Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1731 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Jesus is against cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner Shadow Wolf
    way to confuse the concepts of the past with improper translations from Hebrew! :thumbsup:
    There are indeed two different translations from Hebrew on the word that can be translated as calamus, another aromatic plant, and cannabis. It has been argued as meaning calamus, and other times as cannabis. I personally believe it was indeed cannabis, simply from the constituents of the oil. THC is not water soluble but is soluble in fats and oils. The olive oil in the annointing oil would indeed dissolve the THC into solution.....which in turn, the effervescent myrhh or mint or whatever, would facilitate the absorption into the epidermis by causing the pores to dilate. Im not sure of calamus' essence being fat soluble or not. Both calamus (sweet flag) and cannabis can be described as a 'fragrant reed', and would grow exceptionally well in sandy soil with water nearby, such as the wetlands. Calamus also contains a chemical called asarone, which is a pest killer and antibacterial. So either way, both concoctions should have medicinal effects. I discount neither. Calamus is also hallucinogenic, so either way, Jesus was getting HIGH. And so was whoever was annointed. In Exodus 30:23 "kaneh bosem" is translated "fragrant cane" or "fragrant reed". I think the etymology of the word is neutral, and translation is basically semantics, seeing as both plants are PSYCHOACTIVE.

Why did Jesus cover people in Cannabis oil then?

Edit: I disagree with the Calamus translation. While it has medicinal benefits it does not exhibit some of the extreme effects that the holy anointing oil was said to produce in the Bible, e.g. healing skin diseases and curing sight problems. (Glaucoma anyone?)

Pure Evil, who started this thread mentions Elizabeth Claire as his scource. Uhm, that being Elizabeth Claire Prophet, the cult leader from montana. Prolly not so reliable...

It has be reported for a long time that the essential oils of marijuana have an antibacterial, viricidal and antifungal effect. Also a recent issue of HT had an article describing the anticancer effects of essential oils of cannabis, namely the fact that thc has the effect of giving cancer cells the munchies, causing them to shift to a phase called autophagy, in which the oils initiate automatic programmed cell death in the affected cancer cell, which in turns triggers a cascade of programmed cell death (necrosis) in the surrounding cancerous tissue, yet leaving normal healthy tissue alone. A man has been reportedly going around the country for the past 20 years or so administering this treatment and successfully curing a multiple range of cancers, including stage 4 lung carcinoma and malignant melanoma. The oils were ingested for the internal cancers and applied topically for the skin cancers. The man has been harrased and arrested repeatedly by the Feds and they follow and harrass him.

[attachment=o233886]
    Need advice wth plant problems?
    Use this form:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...ing-forms.html

Quote Originally Posted by DreadedHermie
    [attachment=o233886]
    :S2:

7.   Advertisements

It's MALARKEY! I say, MALARKEY!

Quote Originally Posted by PureEvil760
    I'm sorry to announce but I found out today that Jesus is indeed against the use of cannabis..oh well.. :stoned::rasta::rastasmoke:
    that contradicts what god says in the bible so i'll stick with what the man up stairs says, plus its alot better than most other pills and meds that are out there
    Disclaimer: any and all post are a byproduct of an over active imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by STIMPY21
    Any thing that controls your life in a negative way is sin. For some 1 beer is to many. For those to drink is a sin. Some people cannot control their lust, and thus it rules their life and is a sin. Some people's lives are ruled solely by $$, and thus greed is a sin. That does not mean for any one to drink a few beers, enjoy sex, and want to save a few bucks is a sin. I believe that any thing in excess can be sinful. Seek moderation and follow the ten commandments, which by the way are good thinmgs to do anyway.
    STIMPY1
    all things are lawful for me,though not all things are useful to me,but i will not become a slave by anything.....thats in the bible

Hi PureEvil760! But Cannabis plant is not being misused. Its just one of the best medicine for many severe diseases. Its the best way to safe human from incurable diseases.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718