Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1644 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Automatic Trimmers

right here: :S2:

2.   Advertisements

Automatic Trimmers

ROFLMAO!!!! But it kinda makes the vehicle undriveable, I hope he won't need to make a quick getaway!!

Automatic Trimmers

Just wanted to point out that the Tumbleweed hasn't put all other trimmers out of business. The Twister Machine is very popular in Canada and has a growing customer base in the US. Check out this vid on youtube. This ain't your grandpa's trimmer...

Automatic Trimmers

Quote Originally Posted by Phukovsky
    Just wanted to point out that the Tumbleweed hasn't put all other trimmers out of business. The Twister Machine is very popular in Canada and has a growing customer base in the US. Check out this vid on youtube. This ain't your grandpa's trimmer...

I got to see this machine next to the Tumbleweed and it has some major improvements. A very well built machine. It actually makes the Tumbleweed look like some Chinese made crap. The biggest problem with the Tumbleweed is the blades are very hard to adjust. It is hard to get it even on both sides. The Twister has self sharpening blades and they adjust with clickers. A very precise adjustment. Also the Twister is easier to clean and the whole thing is waterproof so you can pressure wash every inch of it. I am getting one in a couple weeks and will post a report but from what I have seen already this looks like the best trimmer out there.
    MEDICAL COLLECTIVE MEMBER/PATIENT/CAREGIVER
    IN COMPLIANCE WITH CA PROP 215 AND SB420

Automatic Trimmers

i prefer HAND JOBS.its alot more pleasing

Automatic Trimmers

Is there anywhere in San Fran to buy a Twister? I have a similar trimmer but would like a upgrade. I think having 2 will only make it that much faster.

Automatic Trimmers

The Twister dealer in Nor Cal is called Trim Scene Solutions.
    Trim Scene Solutions
    Because there is already a shortage of them he is the only dealer in Cali that can get them between now and fall time. I have one on order but it is still a couple weeks out. I also have a Tumbleweed but need two machines also.

Automatic Trimmers

Quote Originally Posted by greensticks
    Is there anywhere in San Fran to buy a Twister? I have a similar trimmer but would like a upgrade. I think having 2 will only make it that much faster.
    With two machines you can put them back to back so it goes through one and straight into the next. Because it is like doing two runs through the machine you can run the weed through much faster. This is how they do it in Canada and that is why they say they are doing 10 lbs per hour.

Automatic Trimmers

Beware of all the forum hype guys,

I just posted this on another thread but i laid down 15k for one of these twister trimmers a while back based on the forum hype and a few you tube videos and a lot of BS is being spread by the guys making these and selling these. They look really cool on you tube but the fact is they do a lot of damage to your buds..so much that they cut down on your finished bud weight...and then they dont to that great of a job so you have to do a second trim once dry by hand anyway...crows feet is understatement.

They cut off the nodes growing off the bud as they trim the leaves. No one would up with a manual trimmer who lobs pieces off their precious buds..no matter how fast he is..well these mechanical trimmers are doing that at grand scale.

Look how often the Cali seller for these is mentioned in these supposed user reviews.

Its misleading...if they want to advertise their product they should buy addspace on cannabis.com..because usually when i look to a forum i am looking for end user feedback..not seller hype. I am ok when people say upfront they are the manufacturer and are here to answer questions..but i dont like when a manufacturer or seller pretends to be a end user and gives a sales pitched disguised as an unbiased review.

All of these machines..the samurai, the tumbleweed, the centurion, the rolling thunder, the green machine (great names by the way) are based on the same design which i feel was designed mainly to look good on youtube. I believe rolling thunder was the first one..the innovator..and then a bunch of other guys just ripped off their design..there is very little difference in how these machines function. So why not just wait until china rips off one of these designs and sells them direct on ebay for 2k.

Why is it that these things have been around for atleast three years and you cant find a definitive review from any reliable source. If these things are so "revolutionary" where is the freakin high times review? I mean they look awesome as shit..they make good cover photo material..so where is the reviews?

I will give a quick user review here as i did in another thread at the risk of being flamed by the varous sellers and manufacturers lingering here...everyone knows that mechanical machines like the trim pro etc speed things up..but do a mediocre job that will need to be retrimmed by hand for a finished look anyway. These tumbler based machines are definitely built for large quantity, otherwise who would spend the big bucks, lug these things around (HIGH profile), store these at their grow (did i mention high profile), go through the hassle of cleaning them etc for anything under 100lbs..but i think even large growers expect great trim quality...why go through the hassle and expense of growing good bud only to get lazy at end with a machine to save a little time at the last minute. And if these things are all over humbolt which one user claims why is the only place you seem to be able to spot one is on youtube?

Also you need to a completely different drying procedure..drying on racks instead of drying on the stem, and you get an inferior finished product just based on this. Totally different look, smell and taste.

Buyer beware before plunking down 15k for one of these monstrosities.

The best thing they are good for is blowing away your friends when you show up at the trim party with one of these in the back of your pickup and a case of beers. You roll that monster in crushing the trim pros under its caster wheels. The manual trimmers which just sit around going "wow". They are BIG and impressive looking and make a helluva impressive entrance at the trim party, but whether they are even better than a trimpro is debatable.. at least with trimpro you can dry on the stem and they are low profile and portable...oh and are not as noisy as shit. Notice on the youtube videos they play music on the soundtrack instead of letting you hear how loud that beast is.

I bought based on forum hype (mostly from this thread) and got burned..i am just putting out the warning to others.

Stick with good ole scissors and manual labor...and beer. If the guys at the trim party really love you they will be cool even if you just show up with just beer.

Automatic Trimmers

I know my friend "the Cali Seller" would probably buy it from you. There is such a demand for them that he has a long waiting list to get them. Where did you buy your machine from? Did they offer to buy it back from you or offer you any advice on having better luck with it? It almost sounds like you are trying to hype up the TrimPro's.
    I dry my stuff on the collapsible nylon dry racks and it doesn't hurt my quality at all you just cant overload them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast