Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1525 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

first grow: northern lights from nirvana; closet/cab; can use all the help i can get

ok, so my seeds from the doc. chronic came today; seeds were well protected (read: uncrushable), though i could have wished a bit more on the stealth; a week and a half from order date; all in all, i'm happy

seeds also look good; pretty dark and hard, with stripes and spots

right now i've got 4 of them in a styrofoam cup with tap water, waiting for them to crack

once they crack, they'll be going in styrofoam cups with holes in the sides and bottom, organic miraclegrow, maybe a bit of superthrive

right now my closet is set up with 3x26w soft white cfl's in utility clip fixtures. i'll be adding a lot more lights as time progresses

i have a 250w hps coming, and i bought a small cab for a veg cab and am planning to buy a cab for flowering as well in time; for now, the closet will do

anyway, just thought i'd start a thread; i can use as much advice as y'all can give me. i've watched a ton of grow vids, and read quite a bit as well. i feel i'm in a good place to start.

i'm probably going to germinate 6 of these seeds, save 4 for the future; if i get one healthy female that will be fine, but i'm hoping for 2 or 3. one way or the other the best is going to become my mother and i'll be cloning and all that good stuff.

it's a fun time. wish me luck!
    bobbygreenbear Reviewed by bobbygreenbear on . first grow: northern lights from nirvana; closet/cab; can use all the help i can get ok, so my seeds from the doc. chronic came today; seeds were well protected (read: uncrushable), though i could have wished a bit more on the stealth; a week and a half from order date; all in all, i'm happy seeds also look good; pretty dark and hard, with stripes and spots right now i've got 4 of them in a styrofoam cup with tap water, waiting for them to crack once they crack, they'll be going in styrofoam cups with holes in the sides and bottom, organic miraclegrow, maybe a bit of Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

first grow: northern lights from nirvana; closet/cab; can use all the help i can get

1st question: i have them in my dark closet in water. it's probably 65F. should i put them somewhere warmer? i have them in the dark. i imagine that is best because you wouldn't want to get light on the the root when it comes out

once they crack they'll go right into the soil

when i transplant, it'll probably be into 1gal pots, and i'll probably use fox farm ocean forest, but that's a long time from now

i should probably get some perlite to mix with the org. miraclegrow.

Keep the temp up to 80-85 for germination if possible, they can handle it. You will have a much faster and more successful rate if the temp is high. Remember tho no higher that 90 or you can have the opposite effect. Also keep the temp steady _ no ups and downs as this can cause problems.

How did that 250w HID work in your grow cab? I am thinking about doing the same thing. Did you have a lot of heat issues?

Sounding good BGB, i'd agree with tears that the temp could do with being a little warmer.

Good luck!

e2a Whooops this is an old thread lol