Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1549 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My suggestions.

i played around in this forum a couple years ago, under a differnt name. couldn't remember the name or password and have since switched net service providers so i couldn't get back on my old name. so i told you that to tell you this. i quit posting and even reading this forum because i felt like some people were given more wiggle room with their comments than others as far as what is acceptable to post and what is not. after i left i felt like i should have made a few suggestions. so here are my suggestions. please keep in mind i completly understand that this site belongs to someone and is subject to to the rules and decisions made by said person and their team. that being said this is a forum for suggestions so i figgure i would drop a few.

as far as the list of rules goes its pretty vague. the way it is written lends itself to alot of differnt interpretations. where one mod may view something as acceptable another may swoop in and say not so fast. and the person that made the post may have a completly differnt view on the post. basically this forum has a short list of rules that is intended to cover a broad spectrum of "ideas." maybe a few more rules would be helpful, or atleast a better explanation of the rules already in place

mods are gods. what i mean by this is, in browsing the differnt threads and such there are many examples of mods breaking the same rules that we are expected to abide by. im a believer in what is good for the goose is good for the gather. i think that if anything mods should be held to a higher standard and more strict rules. i am more than willing to bring examples to back this up if asked, i just didn't do it right now because it would take up space in the post and its after 5 in the am

the infraction system. if a mod is going to take the time to give someone an infraction they should take the time to carefully and fully explain why this infraction was given. this goes back to the rules thing. if someone posting on this site has a differnt idea of what the rule means then how can they be given an infraction when they really thought they were following the rules. i know ignorance dosen't mean the same as innosence, however when someone has a differnt view on what something means than you that dosen't make them iggnorant, it simply makes them differnt.

you know the more i write in this post the more i get the feeling it will either be deletd locked or just flat ignored. basically what i am saying is that because of the lifestyle that im assumig everyone that post here leads we open ourselves up to all kinds of bullshit that a non-smoker simply dosen't have to deal with and can't understand. why should we have to deal with the same kinds of things in an open forum where we should be able to express an honest opinion on anything and everything our little high minds can think of. i understand that bandwith is probably an issue an everything that goes threw a stoners head would take up alot of space (and for that matter would probably freak any non-smokers out that happend upon this site.) this said i know that we can't just post stupid stuff. but for example, when a user make a thread saying that they think they got some laced shit and has a question about what they think it is laced with thats not the same as saying i went out and did _________ this weekend (insert your choice of other substances in the blank) and it is in my eyes (which probably dosen't cout for much) a very legitiment thread. and yes i used this example because i got an infraction for replying to a similar thread. to say that something isn't allowed because the owner of the site dosen't want it here is the equivilent of your parents telling you "because i said so". its a pretty good tactic when trying to get a 5 year old off your back but i was under the impression that the majority of the people posting around here were mature adults. again just my opinion here but if someone takes the time to ask a legitiment question the same level of maturity should be shown when giving the answer. i meant to stop typing this along time ago but my damn fingers wouldn't quit, so i'll stop here. i have alot more ideas i just know i don't often read long ass post all the way through so if you guys are intrested in what i have to say just lemme know and i will gladly give you more of my opinions. im sure i pissed of more then a couple people now that i go back and read what i have written over but the people that i piss off by writing this are probably going to be the people that need to read it the most. it wasn't my intention to do so but its almost impossible to avoid pissing someone off when you give the whloe world you honest opinion.

now that i have said that i will say this: i like the site. i like the people that post on this site. hell for the most part i like the mods. i just think you can always make a good thing better. and now that i have run my mouth some more ill quit for a while. lol

happy toking:jointsmile:
    twentysac Reviewed by twentysac on . My suggestions. i played around in this forum a couple years ago, under a differnt name. couldn't remember the name or password and have since switched net service providers so i couldn't get back on my old name. so i told you that to tell you this. i quit posting and even reading this forum because i felt like some people were given more wiggle room with their comments than others as far as what is acceptable to post and what is not. after i left i felt like i should have made a few suggestions. so here are Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

My suggestions.

It's kinda how it goes, they were picked because they were trusted. They were chosen for their better judgment. I just don't understand how a bunch of pot heads are expected to follow guide lines, I mean thinking out the box is what we were born to do. . .

My suggestions.

"please keep in mind i completly understand that this site belongs to someone and is subject to to the rules and decisions made by said person and their team"

^^^ Basically, that's how it goes. The mods and the admins keep in communication with the rest of us, and to be honest the current mods are good at listening to suggestions and if appropriate passing them on up the chain. But not every suggestion can be taken on board, simply because this forum would be way too complicated and the rules would be confusing and contradictory, or it just isn't possible or even necessary. It's not totally a case of "because I said so" because if you ask nicely, the mods or the admins are happy to discuss anything with us... It's more a case of not being able to please everybody all at once.

In the case of how much 'power' the mods have and the specifics of the rules, that is totally up to the owner of this site. After all, he owns it. He has to be able to decide some things for himself, right?

My suggestions.

Yeah but kinda like you said, you can't see everything at once. . .

My suggestions.

You said you were here a few years ago, and you have to admit that the site has improved since then. The mods do a good job of trying to be fair, but their human. If you take the time to email them about an issue I think they're normally pretty good about straightening things out.

My suggestions.

That was just to long to read,,,Us stoners have better things to do...

My suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by twentysac
    the infraction system. if a mod is going to take the time to give someone an infraction they should take the time to carefully and fully explain why this infraction was given. this goes back to the rules thing. if someone posting on this site has a differnt idea of what the rule means then how can they be given an infraction when they really thought they were following the rules. i know ignorance dosen't mean the same as innosence, however when someone has a differnt view on what something means than you that dosen't make them iggnorant, it simply makes them differnt.
    I notice you were the lucky winner of two infractions within a very short period out of which one came from me. I agree with your position in that thread on substance but the delivery was the problem as you should be able to well understand since I pointed it out in that thread. We had a HUGE blow out piss fest in that forum a while back and since then that type of post isn't tolorated by ANY member.

IF you/ or others have a problem with an infraction/ban it's usually best to send an e-mail to the mod in question for further discussion.

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

My suggestions.

im with p4b on this...

all of us mods have emails for you to contact us, and respond very well to the members needs and concerns if you approcah us...maybe you should have tried that....

on another note...i get so tired of hearing that we are god like..there is nothing godlike about this volunteer position we have taken on in our own free time....i myself have infractioned and banned good friends of mine on here, as well as people i dont know..the rules are the rules....and frankly, most of them are common sense..ie, this is a cannabis site, dont talk about other drugs...seems simple to me....

and lastly....this site has rules for a reason..there is a reason this site is so good and hasnt been shut down or had any problems, and the mods, owners, and rules are a big part of that...i am sorry if you dont like how things are done here all the time, but sometimes things are done for reasons you arent apprised of...

thanks for your thoughts and ideas and for communicating respectfully....

My suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by surreys princess

on another note...i get so tired of hearing that we are god like..there is nothing godlike about this volunteer position we have taken on in our own free time
    Everybody to their own opinion I guess.........LMAO!

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

My suggestions.

yeah, dude, i get infractions, but only when they are appropriate....p4b LoL my bad intoxicated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast