Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1612 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

How to build and maintain your own custom bubbler DWC grow

hey crispi, thanks for your input. I think you might be the only person following this thread! Anyways, we never did get around to burying the halos under the rocks but while we were thinking about it we made another adjustment that has the same effect. Instead of cutting the column down and burying it under the rocks we just added more rocks (the most we could possibly fit) and now the halo doesn't so much drip but dribble right onto the rocks with very minimal splash.

I do appreciate the input though on keeping the halos clean as it was something I was already thinking about anyways. About how often usually do you have to clean out the halos of salts and buildup? It probably depends on nutrients and how hard your water is more than anything but maybe you have some knowledge about this subject that would help. Also, what do you use to clean them with once its time? I would think maybe just hot water and a scrub brush or something but theres probably a solution that breaks it down or maybe just plain old flushing solution would work.

Whats up D.D
    As far as the plugged driprings I flush my system w/ G/H Florakleen at the 12/12 lightcycle switch and haven't had anymore buildup probs. since . Just the damn roots up the lil 1/8 in. tube at about the 2nd week of flower every grow . I grow huge crazy plants in them though - you may not have the problem ?
    Doco , and Weedhound are prob. lurkin and watchin too .

Thanx for the airstone link , had them in 3 days cali to mich. :thumbsup:
    Peace
    Crispi :jointsmile:

3.   Advertisements

thanks crispi, I'll have to check that out although if you look at the pre made packages they came with a plastic column that protects the air hose and everything inside it all the way down. I don't really think there will be a problem with roots growing into anything. Glad you like the air stones! they looked perfect for us when we were browsing around so we got them. I see they are sold out now too haha. :jointsmile: check back with you later man.

06-01-07 Day #11 of Veg.
    Cab Temp: 80F
    RH: 54%
    Nutrient Temp: 76F
    PPM: 426
    pH: 5.7 (checked twice daily)

Here are some more pics to show the progress. Woke up this morning and couldn't wait to see the difference. I give it about 3 or 4 weeks before we need to start flowering maybe even less depending on how well they do. I took some high quality pictures of the nodes as well even though they are clones.

Thats a cool setup. They look heathy... I'm starting to flower my first DWC plants. Very cool... Can't wait

06-02-07 Day #12 of Veg.
    RH: 55%
    Nutrient Temp: 77.8F
    PPM: 456
    pH: 5.2

The plants look great with the exception of the plant that is still in the different nutrients. The nutrients are called sugar peak and we have found their application is best suited for soil based plants and not hydroponics. The nutrients are looking kind of murky in all buckets. There are some fine granules that washed out of the hydroton so it is about time for a nutrient change. All the nutrients will be GH 3 part and I will do a full nutrient change tomorrow. Here are some more pictures. Thanks for the comment Earthy Danky, do you have a link to your grow so I can see what it looks like? I will follow your grow too even though we are in different stages.

I don't have a grow log just yet. I am waiting to get a camera. Right now I have 7 clones growing organically in soil and two growing in a 10 gallon DWC system. I use the 2-part GH FloraNova nutrients with liquid karma, Pure blend metabolic compost, hygrozyme and superthrive. I have a 600w Hortilux HPS. And I grow a unknown canadian sativa that a friend brought back from some kind in vancouver.

thats pretty cool, sounds like you have a good operation going there too. I'd be interested to see your DWC pics when you get them. Also, how do you like the floranova? we were going to go with those nutes but they ended up being a little too expensive for our budget. Then again you only really have to invest once a grow since the nutes are more than enough to last for bubbler systems such as ours.

FloraNova is great... has molasses in it, makes the buds real sweet. I was thinking about trying the bonticare pure blend but I'm not sure their are so many good options. And if this DWC grow does exceptionally well then I am gonna make 3 more and have a 40gal w/ 8 plants. And i'll harvest 4 plants every 4 weeks.

06-03-07 Day #12 of Veg.
    RH: 58%
    Nutrient Temp: 73.5
    PPM: 1350
    pH: 5.6

Did a nutrient change today on all three plants. We upped the nutrient formula to the 3-2-1 regiment as per the label on the GH bottles. I also went to GH's web site also and found a handy conversion guide and it says we are right in the target range in terms of PPM. We are going off the "growth" guidelines.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast