Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1913 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

The heart

hey i used to smoke and started getting panic attacks at first thought it was a heart attack. so i went to the cardiologist and he took my Ekg and i did the 24 hour moniter. i keep thinking weed is just gonna give me a heart attack or something. but the doc said on the basic ekg that im ok sometimes i get a early beat. I am allowd to stay on my adderall and exersise and all thaat. i was wondering if anyone has input on the effects of weed and when can it be life threatening. thanks alot
    wildebeest Reviewed by wildebeest on . The heart hey i used to smoke and started getting panic attacks at first thought it was a heart attack. so i went to the cardiologist and he took my Ekg and i did the 24 hour moniter. i keep thinking weed is just gonna give me a heart attack or something. but the doc said on the basic ekg that im ok sometimes i get a early beat. I am allowd to stay on my adderall and exersise and all thaat. i was wondering if anyone has input on the effects of weed and when can it be life threatening. thanks alot Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The heart

Well unless marijuana death reports are kept secret I have never heard of anyone dying from weed and I'm pretty sure there are some smokers with heart aches. Maybe it could be something else but I'm pretty sure I have a strange heart ache. Hopefully I can live a good long life but right now I'm fine and I smoke quiet a lot when ever I get weed. Actually when I'm high my heart feels sorta better.

The heart

Quote Originally Posted by sharpestoner
    It's got to be bad for your heart! After i smoke, my heart starts racing. I don't necessarily feel it unless i'm smoking a sativa, but any unnecessary stress to your heart is going to be bad for you later in life.

I'm sure we're going to hear the people that think weed is a godsend say it's got no side effects blah blah..but wait until you're in ya old age and you've got issues This is more likely for the 'smoke all day' type stoner as opposed to the nightly smoker in my opinion.
    If that were the case then there wouldn't be elderly cannabis smokers such as hippies and some with medical issues. When they said Cannabis never had side-effects on anyone they were speaking about young and old.

The heart

wehn you get those panic atacks your heart feels faster than it really is

The heart

Weed does cause some heart-racing after people smoke it, but it's likely not so much the weed itself as the action of smoking that does that. For people with unhealthy hearts because of coronary artery disease or a propensity for arrhythmias, that can indeed be risky, but for people with healthy hearts, it's probably no more stress than running a couple of laps. You've got the extra added stressor of Adderall, which is a stimulant that can also speed up your heart rate and make you more prone to panic attacks.
    [SIZE=\"4\"]\"That best portion of a good man\'s life: his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.\"[/SIZE]
    [align=center]William Wordsworth, English poet (1770 - 1850)[/align]

The heart

Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl73
    Weed does cause some heart-racing after people smoke it, but it's likely not so much the weed itself as the action of smoking that does that. For people with unhealthy hearts because of coronary artery disease or a propensity for arrhythmias, that can indeed be risky, but for people with healthy hearts, it's probably no more stress than running a couple of laps. You've got the extra added stressor of Adderall, which is a stimulant that can also speed up your heart rate and make you more prone to panic attacks.
    each time i smoke i dont mix with adderralll. But sometimes when i smoke weed i get these weird scary feelings in my upper right chest area. Its freeking me out i really want to stop them ive been blaazing for 4 years amd only this year started getting them like if i can take adderall im sure i can handle weed, and everytime i burn i think negative thoughts and thats what heppens. please i realy want some help there nothing i love more then blazing and now im scared im gonna croak

The heart

I didn't say you were smoking anything mixed with Adderall. If you're on Adderall routinely for ADD or ADHD and take it once or twice a day, no matter how far apart you do that from your smoking times, your heart rate is likely already going to be a little faster just from that med alone.

No one can give you help here or reassurance on a Web forum, Wildebeest. I think you know that. If you want to make sure your heart is healthy, you need to see a cardiologist in person, who can do the tests to reassure you. And you need to tell him/her the truth about what you're smoking and the other prescribed meds you take.
    [SIZE=\"4\"]\"That best portion of a good man\'s life: his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.\"[/SIZE]
    [align=center]William Wordsworth, English poet (1770 - 1850)[/align]

The heart

The racing heart used to happen to me, especially when I first started. It doesn't happen now for some reason. It only freaked me out once, but I realized that it was mostly psychological. Yes, your heart rate does slightly raise, but it's not enough to cause your heart to fail... definitely not. Just don't think about it (I know, it's harder than I make it sound). Don't worry about it, unless you're mixing it with another medication. That, on the other hand, can possibly cause problems. I know some people can have trouble with smoking weed and taking Effexor.
    blaze the haze for daze
    Embrace the grace of the fine herb.

The heart

Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl73
    I didn't say you were smoking anything mixed with Adderall. If you're on Adderall routinely for ADD or ADHD and take it once or twice a day, no matter how far apart you do that from your smoking times, your heart rate is likely already going to be a little faster just from that med alone.

No one can give you help here or reassurance on a Web forum, Wildebeest. I think you know that. If you want to make sure your heart is healthy, you need to see a cardiologist in person, who can do the tests to reassure you. And you need to tell him/her the truth about what you're smoking and the other prescribed meds you take.
    k well im srry then i didnt know that i thought thats wut this was for. But i have been to cardiologist for reasurance. healthy heart i have they say. Im not going to tell him wut i smoke becuz im still living with parents and they r there wen i go
    thats y i ask for helpl becuz i love smoking weed and now i cant and as far as i know ur husband is a cardiologist or sumthing like that, thats y i ask cuz the only people that hav had anything like wut im experiencing are on this cannabis web site. Non of my friends no wut im tlaking about.

The heart

ya i no wut u mean, ive been smokin weed for about a full year now and just a few weeks ago my heart starts beating really fast when i smoke and i feel like everybody is lookin at me or somethin and i do have panic attacks, i just dont feel comfortable anymore i dont know why but id really like to get rid of that feeling fast!