Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1601 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Our Reputation System FAQ

Reputation System :

What is Reputation System?
    A system designed to rate the posts and actions of other members.

What does reputation do?
    Besides identifying someone as a good member or a bad member, not much.

What are the requirements to give someone reputation?
    Both of the following:

1. A minimum post count of 50.
    2. A minimum reputation of +10 points.

Can I be banned/penalized for having a bad reputation?
    No, having a negative reputation or recieving many negative reputation comments is not, by itself, grounds for a ban. However, it is difficult to get more negitive rep then positive, and the same poor behavior that leads to poor reputation can lead to a ban.

What are the requirements to recieve reputation?
    There are none. Anyone can recieve reputation.

How much rep does one start with?
    10 points upon registry.

How do I give someone reputation?
    On every post, there is a 'sheriffs star' icon at the bottom left of each post. This is the reputation button.
    Click it on the post you wish to leave reputation for, select either "Approve" (positive reputation) or "Disapprove" (negitive reputation) and, if you wish, leave a message. Then click "Add to reputation" to complete the process.

How can I see how many reputation points I have?
    There are four ways:

1. The number of green bars next to your posts (see below for details).
    2. The message you see displayed when you place your mouse over the light bars (see below for details).
    3. Clicking Settings (aka User CP) at the top of the forum page, then scrolling down to the Latest Reputation Received box, and looking at the top right corner. A number is given signifying how many points you've earned.
    4. Click your own "give reputation" icon.

What do the bars next to one's post mean?
    Each bar signifies that that you've reached a certain level of repuatation.

What do the messages shown when the rep bar is hovered over mean?
    This is another function of reputation levels. It does not directly contribute to how much power to affect other's reputations one has.

How do I see the reputations I've been left?
    In the userCP, under latest reputation recieved.

How can I figure out who gave me a reputation comment?
    Unless you're a mod, or a Super Moderator or an admin checks your profile for you, there is no way to be certain. The only other way to know is if they leave their name in the rep, or you can figure it out by the comment they left.

What do the colors in the reputation recieved window signify?
    Negative Rep: You lose points.

Null Rep: Member who repped you doesn't meet the requirements to give rep away. Your points stay the same.

Positive Rep: You gain points.

-For every 7 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. -For every 50 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power. -For every 75 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    You start with 2 points of reputation power.

Note that negitive reps only have HALF the power of a positive rep.

How often can I leave reputation comments?
    You can only give reputation to between 10 and 20 people in a 24 hour period, depending on how much time you wait between each. Giving many reputations out in a short period will quickly max you out for the day.

Why can't I rep the same person again?
    To prevent abuse of the rep system, the number of times you can rep the same person is limited based upon the number of reputation comments you've left in all and the number you've left that particular person. If you find you can't give someone reputation, you'll have to rep other people before you can rep that person again.

What's the difference between reputation points and reputation power?
    Reputation points is the amount of reputation you have in total; reputation power is the amount you change someone's rep points when repping them.

What is rep abuse?
    Rep abuse constitutes the following:
    1. Leaving negitive reputation for the same member for no good reason
    2. Leaving nothing but or almost nothing but negitive reputation comments for people in general
    3. Using flaming, cursing, and insults in reputation comments
    Skink Reviewed by Skink on . Our Reputation System FAQ Reputation System : What is Reputation System? A system designed to rate the posts and actions of other members. What does reputation do? Besides identifying someone as a good member or a bad member, not much. What are the requirements to give someone reputation? Both of the following: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Our Reputation System FAQ

i was wondering whats that all about. Whats the point of it and how do you get it higher. thanks