Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1916 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Can you be addicted...

Can you be addicted to THE ACT of smoking? I don't have any weed or anything but I really feel the need to smoke something. It's like I NEED to smoke a cigarette or weed. But i'm not sure if it's that I actually want a cig or to get high....I think I just want to smoke something....
    Matt the Funk Reviewed by Matt the Funk on . Can you be addicted... Can you be addicted to THE ACT of smoking? I don't have any weed or anything but I really feel the need to smoke something. It's like I NEED to smoke a cigarette or weed. But i'm not sure if it's that I actually want a cig or to get high....I think I just want to smoke something.... Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Can you be addicted...

I think its because its a ritual. Like if you went pee at the same time for a long time youll have the urge when you stop

Can you be addicted...

For some it is the act of smoking that fulfills the oral fixation that you crave. It is addicting, just like cracking you knuckles or stretching.
    Maybe you should pop a stick of Hubba Bubba in your mouth and it may stop your need. LOL
    Better than smoking a fucking cigarette,,,cause you aint got not bud.

Sorry, I am out of neg rep for you. HAHA.
    I am continuing to abuse the rep system, reason, because I want to. LOL

Can you be addicted...

Were you breast-fed as a child? I ask because Freud suggested that people develop an oral fixation through infancy that carries over into adulthood. You could be simply calling to the demands of your subconscious mind or you are a bored stoner who cares only about getting ripped? Try chewing on something to see if you feel better.

Can you be addicted...

Well yeah I think I was breastfed haha. And nahh i'm not some bored stoner who likes getting ripped. I like getting faded, not fucked up. Well on occasion I like to et fucked up. But idk it just seems like not smoking anything is giving me bad anxiety and even just pretending to smoke something kinda helps...

Can you be addicted...

Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold
    Probably be good idea to get some legal buds or something for the dry spells.
    I'd save my time for the real deal or nothing at all. When I am not smoking weed I am smoking cigarettes. Perhaps we are addicted to smoke, especially since we inhale it all the time. We all know cigarettes can be addicting through inhalation and ingestion, so immediately we notice there is something peculiar about smoke. This peculiarity suggests that smoking is not necessarily addiction, as clearly stated by billionfold but it is habitual or something like that. Do you notice yourself watching the smoke as you exhale? Good. That has nothing to do with it. It might be an indication of smoking obsession if you smoke to marvel at the infected air upon exhalation but that is clearly not the point. The point is if you want to smoke you should probably smoke unless you think you shouldn't smoke, then you can probably refrain yourself from the act of smoking...

Time to go smoke.

Can you be addicted...

Some people are addicted to the act, yes. Some people smoke fake cigs to help them quit - doesnt do anything, just feels like they're smoking and works.

Can you be addicted...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganj
    I'd save my time for the real deal or nothing at all. When I am not smoking weed I am smoking cigarettes. Perhaps we are addicted to smoke, especially since we inhale it all the time. We all know cigarettes can be addicting through inhalation and ingestion, so immediately we notice there is something peculiar about smoke. This peculiarity suggests that smoking is not necessarily addiction, as clearly stated by billionfold but it is habitual or something like that. Do you notice yourself watching the smoke as you exhale? Good. That has nothing to do with it. It might be an indication of smoking obsession if you smoke to marvel at the infected air upon exhalation but that is clearly not the point. The point is if you want to smoke you should probably smoke unless you think you shouldn't smoke, then you can probably refrain yourself from the act of smoking...

Time to go smoke.
    Reality check: Tobacco and Cannabis are not the same thing, and they have different effects. Sorry to state the obvious, but you seem confused. Nicotine is very very physically addictive, so you might want to substitute something less harmful when you are out of marijuana.

Can you be addicted...

I most certainly am addicted to smoking. I noticed it a long time ago. I constantly smoke throughout the day, whether it's cigs or ganja. I smoke a pack and a half of cigs a day, but I'm not addicted to nicoteen. If I have a fat sack of tree, I don't need any cigs at all. I am addicted to weed though. I get adjatated when I'm dry, and cigs help with the oral fixation, but not my mind.