Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1696 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats the average time for a seed to sprout?

ok, i planted my seeds last friday, and they havent sprouted yet. Should they have popped out of the soil by now or should i keep waiting. I've been constantly keeping the soil moist for germination. how long does it ussually take to sprout???
    kaj621 Reviewed by kaj621 on . Whats the average time for a seed to sprout? ok, i planted my seeds last friday, and they havent sprouted yet. Should they have popped out of the soil by now or should i keep waiting. I've been constantly keeping the soil moist for germination. how long does it ussually take to sprout??? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

You didnt germinate them first?

you dont have to germinate them but it does help... what do you have them in and give them 2 weeks tops

Usually, germination speeds up the process, and for me they've usually sprouted 1-2 days after germination, which usually takes two days.
    4 days with germination. Your seeds might be older or maybe you buried them too deep? You're not supposed to go below 1/2 inch for seedlings.
    It's also possible that you literally have zero germination. What kind of seed are they?

hey i have the seeds in topsoil (only soil i was able to get at that time, and a friends mom with planting experience said it would work), and i put the none germinated seeds about 1.5-2 inches below the surface... can i still take them out at this point and plant them closer to the surface??.. the seeds are all from seedboutique.com and from the company Nirvana

You planted very deep.
    1/4" below surface is more like it.
    The seeds may have rotted by now.

Just to clear up, germination refers to getting the seed to 'pop' and grow its tap root... this can be done in water, towelling, soil, but it's still germination.

Temperature plays a role in length of time to germ and break dirt. Too low, nothing happens, too high, you get rot, try to keep it right at 75-80 degrees F until you get true leaves.

kk thanks... i dont think they rotted yet because the tempurature is a little lower than wut it should be... im going to try and replant them closer to the surface, im just worried that if they germinated already, the roots might become damaged

I planted 8 non-germinated seeds on the evening of May 5th in soil. They're in a peat pellet container in a PC case with
    (2) 13 watt CFL warm lights. 4 of the seeds sprouted on May 12th with a 5th seeds making itself visible in the dirt.
    I've read it can take from 3 days to 3 weeks for seeds to sprout without outside intervention. I've also read if they don't sprout by that 3rd week to go ahead and dig em up and try to germinate since you probably don't have that much to loose by trying.

http://boards.cannabis.com/closet-ca...w-bagseed.html

Good luck!

My seeds have been germinating for about 4 or 5 days now. I heard it takes about 2-7 days for the germination process to come to an end, from what I've read and heard. About 1 1/2 days after I started germination, one fat seed already began sprouting a root so I planted it immediately. I haven't seen any progress with any more seeds or the planted seed yet. Some of the germinating seeds (There are currently 23 left), some shells seem to be cracking and it looks as if a tip of a root is try to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by highguyinny
    My seeds have been germinating for about 4 or 5 days now. I heard it takes about 2-7 days for the germination process to come to an end, from what I've read and heard. About 1 1/2 days after I started germination, one fat seed already began sprouting a root so I planted it immediately. I haven't seen any progress with any more seeds or the planted seed yet. Some of the germinating seeds (There are currently 23 left), some shells seem to be cracking and it looks as if a tip of a root is try to come out.
    I got my seeds to germ in 20 hours using the 6 layer towels and some hydrogen peroxide on the outer most layers and keeping it slightly wet with bottle water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast