Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1707 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Student Rights plz read and reply

HighSchool Bullshit by WalkaWalka

How does your school handle you? Do you feel free when your there or are you treated like a criminal? I don??t know the trends around the country but this year my school adopted some new rules, to the tune of: we can search you, we can search your vehicle, we can suspend you on a ??reasonable suspicion?, there will be no PDA(public display of affection), we can piss test you(reasonable suspicion), and if we see you doing anything such as smoking, drinking, having sex, or getting high during the summer there will be consequences when you come to school this fall.
    I was first outraged I believe my exact words said none to quietly were, ??this is bullshit.? We don??t have any of the problems that would require such rules. As far as I can tell the school board only enacted these rules because other school in this region of Nebraska did so. Of course there was no immediate response from the student except among ourselves. My girlfriend drew up an editorial cartoon on PDA that was published by the local paper in December. Nothing came of this nothing tangible anyways. (I don??t read that piece of shit.)
    The only rule I have seen enforced is PDA and that was early in the year because now you can??t get a hug unless she looks both ways. I conclude though that even the gossip mill here(small town bullshit) cannot produce a reasonable suspicion. So why do we need these rules. Sure a few kids come to school drunk every once in a while, but were kids and that??s what we do, but the point is this is a good school the kids here score ninety-ninth percentile achievement test grades regularly. I can see know reason why such rules were ratified into our school code.
    Of course the teachers who have been there for twenty or so years (half of them) ate it up immediately. Then the new teachers who are both very cool people felt the need to comply. Then the intermediate teachers also complied. So any hugging or hand holding are sins and will get you sent to the office to talk to the principal. Our principal is actually is very cool to us but with school board having enacted these measures her hands are tied. So she threatens us with the Rulebook, (think of Buddhist chanting that??s the significance with which it is pronounced I imagine a razor edged golden tablet that they bludgeon kids with) which if I remember correctly prescribes in school suspension.
    Our situation probably isn??t that bad I imagine that many of you have it worse. Nobody has dared to try to search me down and grab my nuts looking for a dime bag, (fuck the police by Dope its good download it) but the fact they have codified it into school policy is bad enough. I mean who the fuck are we? Are we America??s future or a bunch a criminals yet to be jailed? What can we do about this? I??m a little drunk right now and in the mood to beat people down but that??s not the way things are done anymore. How do we resist such oppressive rules, because you know its only going to get worse. You might not give a shit now but your under classmen would appreciate it if you did.
    The reason I cannot think of a way to resist right now is because people are fucking crazy. If my mom had an inkling of the hatred I have against this high school bullshit she??d be the type to send me to a therapist and put me on psychiatric medicine and I regard that as a fate worse than death. It??s probably worse elsewhere. I have a friend that got sent to boy??s town. In boy??s town you get a room that 8ft by 3ft and the bed takes up 6 ft of that. You clean that room and put up with bullshit there or you don??t come out of it. This is because he didn??t put up with the high school bullshit. Some people were fucking with him and he punched one of them in the jaw. I don??t see this as wrong. You don??t have to be a lean mean sonofabitch to make it in this world but it helps.
    I think childhood has been lengthened unnecessarily. What I mean is people make decisions for our good, our best interests, and we the youth of the nation have bought into it because its easier to have someone to blame for our actions, someone accountable for us. I??m saying that shit needs to stop. It??s not that hard to take care of yourself. In fact you ought to be able to realistically figure your best interests out by your sophomore year.
    So in conclusion straighten the fuck up, don??t slack in what really matters to you. Also stop taking this shit. If you take to much shit it??ll grow on you and you??ll become shit and raise another generation of shit. A quote I can??t remember who its by, ??The only time my education was interrupted was when I was at school.?
    WalkaWalka Reviewed by WalkaWalka on . Student Rights plz read and reply HighSchool Bullshit by WalkaWalka How does your school handle you? Do you feel free when your there or are you treated like a criminal? I don??t know the trends around the country but this year my school adopted some new rules, to the tune of: we can search you, we can search your vehicle, we can suspend you on a ??reasonable suspicion?, there will be no PDA(public display of affection), we can piss test you(reasonable suspicion), and if we see you doing anything such as smoking, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well, your school blows.

<college rules

in high school or any schools before the teachers/principals are there to look out for your safety and you don't have the same rights as you do when you are out of school. they can search you on reasonable suspicion. my school did sorta the same thing. they'd have several police come into the school with drug dogs and they'd walk the hallways having them sniff the lockers and then go room to room and have them sniff the rooms.

searching your car i think in my school district they had to get a warrant unless it was really obvious you had something you shouldn't (gun sitting in pass. seat, bag of weed/any drug in plain view, etc.)

and let me say it again, while you're in school the teachers/principals are there to look out for your safety and you don't have all the rights you do while you are outside of school.

college does rule

damn in my school we have to be clones everyone has to where white collerd shirt and brown pants no jewlery or anything but theres no way in hell there gona make me take out my 6g earings went through hell to get em in the are not coming out
    :bonghit::smokebong::bonghit:
    Blaze all day, every day Each way, the right way-Kottonmouth Kings

Sounds like a fucked up education system. My college has zero interference in my private life.

my school sucks. if you go out to the parking lot you get suspended. if they catch you doing anything our school officer will give you a summons. but ours isn't nearly as bad. I think these new rules have to do with all the violence and shit that happened at columbine/vtec/etc.
    Any posts made by this user are a lie, and a joke. Nothing should be taken seriously. Thanks!

:rastabanna:

fuck dat they searched me at college once lmao and lol this block was like patting me down and asked me what i had in my tin i was like erm
    bacci asprin rizzler roach and erm a lighter he looked agreed wanted 2 look in my wallet n i told him to fuck off thats got pics of ma girl naked
    he left it at that as it really did

Thats the thing though if they did search me they'd find my switch blade, torch lighter and chew can. Search half the velhecles and they'd find pistols under the seat. I guess the pressure does come from above upon them with the gay ass insurance but fuck why pass that shit done to us. Our school district is "sparse" very fucking sparse and that mean they get tax dollars out the ass.
    I dunno but the fact that half the school is packing something makes me feel a hell of a lot safer. No one can really get out of control because we'll be a running to our cars for guns and knives.