Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1619 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Using Marijuana While Breastfeeding

Quote Originally Posted by psychocat
    I do not agree with women who are pregnant or breast feeding consuming cannabis .
    Even if some claim the risk is minimal why would you take any risks with a child ?
    I do not believe it is harmless.
    IMO anyone who tokes whilst pregnant or breastfeeding is being completely selfish.

As for the idea that there are two distinct types of users I would have to say that I strongly disagree that cannabis is in any way a "gateway" drug , this is a goverment argument that is used to demonise cannabis. The "type" of users is as varied as thier reasons for using and that's as varied as the human race is.

I said "Around HERE" and in the typical user in my area of the country. I personally don't believe that the bud itself is a gateway drug but I do believe that for many recreational users with addiction tendencies cannibis can be trigger, that helps develope and strengthen a addiction. But over-shopping can have the safe "I feel good" blanket too, it's not about the drug it's about people who don't need it to treat ailments being weak to beginwith and suseptible. It puts them right at that fine line where they can either be enjoying, or abusing anything at all for the emotional and physical payback.

Just because they aren't taken seriously doesn't mean anything can be an addiction.

Further more stress is a bigger killer of babies utimately, unborn or alive, than any other thing, especially stress in the one person they are most connected with. I treated anxiety, severe postpartum depression, morning sickness, insomnia, and malnutrition using cannibis during my pregnancy and while breastfeeding. You go through all that and tell me that one herb to treat it all isn't better that all the scrips and unhealthy things the doctors tell you to do.
    I was told to eat fastfood, junk, carbs, and tonnes of foods that contain so many unhealthy chemicles and toxins that are only make to fool your body into thinking it is food. I was told to stop walking my dogs so I wouldn't burn so many calories. And I was told that without the scripts My stress would kill me baby when I started bleeding. Marijuana saved me and my daughters life, just like the other herbs I used from the bush and the land.

Oh and if you would like to know there are amazing new studies taking place on the placenta. You see it is designed to push all toxins away from the baby and act like a filter, we all have it. They are finding however that there are some people whose placentas "push" better than others. That is why things like Fetal Alcohol Syndrom occur and also why it seems to run in families. It really is bringing a whole new understanding to what the fetus is actually exposed to. There are some toxins and meds that can flow through it though.

This hasnt been touched on in a short period, but I am curious as to if anyone has found any publications from the Netherlands?
    As was stated in the original post, the info available is mainly untrustworthy due to influences from a government who is actively fighting a war against the plant.
    I also understand that we as humans have been using this plant for medicinal purposes for over 8000 years. You would think that is there were a connection to harming a child with "tainted" breast milk or during pregnancy it would be common knowledge as eating certain berries is.
    If anyone can find anything that is positive or even negitive that has been published in the Netherlands in regard to cannabis consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding I would most appreciate reading it.
    Thanks

3.   Advertisements

I smoked pot throughout my pregnancy (cut down a lot though), but quit drinking and smoking cigarettes. Although I forgive myself because I was managing a business, in an abusive relationship with a raging alcoholic, and stress was at an all time high, I still regret my choice because it could be responsible for some of my child's difficulties in life. She was born a little early and therefore very small. Although she's 16 now, she had problems learning to read (although she overcame and scores high on English exams now/is an excellent writer), but still has trouble in math, and is bipolar, like me. There is no way to say for sure whether I am to blame or not. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't choose to smoke while pregnant, and would definitely not get pregnant by a wife beater lol. :icon506:

I know other moms who have smoked though and had no problems with their kids, so who's to say. At least it's natural. Do what you gotta do ladies but be prepared for feelings of extreme guilt later.

It's off a website..you know the legal buds you get! lol I dont want to do the real thing, so I wanna get alittle off some legal bud! Anyone know if it's ok to do this? PLEASE ANSWER! Thanks!

Unless you know EXACTLY what's in "legal bud", I wouldn't go putting it in your baby's body. Plain & simple. Why risk it?
    Better to wait one last month and then get stoned as hell after you've had the baby.
    You'll feel better about yourself...
    Oh, and it's not cool to threadjack. :rastasmoke: Sorry Chrissy!

Quote Originally Posted by dooobster
    Unless you know EXACTLY what's in "legal bud", I wouldn't go putting it in your baby's body. Plain & simple. Why risk it?
    Better to wait one last month and then get stoned as hell after you've had the baby.
    You'll feel better about yourself...
    Oh, and it's not cool to threadjack. :rastasmoke: Sorry Chrissy!
    A month! OMG I would never consider breastfeeding a baby for less than a year and think that two years is the best thing anyparent can do for their children. There are so many studies related to the dangers of formula feeding if you just search them out instead of reading what society force feeds us.

:bump2:

A friend of our was pregnant.....you know how normally a woman will get morning sickness for the first month or so ...she threw up during her entire pregnancy...was admitted to the hospital multipul times due to dehydration

The only thing that helped her was weed to hold down food....and she has always breast feed and smoked after delivery

if you cant stop smoking to feed your child then bottle feed him, dont put THC in his body

honestly though most mothers wouldnt consider getting high anywhere near their child, let alone give him some of the drug too. bottle feed him

My wife and I are expecting out first baby ina month or so. she will breastfeed. she dont smoke or drink, but if she did I would'nt like to risk it during pregnancy or during breast feeding.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast