Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1693 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who likes numbers?

Here ya go again.

http://boards.cannabis.com/growroom-setup/31194-sealed-room-3lbs-light.html

I just went to that page and copied the url. I hope I haven't forgotten how to copy and paste. That wouldn't be a good sign. :wtf:

PC :smokin:

2.   Advertisements

Who likes numbers?

I wonder why this is sticky? A moderator mistake maybe?

Who likes numbers?

The parabolics give a very even distribution of light over a larger area. I've found that they give a better pattern over large plants, as the light is reflected downward at a greater distance from the bulb. Works nicely over large plants, as long as you can keep the reflector a couple of feet over the crop.

Feel like I should do some cool diagram in Paint, but I don't have the chops.

I didn't notice that your hood was cooled- so you like to fly it in pretty close? Doing large plants, I've always found that things worked best if I flew the reflector a little high, to keep the plants from shading each other- but you need headroom.

I have no idea why this is sticky.
    I assume you understand that we have options on your time,
    And we will ditch you in the harbour if we must-
    But if it all works out nicely,
    You\'ll get the bonus you deserve
    From doctors we trust.

Who likes numbers?

Rhiz is right on the even light of a parbolic works like a charm.
    Take any photogram and darken a print and you will see the flat spots and hot spots of box parking light devices.
    I always love things how they work and bla blabs (that just talking and no data to back it up]
    I have used parabolics for a few decades and average 0.468 grams per watt day in year out. In a plant them in buckets chop to fit, bloom to harvest.
    scrog is to much work and I grow with a computer and lazy.
    grams / watts/months
    if you have 1000 grams finished using 1000 watts / harvest every 2 months its 0.5 g/w/m:thumbsup:
    You must add months as you could grow a plant for 2 years and bloom for 4 weeks and get one hell of a number. :wtf:
    "grow for effecency , the fun comes at harvest" SanClem:Tomcat:

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by rhizome
    The parabolics give a very even distribution of light over a larger area. I've found that they give a better pattern over large plants, as the light is reflected downward at a greater distance from the bulb. Works nicely over large plants, as long as you can keep the reflector a couple of feet over the crop.

Feel like I should do some cool diagram in Paint, but I don't have the chops.

I didn't notice that your hood was cooled- so you like to fly it in pretty close? Doing large plants, I've always found that things worked best if I flew the reflector a little high, to keep the plants from shading each other- but you need headroom.

I have no idea why this is sticky.
    I keep the light a good couple feet from the top of the canopy, I've experienced a problem on my first grow with the colas bleaching out on me, sucks when you lose the best part of the plant. Plus yeah I dont want them shading each other out.

And as for it being sticky, I have no idea, but it sure has been an interesting thread so far, I'm sure many people can learn a thing or two from it.

Who likes numbers?

Go with a cool tube if you want to eliminate shady spots for growing. IF you have a way to deal with the heat and cooling.

Who likes numbers?

very interseting , i am running 2 x 400 watt over 2 plant s in a space 1.8m length by 1m wide by 2.2 m height , temp s a perfect , ventalation is good , yeild is very good , in hydro , is that 2 much or 1 600 would do ? thanx 4 any help :thumbsup:

Who likes numbers?

Just to throw this out there, I've read that lumen output also has to do with distance, so if you are assuming a certain number of watts or lumens per foot, you also need to take into account the distance of the lights at the time... a 250w light might only be 100w by the time its light gets to the plants if its too far... and visca versa.

There is also a coorolation with wattages, I noted my 250W actually pulls about 450Watts and my 400W HPS pulls about 700 Actual watts, so keep this in mind when planning breakers and fuses etc...

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound
    Go with a cool tube if you want to eliminate shady spots for growing. IF you have a way to deal with the heat and cooling.
    The worry of shading is that I want my plants big, and I want to minimize the lack of light on the lower branches, not too big of a worry since big plants equal big colas, and as we all know they are the best part. But I dont mind smoking lower buds, so I want some of them too. I'm mostly just trying to figure out the most efficient way to work with my light mathematically, it's not working too well though. I should get a light meter, but I'm poor, so I'll probably end up doing like I always do and follow my intuition.
    peace

Who likes numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by extinctx11
    Just to throw this out there, I've read that lumen output also has to do with distance, so if you are assuming a certain number of watts or lumens per foot, you also need to take into account the distance of the lights at the time... a 250w light might only be 100w by the time its light gets to the plants if its too far... and visca versa.

There is also a coorolation with wattages, I noted my 250W actually pulls about 450Watts and my 400W HPS pulls about 700 Actual watts, so keep this in mind when planning breakers and fuses etc...
    I started this thread thinking about the lumen decrease due to distance http://boards.cannabis.com/advanced-...e-formula.html . But the only way to figure out how many lumens are where is with a light meter it seems.
    And I know about how decieving the wattage of light you use is compared to the power it uses, but thanks anyways.
    peace

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast