Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1247 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

How to build and maintain your own custom bubbler DWC grow

put your shirt on and i'll read it

It's not me, and frankly I don't care if you read it.

06-19-07 Day #29 of Veg.
    Cab Temp: 80F
    RH: 57%
    Nutrient Temp: 76.3F
    PPM: 1195
    pH: 5.65

i learn something new everyday.

i think that is a good idea to boil the water and add the cubes to kill all the bacteria. never know what could be in there.

also from what i have read before about clones was to pick a nice healthy long stem to cut.
    "clones with less leaves and shorter stems don't have to pull water and nutrients as far up the cutting or to as many areas"
    this info is valuable for the newb who wants to clone thanks!!!!

yeah, you are right 5150 long stems are good but only to a certain point. I have found that long stems are great for making sure you can get them far enough down in the cube but that's about it. Just a matter of preference I guess.

06-20-07 Day #1 of Flowering
    Cab Temp: 80F
    RH: 58%
    Nutrient Temp: 75.5F
    PPM: 1093, 1103, 1126
    pH: 5.2 - 5.4

we switched to flowering today by going on 12/12 lighting. The centrifugal exhaust fan is coming soon so we can't wait to start seeing buds!

i love the thread i just read the whole thing at one sitting wow that was alot.nice im a noob at this to but i have been reading everything i could find on this for the last 3 months.so i know a good bit more than i did to start.i read about all the diffrent type of setups my set up is dwc. i set up mine in 30 gal rubbermaid tubs fill 20 gal each i setup 4 with 8 plant sites each.i made a pvc spray bar with 14 360*sprayers each. i have it to where the water is right under the spray bar. and sprays all over the bottem of the 5inch net pots. then in the bottem i have the dual air hog stones so it's a 2 in one but from the bottom.

i was having a lil trouble with a lil alge. im guessing that was alge. a thin slick film so i was guessing the light was getting through the clay balls around the edges. so i went out today and bought sum emergency blankets. a buck each instead of using my good mylar. and i laid it over the whole top 3 layer thick and cut holes at each plant site and put the baskets back in for a nice tight light proof fit.i know i should have done something b4 all that but i didn't see any light getting through so thats done.i have my seedlings under 2 of those curling type lights the bigger ones not the lil ones i just bought 1 of those ceramic pull chain lights and wired it to a replacement ext cord and put a 2 way in then the lights my stuff is sprouting in about 3 days but i don't know when i should put into the dwc i have thick white fuzzy roots starting to poke out but they still look to lil to put in yet any thoughts on this? and 1 other ? i read that u (topped)ur plants how is that done? just cut off the top at sum point? i have well water it is 25 or 250 ppm by itself i guess ro/is the only way around this? or is it that big a deal to mess with? keep up the good work
    (loose lips sink ships):
    (the only easy day was yesterday)
    (u need to be wise and learn the art of shutup)
    (one time this girl told me i was hung like a baby.........9p 3oz what can i say)
    (if u can\'t hang wit the big boys then don\'t show up)
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Never argue with an idiot; they\'ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.\" ~ Anonymous

im the guy everyone loves to hate, but knows is right.:wtf:

8.   Advertisements

hey palerider7777 thanks for posting and learning! A lot of people just ask questions that have been asked a million times but at least you take the time to read a learn a little. Sounds like a good setup you have there with the sprayers and all that. If you started a thread and posted some pictures it would be very cool to check out! If you are having trouble with algae then you are taking the right precautions it sounds like. The first step is to block out all possible light (zero light being best) and the next step is to keep the reservoir temperatures below 78F being ideal. This is something I'm guilty of myself but for us DWC growers there is very little we can do due to the limited space in the reservoir. The best that can be done is put reflective material also on the outside of the buckets or reservoir to lower the temps 1-2 degrees and also you can frequently put ice in the reservoir rather than topping up with water. Or, when you do top up you can use the coldest water you can find (which is mainly what I do, in the form of refrigerated water).

To answer your other questions, I do think that your plants are ready for the DWC by the sounds of it. If you say you have thick white roots poking out the sides then they sound like they are ready. As far as the topping goes, topping is a very simple process that only seems complicated. All you do is wait until you have about 6 or 8 nodes and cut the top most sprout off just above the node. This lets the lower growth have all the light and it branches into about 4 or 5 colas instead of just one big cola. It is better use of the light is all. The best way to tell when you are ready to top really is dependent on the light you have. We have a 400W so we wanted to make sure the top got good light and also the sides, and also the underneath bud sites as well. Granted the lower growth won't get as much light but you cut your losses at some point ya know?

ok i see i new it was something along those lines i just did'nt know where to cut.i have a thread going it's not much of one yet no picks yet but i don't know how to put the link in here for u to see it.+i don't know how safe it is to post pics in here i here u have a mmj card i don't and i don't know much about how safe it is here.but what i started out with as im new to growing anything at all this is my first grow of anything. but with anything else i do in life i like to read read read and then read sum more b4 i jump into anything.so i started out 5 each of watermelon,carrots,lettuce,bell peppers,hot peppers,toms,and i got sum crippie seeds from my brother he smokes like no other lol.this is just to start out of coarse the veggies are on there 8th day doing great.there growing like crazy no wilt just good solid growing(and by the way i like the jiffy plugs from gh better alot better cause i have noticed that i put half in rocwhool and the others in the jiffy plugs and the ones in the jiffy plugs not only sprouted 3 days sooner but seem to have more roots i dunno why?) im using advance nutes micro,grow,bloom,then i have hygrozyme,bud blood,doc horn'sby big bud ,kool bloom,enngy's f1,and lq carbo load.it's neat how u can smell the roots and it smells like what ur growing the watermelon man i smell the roots and i want to eat the whole thing plug and all lol j/k.the seeds i got from my bro they are like a 1to 2 inches tall with a redish strip on one side of the stalk and a nice green on the other and the leafs are small but thick. i just wanted to start out on sum free seeds b4 i go to the good stuff
    (loose lips sink ships):
    (one time this girl told me i was hung like a baby.........9p 3oz what can i say)
    Never argue with an idiot; they\'ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.\" ~ Anonymous

well i guess i should start off by telling u what i have first so u will know whats what and not have to ask to many?.i have a 7x7x71/2 ft rmwith half for the grow space. a space for the seedling dome, and i have my 3 ballast boxs up on a shelf to the left 5ft up. and my light in the middle to back of the room. and an ac unit on the right side about 4 ft up right in front of the light. so as it can blow through the hood's 4 inch duct. and i have it set up on a carbon filter/same duct meaning i can hook up that sides duct with the carbon filter or take it off and let the a/c run through to the other side. where the duct from the inline fan is to suck the air out of the rm. i have a dwc system i made but not in the buckets. i have 4 30 gal rubbermaid tubs that holds 8 plants each. with a pvc set up with 14 sprayers each i got the 360*ones. as i have bought others and the 360*ones just out do the others by alot. it sprays all over and the back side of the spray hitting the walls and bouncing off. and with the bigger openings it looks like they might be harder to clog up on me.

anyways my lighting system, i was online looking for the ballest lite hood and everything. and found this guy on cl an online trade site. and a guy had a 400wmh set up. (ballest lite 2 bulbs lite hood with 4inch duct and a box of air stones about 5 with 5 air pumps 3 inline fans for the ducting then 2 set ups of the 1000w mh and one a 1000w hps/mh set up with a ballest box and hood each and a bunch of other stuff) like a tds tri meter ph ppm temp. and other stuff he was wanting 2300 for all that was a good deal in it's self. so i went to meet him at his storage cause he was moving up north. and had it in storage i had to travel a good ways out of town to meet him. but he had me waiting for awhile. so when he got there he was way behind. so i told him i would help him pack his stuff up if he would give me a better deal. so i did i did most of the work i might ad. at the end he just gave me all the stuff for free well i helped him move but no money. so thats why i have all this stuff. and was trying to put it to good use. all the stuff for the lites are from diamond anyone know of that type of lite?? they seem good to me i like um.

so what i did cause of the limited space i have.i took all the lite out of there hoods.and i picked the biggest one.it was the one with the hps setup.and it had room for all three.and for sum odd reason it already had the hole cut out and set up for 3 lites.so i mounted the other to mh (1000w and 400w)on the sides of the hps.now im not gonna run all at once but 2 at a time won't hurt like the 1400w of mh or 1000 mh 1000 hps or what ever so thats my set up pretty much now my ? is and im sure i'll have others. but 1st one is how can i change the humidity? it's been staying around 65 to 80% with most of the time around the 70 mark. is there a way to dry it up a bit. i know how to make it higher that part i know. but how do u lower it is there an easy way. and the reason it's been so high is because it's been raining for a few days. will that hurt at all or is it ok to be humid for a few days. and i keep the room spotless it's clean. any input would be great!! oh and 1 more ? what is ur thoughts on well water/hard water well im sure it's hard i put my meter in just the water and it's around 23ppm (230ppm) is that considered (hard)oh and the ph on that water is around 7.8 to 8.1 and sumtimes lower

thats my thread so far lol not much but a start
    (loose lips sink ships):

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast