants in a 4 by 4 room would be able to utilize more co2 simply because they are receiving more lumens.

Who likes numbers?

I am planning on adding CO2, nothing special or expensive, I'm planing on using many bucket loads of water, sugar, and yeast. I know it wont reach optimum CO2 levels with this set up, but something is better than nothing. I will do this mainly because I cannot vent outside. I will however open the door and refresh the air in the grow area a few times / day.

3.   Advertisements

Who likes numbers?

GRAMS/WATTS/MONTHS
    That is the basic $$$$$$
    1000 grams , 1000 watts in 2 months produce 0.05 gwm:thumbsup::thumbsup:imp:
    I have gotten 3.5 pounds of one 1000 watt MH bulb NO big deal it took 3.25 months.
    Given the right size room and strain I would bet I could get 6 pounds, but time is not on my side.
    If your doing it for fun and unlimited amount of money and time. Have fun reguardless of the cost.
    Now a fool and his/her money soon shall be departed. P.T. Barnem

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by oldsanclem
    GRAMS/WATTS/MONTHS
    That is the basic $$$$$$
    1000 grams , 1000 watts in 2 months produce 0.05 gwm:thumbsup::thumbsup:imp:
    I have gotten 3.5 pounds of one 1000 watt MH bulb NO big deal it took 3.25 months.
    Given the right size room and strain I would bet I could get 6 pounds, but time is not on my side.
    If your doing it for fun and unlimited amount of money and time. Have fun reguardless of the cost.
    Now a fool and his/her money soon shall be departed. P.T. Barnem
    Quantity dosent mean much to me, Quality is key. I would only need 3.5lbs if I were planning to sell any, I'm gonna smoke it, and share with my friends.
    And my finances are far from unlimited, I live a ghetto lifestyle, just doin my best with what I can get my hands on, it works. Otherwise shit, I'd have it hooked up!

But I have come to a decision on my grow. I will be growing monster plants! I will use my 1000w HPS w/ MH conversion bulb for veg. I plan on getting some high wattage CFL's to provide light to the lower portions of the plants. CO2 buckets (water, sugar yeast), a good fan to keep the air moving, top soil/ FFOF soil/ perlite/ a touch of vermiculite/ diatomacious earth/ a variety of guano/ And 7/8" drain rock from the landscape supply used in whatever fashion I put it together in. And let's not forget love attention, and careful research, the most important tools.
    I figure I'll wait for fall so I dont have high temperatures getting in the way, It's gonna take me a lllooonnnnggg time to veg. I want this to last me a very long time so I'm gonna train em' well! I'll probably supercrop a couple of em', LST the others to get optimum results.
    I still cant decide well enough on a strain to place an order for seeds. Maybee I'll order a few very different strains, choose the best of each for keeping, pull the rest.
    The street market in WA sucks monkey balls!!!! I crave good pot, and lots of it!!!!! Some things you just gotta do yourself, ya know. :hippy:
    peace

Who likes numbers?

Here are charts on lighting you may find helpful.

Metal Halide
    http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...8&d=1148162259

H.P.S.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...2&d=1148175556

Growing and sharing with friends is a great way to get busted if you let them know you are growing. People talk.......ya know ?

b0nger

P.S. Clem, you prefer parabolic, huh ?

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by bongerstonerd00d
    Here are charts on lighting you may find helpful.

Metal Halide
    http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...8&d=1148162259

H.P.S.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...2&d=1148175556

Growing and sharing with friends is a great way to get busted if you let them know you are growing. People talk.......ya know ?

b0nger

P.S. Clem, you prefer parabolic, huh ?
    You know I actually have both of those charts on my computer, but thaks you for reposting them, they took some searching to find the first time.

Also I have a total of 3 friends in this state, I brought them with me when I moved, we lived together in the woods for 6 months, and for the years after that we have lived very near by each other. Normally I would agree with you on not letting friends know, but these friends are the rare type that a person can actually trust, we've been through alot, and they did'nt narc me out of rip me off on any of my other grows. So it's cool. Besides I have personally seen too it that they know their rights, and what bullshit the cops will pull to try to get a person to give up thier rights.

I do appriciate the advice though, I've told the same thing to many others.
    peace

Who likes numbers?

im not saying less light is any better but this articale that i just got done reading in hightimes jorge cerventas grow guide i may make a thread of this later but i dunno its called yeild of dreams it says this guy james is says hid lights couse lots of heat and with that heat come lots of problems in a growers space temps should be around 75 during day and no less than 55 during night he has came up with the following he has he says this way yields two times as much with less light he uses he uses 10 hps lamps he messed with numerous different light patterns light regimes ect ect and found that the zig-zag way is best he switches 5 of the lights on 2 hours then the other set so each set of lights are on 2 hour intervals and that way he cuts his bill down by half and this is wear it gets very interesting in order for this system to work properly you need 4 lamps his first grow yielded 9.3 pounds around 70% of his last crop as he started to get the hang of this light regime yields started to climb in a diff grow op from two ladies they do the same light regime that james does there grow was perfect till it cought a virus and they were forced to harvest 110 healthy plants two weeks early only 7 weeks into flowering when dried and cureed there yeild was 4.8 pounds givven the total amount of wattage(600 watt hps) they harvested roughly 0.7 grams to the watt for every 30 days of flowering everyone knows the bechmark is 0.5 grams per watt each 30 days it goes on to say this was a major improvement there next crop yielded 3.1 kilos of dank from 150 plants 0.7 grams for each watt for 30 days of flowering(1.4grams for actuall time flowered) however the yield was low becouse they didnt grow the clones long enough these polish dudes are currently using this light regime and getting 1.6 grams per watt for every 8 weeks of flowering if you want to get full deatails of this you should go to hightimes or get the mga

Who likes numbers?

That is great for a scrog system, the best I have ever seen was /is 0.6 g/w/m Getting 0.7 g/w/m is one hell of a imporovement. Scrog is the only way to go, but the damn plant count is the killer, in the U.S.A. FYI a plant can be 10 ft tall or a leaf with a root, been there done that. Once again that is extreemly good job of growing and may try it with a new system. With automation its real easy, to pull it off. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who likes numbers?

this may just be me, but its really hard to read without punctuation...

Who likes numbers?

i think the question was what is too much light? i've used 6-1000 watt hps lamps over a 4x8 before in a SOG grow before and had really good results. No staging, just straight 12/12 18,000 lumens per square foot. But you have to remeber plants can only use as much light as they have available co2, they can only use as much co2 as they have nutrient, they can only use as much nutrient as the root have available air etc. everything needs to be in proportion, you can raise one w/o raising the rest to achieve the best results.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast