Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1575 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Using Marijuana While Breastfeeding

Well I guess what what I'd still like to know if it gona be in the baby's system if she's tested?:smokin:Have a daughter that smokes.We've all started smoking (Cannabis,cigaretts) outside since baby Beth has got home. My daughter wants to start back smoking cannabis.Will it be in the baby too? Or does it not transfer?

2.   Advertisements

good little read. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chronic Chrissy again.
    were about to have a baby pop out in about middle of nov and were goin to breastfeed. the wife smokes most the day(but is also sick all day) and it helps her alot. the baby is always kicking and seems to be way better than last one(lost at 5 months). the wife might be smoking, but we are smoking organic safe buds. she hasnt taken any type of advil/tylanol or any other type of chemicals that linger in the body.
    the reason we want to breastfeed is because it is way healthier and more productive for babies.

i am now a slave to making sure my baby is healthier and has a better life and environment to live than i have

Great read!! The wife and I have been arguing for weeks about this with friends and family. I haven't been able to find anything reputable in writing to show them, but my arguement was that I would MUCH rather my wife smoke occasionally if she needs to, (she is having the yucks and mood swings from hell) to help her than to take any pills.
    Someone, please, show me in writing were pot is more harmful than tylenol even. Granted smoking isn't the best delivery, but I am talking about vape and edibles. We were told that if she pee's hot, they will not let us get WIC, and may even take the baby. So, she basically doesn't medicate at all, unless she absolutely needs to. I have been helping her with relaxation techniques. Self hypnosis, meditation, that sort.
    Does anyone know if MMJ patients are recommended from their docs to stop cannabis whilst pregnant?
    whiskeytango

I had to stop breast-feeding while smoking MJ, (was accidentally burning her)

The perinatal stage and adolescence are stages of high neuronal plasticity. I would avoid having my seven year-old smoke cannabis, and, also, my girlfriend when she's five months pregnant, until childbirth.

hey sns, ive never heard of them drug testing for WIC, my wife is on it and i know countless others on it and have never heard of drug testing. good luck on everything

Quote Originally Posted by SnSstealth
    Great read!! The wife and I have been arguing for weeks about this with friends and family. I haven't been able to find anything reputable in writing to show them, but my arguement was that I would MUCH rather my wife smoke occasionally if she needs to, (she is having the yucks and mood swings from hell) to help her than to take any pills.
    Someone, please, show me in writing were pot is more harmful than tylenol even. Granted smoking isn't the best delivery, but I am talking about vape and edibles. We were told that if she pee's hot, they will not let us get WIC, and may even take the baby. So, she basically doesn't medicate at all, unless she absolutely needs to. I have been helping her with relaxation techniques. Self hypnosis, meditation, that sort.
    Does anyone know if MMJ patients are recommended from their docs to stop cannabis whilst pregnant?
    whiskeytango

my doc and midwife told me not to quit because of stress, they said stress was more harmful than mj

thanks guys!!!
    whiskeytango

Quote Originally Posted by itsbeenawhile
    if a woman smokes whilst breastfeeding, the cannabis can still be found in babies urine for upto 3 weeks after! Not a good thing in my opinion. Im sure people say how fine their kids are after smoking, but then you dont know how much their emotional and mental development has been stunted as a result
    You are right.

I do not agree with women who are pregnant or breast feeding consuming cannabis .
    Even if some claim the risk is minimal why would you take any risks with a child ?
    I do not believe it is harmless.
    IMO anyone who tokes whilst pregnant or breastfeeding is being completely selfish.

As for the idea that there are two distinct types of users I would have to say that I strongly disagree that cannabis is in any way a "gateway" drug , this is a goverment argument that is used to demonise cannabis. The "type" of users is as varied as thier reasons for using and that's as varied as the human race is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast