Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1805 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Jesus is against cannabis.

The bible is outdated, its funny I have a friend that puts all of his faith into the bible, then thinks the shit that I read isnt real. I mean if you believe in the bible at all you have to believe in spiritual power, because it was just about a man who was a fully enabled human that displayed incredible spiritual power. Any of you can have all the abilities Jesus had, why not?

No, it's not that obvious. Not if you actually study the context the story was written in and the history of the book. The ancient Jews most likely did not know of the intoxicating properties of the cannabis plant. After all, they lived in the frickin desert, where there aren't that many weed plants.

Next you're going to try to tell me that the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was weed too, and the fruit that Adam and Eve ate was really just a fruity nug that they smoked.

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PureEvil760
    Any of you can have all the abilities Jesus had, why not?
    Really? Could you teach me how to walk on water? I bet the Coast Guard would pay me a lot of money to find out how...

Quote Originally Posted by PureEvil760
    Yea, "it" was "from" a "channeling" "."
    I'm afraid you're channeling the Incubush.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut
    Really? Could you teach me how to walk on water? I bet the Coast Guard would pay me a lot of money to find out how...
    First, you need a shitload of Jell-o...

Okay, so please explain to me your position on how Jesus gives us a "deeper understanding" of the meaning of the following commandments from the Lord:

I really don't see how Jesus' "love thy neighbor" philosophy meshes with selling people into slavery or stoning gay men and rape victims. These were barbaric laws and certainly not divinely inspired. There is no deeper truth to a passage that directly commands you to kill gay men. What's the deeper truth to that? That God is a bigot?

Either Jesus was lying when he said he would not destroy one jot or tittle of the law (these are some pretty significant jots and tittles, you must admit), or Jesus does indeed advocate slavery and execution of gays and rape victims.
    The best way I can explain this is trying to fully understand the concept of duality and understanding early Christianity.

Lets start from the beginning. The Bible has both an Old and a New Testament. The Old is the old law..and the New is the new law. We'll consider the OT "Dark" because of its draconian laws....and the NT "Light" for its love and acceptance of sinners.

Then this man Y'shua of Nazareth comes along in the mid 20s-30s AD preaching love and acceptance. He went AGAINST the established religious order.

My research and beliefs have led me to believe that Jesus came to fully explain the purpose of religion...that it is basically a test and it is not really needed...as love is the way to God...not rules and regulations as the OT concerned itself with. He displayed the balance of "rules and love". Yes rules are put in place...put you learn why they are broken.

Jesus was than crucified as a criminal. In the Synoptic Gospels (Matt-Mark-Luke), Jesus is crucified because he cleanses the Temple. In John..which is really a Gnostic influenced Gospel which was almost ousted from the Bible, Jesus is crucified for raising Lazarus. Understand the differences too between the Gospels as there are contradictions to them.

Jesus was a rebel, plain and simple. He forgave others, where the law said to condemn. HE SHOWED COMPASSION!!!! That is integration of both light/dark. Jesus' god was not the God of destruction or the dead...but of life.

No pain...no gain. We need evil and bad stuff in this world so we can realize that it is the struggle which makes us grow spiritually. Jesus discovered this and taught it. As much as I don't like it in my current mindset here on Earth..I accept it.

Jesus is against Cannabis prohibition.

Those Old Testament (OT) laws are beyond my ability to reconcile with the concept of a loving God, maybe a Rabbi could explain it but not me.

When you talk about doing away with the law, there is a difference between the law as represented in the OT and the laws as God intended. It is the latter which are not done away with, the former are of men (obviously I don't take them literally, though I know many do).

I readily admit I do not have all the answers, and I don't know anyone who does. What I do know is that "Love Thy Neighbor" includes everyone, and I believe those three words are the crux of the entire New Testament.

I think they should re-write the bible, into modern terms. For example

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    {Leviticus 20:13}
    would become

If two dudes bang, kill 'em
    or (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
    would be

If you fuck a married chick, throw rocks at both of them, so he doesn't fuck your's
    this is an epic idea... if only I had the time to translate the ENTIRE bible from bible-babble to modern-day terms... I think a lot more people would read the bible if it were in words they could understand (since people don't like to think too hard, nowadays)

Not at this point in my development, it is somthing that must be self taught, but it is also somthing you already have full knowlage of. Newborn babies are fully enabled like Jesus, but that experience is forgotten as they grow up.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast