Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1662 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Basic Advice-Additives/Start little...grow BIG!

[align=center]I quit using expensive additives a long time ago. The only way to reap the benefits of spending all the extra money...
    Is: A rigidly controlled laboratory grow. This means the exact temps, humidity, co2, +, all the other "bells and whistles".
    (Clean enough to eat off floor, Michael Jackson would sleep there) kind of control!

If you are just a normal home grower, and want to achieve excellent results.
    Learn to grow well, have a benchmark grow recipe that you can count on; Before adding a bunch of other stuff.
    When I did this back in the day...The 1st grow following, and all sequential grows were more potent...healthier, and allowed the op to run on autopilot.

You will find that after you succeed in becoming a successful grower, and want to step up to the next level, that it gets a little tedious to be committed to a chore that you cannot "blow off".
    Finding and maintaining a simpler recipe and a consistent mix that consistently maintains proper ph is the key.

So. Learn to grow...good KISS recipe..."3-part, Calmag+, Liquid Karma" or Superthrive"...
    I have found, that when used in conjunction with Reverse Osmosis water...You always get a balanced ph of 5.7-6.0.

A rule of thumb is start with a 250- 400 watt lamp and grow 2-3 plants. the smaller set-up and ensuing grow will flourish, give you a benchmark, but without environmental problems one has to face when using 1000watts or UP!

Once you master this smaller set-up, and want to start enhancing your op...You may add *ventilation systems, and bigger lights, co2...etc.

*Once you have taken that next step; Put $$$ in good ventilation equipment.
    If it is too hot and humid, then you will have too much foliage (useless lower and intermediate growth),
    and not enough buddage (yield) after spending all that money and time, growing your little marijuana tree.

Hope this helps. Peace
    [/align]
    latewood Reviewed by latewood on . Basic Advice-Additives/Start little...grow BIG! I quit using expensive additives a long time ago. The only way to reap the benefits of spending all the extra money... Is: A rigidly controlled laboratory grow. This means the exact temps, humidity, co2, +, all the other "bells and whistles". (Clean enough to eat off floor, Michael Jackson would sleep there) kind of control! :cool: If you are just a normal home grower, :) and want to achieve excellent results. Learn to grow well, have a benchmark grow recipe that you can count Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hey Latewood ,
    Got a cpl. of the new style w/f going and am using your 3 prt . rec.
    I got some of the Liquid Karma this time too . I have no past experience w/ L/K . It seems it leaves a film / residue on everything including the roots ? Atleast I hope thats what it is . I have no pics 4 ya man , but roots are not pretty white or slightly stained 3 pt colors like before .
    Got any feedback Latewood ? Put my mind to rest w/ worry of root rot etc...
    Peace
    Crispi :jointsmile:

Liquid Karma stains the roots brown. I add it intermittently, When I think the Plant needs a boost. It's good stuff...the discoloration took me back at 1st. it is an Organic product...And all organics are nasty. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    Liquid Karma stains the roots brown. I add it intermittently, When I think the Plant needs a boost. It's good stuff...the discoloration took me back at 1st. it is an Organic product...And all organics are nasty. Peace
    Thanx L/W ,
    I noticed the p/h dropping on its own w/ L/K too . It always rose slightly day by day in the past due to my not having r/o water but never droppped . I caught the fact that you switch from l/k to cal/mag+ every other res change too .
    Peace
    Crispi :jointsmile:

Ok late I am a total n00b and have been trying to do this. I got questions though..... when people say 200-400 watt is that 1 single light or a combo. I have 23w CFL and an 13w CFL on my 2 small growings. Does that mean I have 36w? or are people talking equivalents of watts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettopops
    Ok late I am a total n00b and have been trying to do this. I got questions though..... when people say 200-400 watt is that 1 single light or a combo. I have 23w CFL and an 13w CFL on my 2 small grows. Does that mean I have 36w? or are people talking equivalents of watts?
    NO. 23 watt cfl = 100 watts, I use 40-45 watt cfl = 150 watt So 4 x 150 = 600 watt...follow me?

You should read up on cfl's in the indoor growing/lighting section.

<<<TO ALL NEWBS>>>Read the growfaqs...then look around and dig up related topics, in the appropriate cultivation forum. That is how I started out, and I learned how to find what I was looking for. Who to trust.

i.e. I wanted to learn DWC...So, I found every thread I could about DWC...I blew off the ones that just went "stupid", and after a few good reads...I found that there were 3-4 people who really knew their 'chitman...
    & had an ability to teach/mentor curious newcomers. Just relate this info to your topic matter, and go on a treasure hunt of grow knowledge. Peace

I am glad you all are enjoying this thread. :smokin:

latewood...was wondering if u could help guide me a little...been trying to stay basic but been having problems during flowering...use biobizz biobloom, topmax, and occasional liquid karma and cal-mag...followed bio bizz's feeding schedule and all was well...plants started to stretch so i added humboldt's bushmaster (which is secret ingredients...just says sea kelp added) applied it twice a week for 1st two weeks and my plants are wrecked...flushed em with botanicare's clearex yesterday and now have no clue what is the next step...could u help me out...here are some pics from yesterday b-4 the flush...i def. will not use any more bushmaster but now what...continue the bio-bizz schedule or take a week off or go 1/2 strentgh...your advice would be appreciated

The plants are dying from over-fertilization. The nutrients in the medium are very concentrated. Flood the containers with water so that a gallon should drains out for every 2 gallons of container space. Begin with ¼ strength of your flowering fertilizer after the leaves show signs of recovery.