Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1706 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

El Cheapo Guide to Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by khronik
    The only thing I don't like about CFLs is the fact that they all seem to have a spectrum of about 3000K. I've seen 6500K CFLs too, but they're way more expensive. For this reason, I like to use 48" tubes, since the blue light keeps them from getting too spindly.
    Walmart has daylight spectrum (6000-6500K) CFL bulbs, two for $6.49

2.   Advertisements

psteve:

you fixed my problems

my cab isnt big enough for flourecent and this is an easy one light fixture idea.....thanks
    [SIZE=\"5\"][/SIZE][SIZE=\"5\"]Mr.Blue[/SIZE]

Glad to help.

would buying something like this work? I havent checked my local home depot but I only found this on the website.

Here's an 8 bulb fixture I built using an add-on light kit for a ceiling fan. These are the lights we give away once a month(or something similar). The kit cost me $4 at MallWart. The rest of the parts cost about $40 at goodwill and the hardware store. The reflector is an aluminum deli tray from a catering business that went bankrupt.

would a 400 watt hps be good for a 3x2x8 space just for one plant
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by ismokealldaylong420
    would a 400 watt hps be good for a 3x2x8 space just for one plant
    Yes!

ok well i could not get the 400 watt hps but i did get my hands on a 80$ 150 watt hps and imma have to use that till i can save about 400$ to buy one from ebay prob a bit cheaper but i want to have some choice but i might make a little grow box thats 2x2x4 for the 150 watt system or would it be ok to still use it in my closet the system is a mini floralux 150 watt hps system and i bought a bulb that says it puts out 21,000 lumens which is a little more than the original bulb came with its been awhile since ive grown any info will be used:stoned:

depends a lot on temperatures, strain, ventilation, etc. But a 150 watt hps will not put out more heat than a typical light bulb or two, so you're probably ok there.

ok one more question can i just go out and by a conversion bulb and use that for veg or does it have to be like a certain ballast that lets you use them

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast