Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1912 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

blowing air on an hps

well, my closet grow may not be able to have any dedicated intake or exhaust, but i'm still considering using 250w hps. if i set up a wall-fan right next to the unit, even without a cool-tube, blowing constant air directly on the light, how would that do? would i be cooling it or just simply spreading the heat around?
    uzybear Reviewed by uzybear on . blowing air on an hps well, my closet grow may not be able to have any dedicated intake or exhaust, but i'm still considering using 250w hps. if i set up a wall-fan right next to the unit, even without a cool-tube, blowing constant air directly on the light, how would that do? would i be cooling it or just simply spreading the heat around? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

blowing air on an hps

I had 400 MH/HPS and put fan directly to the bulb, it saved a bit my trees from heat shock, anyway I couldn't close door of my box completely because it was too hot ~40 C with closed door. In general, I'd say, intake of new air is needed. But not sure about 250 HPS. Depends on what size is ur box and so on... I'm switching to CFL, because heat is the problem with HIDs. :rastasmoke:

blowing air on an hps

You can set it up and do a dry run for a few days checking the temps and humidity to see how hot it gets.This way you will know whats doing what at what time its doing it.You can make adjustments befor the race and win. Peace