Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1784 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Outdoor Growing in Ireland

Them some purdy plants, im really amazed your havin so much success considering the unbelivable shite weather thats been doging us for bout a month now. My plants have all sprouted on my windowsil and are pushing towards 3inches, but im worried they wont survive the harsh outdoors. Dunno when this weather is gonna ease up, and to think i heard off many people that this was gonna be one of the hottest summers yet. Watta loada shite

Quote Originally Posted by ptl32
    Did you start them outdoors as in just plant the seed or did you germinate indoors and move out?

I tried to find a few spots out of the way but in dublin it's impossible, I'm way to late to get a sucessful one this year but hopefully next year I'll find a few spots
    i didnt bother germinating them since it wastes alot of time.. i threw down 3 seeds and 2 grew.. i was pretty happy with that..

if you live near a park or anything like that i'd say you would easilly find a nice spot.. hmmmm, i dont think your too late, i'm planning on planting about 8 more seeds in the next month, theirs still a good few weeks till the flowering stage starts in ireland so if you get a few plants goin your still looking at harvesting a few ounces.. look at it this way, all you need is 30â?¬ for 10 seeds, out of them 10 seeds you will more than likely get 5 or more females and out of them 5 plants you will get over 10 ounces.. 10 ounces for 30â?¬ is a great deal to me and it's your own smoke so you know its not mixed down:rastasmoke:

Haha there is no way I could find a spot in the 3 parks that are close to me... Way to public and open. One of them is full of little knackers so they would smell it a mile away aswell.. maybe im just terrible at picking spots or overly paranoid but I spent a whole day looking for spots for next year and found feck all

4.   Advertisements

TheBudBuster

Quote Originally Posted by kc33xmasterkush
    some more pics .. i have pics of some plants i started in may but their on my digital camera but i have no batteries... the ones from may are northern lights#5 x haze they are huge
    Gorgeous man Not to big not to small.. about a month old id say ...no

KEEP HER LIT

TBB

•     

A few years back myself and house mate grow some indoors and it was divine. Im very interested to find out about out door cultivating(Grilfriend wont let me grow indoors). I imagine I need to plant around end of April Beginning of May. The information provided here is very informative thanks, Any other tips. I probably growing from Seeds so would I need to germinate them first indoors ?

•     

growin outdoors in ieland is easy. one of the main problem is mould but if u get the right strain you'll have few probs. i succesfully grew a crop of early misty and swiss miss the last two years. swiss miss is the business for this climate. (nirvana seeds)

•     

ive been inspired

•     

Quote Originally Posted by kully
    Anyone ever tried it?

Its nearly that time of year,the weather is changing,ive got a couple of mothers going and im thinking of planting some clones.

I dont own land so it would be a gorilla type of grow,but im a bit undecided and nervous about the risks.The last few weeks ive been taking the dog for long walks scouting locations and have found a few where i dont think anyone would really go.
    Anyone had any success with outdoor grows? Do you think its worth it or too risky.
    I've grown outdoors in West-Cork, Ireland and I've had good sucess, but nothing like growing in a tunnel. Heres how I did it:

First get the seeds. - seed from plants that have being grown outdoors in our climate zone are best if you can get them from a friend.
    Otherwise get outdoor seeds from a head-shop, The Funky Skunk in Cork is my favourite - The Funky Skunk - Corks First and Finest Head Shop - Herbal Highs - Spice - Charlies - Red Devils - Happy Caps - Chillums - Books

Next step - germinate the seeds. Get a flat container and cover the bottom of it with cotton wool or tissue. Wet this and let all excess water drain of. Place the seeds on top. Cover with cling-film to stop it drying out. Now put this in a warm place like an airing cubbord. In about one week the seeds should have sprouted if they were warm and damp.

Next step - starting the seedlings. Plant the seeds in small pots just covering them up to the base of their stems. Use peat moss or potting compost and you can use liquid fertlizer if you want. Now place them in a south facing window or better again- a tunnel or glasshouse. You can also make a simple tunnel or glasshouse that only needs to be a foot or two in hight. Make sure the pots are big enough for the plants as they grow and make sure that they never dry out or this will really set them back or kill them.

Next step - Planting out. Dig big holes at least one foot deep and two feet across.
    Fill the holes with the best compost that you can get. Cow or similar manaure is the best and can usually be gotton quite easyily in the countryside - just say to some farmer that you want to grow some vegtables of something . Plant the plants level with the groung level with manure all around and under them as they really need this for the best results.

Next step - caring for the plants. Once they are planted outside you hardly need to care for them, you just need to kill a few from time to time and by that I mean the males - they have flowers that will ferterlize the female plants and cause their buds to produce seeds thus ruining your crop. The males are recognised by their very distintive flowers that come out before the females start producing buds. Look for pictures on the web to show you what both look like. The only other thing is watering. This is usually only necessary during a drought or when they have just been planted although you might want to water them with liquid fertlizer from time to time.

Next step - harvesting. Before the plant start to get moldy they need to be harvested - after the start of september you need to check that there is no mold as it can destroy a crop very quickly. In late september - early october harvest and leave your plants hanging downward in a warm, dry place. A de-humidfier is better than a heater but a warm attice or clothes cubbord will do.

The whole trick of outdooor growing is to maximise the time that the plants are growing - germinate in Febuary and plant out as soon as growing conditions outside are good - in April or May.

:chainsaw: Think big....

Peace out

•     

Hey man seansnap gr8 peace as in article as in not euphoria.wooo.
    everybody that has yet to carry out a grow or even considerd a grow will now find it easy uuu d man :thumbsup: The other thing that fellow dubs like myself will be trying to get rigth! is spots to grow anywhere up around d Dmts would b worth looking into a place thats well enuf heed tat the gardi wudent evn bother wit i dnt even think they check it anyway theyd nevr find it thats the point getting the stuff back to ur house wen its ready will be easy to if ur not noticable or knowing to the Gards fkc em if ya get cuagth anyway just bring an ak47 & be ready to spray .......jokeinggg dnt do tat just gather up a load of bumble bees in a jar & if or wen ur stoped chuck em in the face of those bastards who try & halt ur smokeing thats my plaN anyway always has been. PEACE out

•     

ordered seeds online and they should be coming in either tomorrow or the next day, what are the chances of them gettin through the post? would they be as strict as posting weed or hash?

• Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast