Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1242 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

How to build and maintain your own custom bubbler DWC grow

we got the halos from a local hydro store, dont know what they are called on the net. We have since stopped growing and all of our stuff is for sale on the local craigs list. Check your craigslist

What I need help understanding is keep the system clean. I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done. Does the water have to be changed daily? Or do the hydrotrons I would like to setup some sort of hydro in the upcoming months.

hey all. I am new here but hope to post soon. I like the grow and am doing something similiar on a much larger scale.

General Hydroponics make the drip rings (halos) and can be easily ordered online for like 10 bucks.

I have 2 of these setups and I use them to keep 2 moms. I am new to them but like them a lot since I can run them 24/7 w/o needing any timers for my pumps.

In regards to cleaning, I reccomend using Clearex by Botanicare. It basically breaks down salt buildups and leeches your medium. I do it about once a month.

I have grown GP twice now, once indoors and once out. I must say that the product is close to the best but the yield is not. Usually only about an ounce per plant can be expected when growing multiple plants under an single light 600W or less.

I grew it with 3 600W HPS and only got about 11 oz from 16 plants. YIKES that sucked.

No more Indicas for me. Now all I grow is trainwreck and Critical mass. I have a massive CM grow coming in 3 weeks that is under 4 X 600W HPS systems. I added the 4th HPS light in the middle of week 5 so it may not help as much as having it earlier in the grow but what can you do right? I am hoping that I get close to 2 lbs from 16 plants. I have heard of people getting more from this many lights but we will see.

Since I will more than likely not post here I just wanted to make a few comments about your grow.

All in all you did a very good job and anytime you can come away with a good final product regardless of yield that is to be commended.

Things to improve for next time (if there is once since it sounds like you sold all of your shit):

Temps temp temps!!!!! Gotta keep them lower to get more yield. I learned in this hot bullshit CA summer that A/C is a must. Adding a 12,500 BTU in wall A/C was hands down the best thing I have ever added to my grow. YOu will be amazed at how much better things go when this is implemented. Not only does it keep temps awesome it also helps to remove humidity which helps with mildews and other things that can make your grow suck. Another thing it does is helps to keep res temps lower as well which all the roots to to take up more nutes. Lower water temps = more O2 in the H20.

I guess this may not apply but I find that tying plants down is huge in getting better yields. By reducing the overall height of your canopy you are able to get much better penetration to the middle levels. All of the lower growth should be trimmed away completely by the 3rd or 4th week. This may be hard though because you guys relied on the portabilityof you system which obviously would not work with static tying.

Topping in flower and not in veg is also huge. From a TON of experimentation I have come to the absolute conclusion that an FIM top Should be done to all cola and cola-like branches between the 2nd and 3rd week of flower. Be sure that when using the FIM that you actually nip the tip of the bud otherwise the top will not be as effective. I have had so called experts call me downright crazy for doing this but I have run 2 controled tests with 2 Critical Mass grows and the jury is out on this one. I wish I had done these 2 things with my PGD grow as I am sure that I would have gotten a lot more yield. You will be amazed at what happens when you do these 2 things. Between the 2 though the tying is the biggest and most important. By manipulating you plants to grow sideways much more growth can be exposed to light.

Anyways I am ramblimng...

Again congrats!

whats the difference between a clone and a seed?

5.   Advertisements

damn i just finished the thread. nice plants and cool tat (panther). my dad has the same exact one on his chest. lol i guess all pot heads think alike
    â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â? ¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â ?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢â?¢

Bucket Ebb/Flow GDP - Sensi grow/bloom w/ff water soluables.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...dy-purple.html

Quote Originally Posted by solid6
    whats the difference between a clone and a seed?

A seed takes a month to start vigorous veg. growth. A rooted clone takes a few days. Seeds all have genetic variants... clones are all genetically identical. Clones are good because once you find your favorite plant you can keep growing that exact same plant. Clones also cut a about 2 weeks out and yeild better 9 times out of 10.

You answered my question excellently, thanks a lot

ok so i know just a little about hydro but thats where i want to go for growing. anyways, i am just having a haed time understanding how the water gets to the halo.

now i know u have an dual air pump that pumps down to the bubbler, but how does the water get to the halo for the drip system? does pressure build up in the bottom and push water to the top or what? im confused on how that works thank you very much in advance

you need a water pump to get the water to the halos

later D:S5:
    [COLOR=\"SeaGreen\"][SIZE=\"2\"]With a little imagination, courage, and ambition, anything you desire is within your reach...
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]It\'s always 4 TWAMP in the dirty five thirty!!!
    People seldom recognize opportunity, because it comes disguised as hard work

its actually an air pump.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast