Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1620 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

"legal"?

so according to the norml site

The state of alaska believes that your right to privacy is more important than intruding on someone who is growing >25 plants, and doesnt have 1 oz, or more cultivated.

i understand that federal law is different, but it would be great if someone could shed some light on this
    bangbilo Reviewed by bangbilo on . "legal"? so according to the norml site The state of alaska believes that your right to privacy is more important than intruding on someone who is growing >25 plants, and doesnt have 1 oz, or more cultivated. i understand that federal law is different, but it would be great if someone could shed some light on this :D Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

"legal"?

yea i have been wondering this for a while . it would be awesome to have 24 plants legally and up to 1 oz

"legal"?

Concerning the less then an ounce rule... that seems to be statutory (written in AK's laws) so you can rely on that. However it seems to be limited to "in your own home". I'm not sure about in a car, etc.

The less then 25 plants rule seems to be from a ruling of the Supreme Court in a case. That being said, with some different Justices the next Court could overrule that decision. So that is less reliable then the statutory law, but still seems pretty reliable since it was the Supreme Court.

As far as Federal Law... the Feds (DEA, etc.) can bust anyone in the country, in any state, at any time, for violation of Federal Marijuana laws. The Supreme Court of the United States has held that Federal Drug Laws overrule State Drug Laws. That is how the DEA gets away with busting cannabis dispensaries in California that are legal according to State law.

"legal"?

what happens to federal law once 26+ states legalize?

"legal"?

Could they really legalize it that way? I never thought any smoker would live to see the day where they legalize bud in the USA, (i mean 26+ states) i wonder the same thing what would happen?:S5:

"legal"?

It's ok by state law, but it won't be the state harassing you for having them plants, it'll be city or Feds fucking with you, and state law doesn't mean shit to them. And if you have kids they can still take your kids away.

"legal"?

My understanding of the Alaskan law is that you may have up to six plants (although that may apply only to medical home grows) but that you may have up to four ounces of ready to use in your home. Transporting or selling/transferring is still a big no-no.