Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1308 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ghetto Grow

First off, this is a basic grow just to get me familiar with the process of growing. I just want to practice germinating seeds and planting them. I will transplant them outside in a couple of weeks and see if they grow. If it works great, or if they die or get stolen so be it.:jointsmile:

After that I will make a cabinet that will work for growing lowryders. I'm using bag seed for this practice run so I won't waste money.

I'm germinating the seeds using the paper towel method.

I wired up two 26 watt cfls with a y adapter and threaded it through the top of the cardboard box. I'll plant only the seeds that sprout, of course. :stoned: (I'm kinda high so bear with me.:rastasmoke: ) Anyway, the soil is some potting soil by miracle gro I had sitting in my utility closet. I figured I'd leave the box open for ventilation.

If anybody has any corcerns or input or think I may kill myself please let me know. Pictures are forth coming once I figure out how to do it:jointsmile: .

Peace.imp:
    pennywisdom26 Reviewed by pennywisdom26 on . Ghetto Grow First off, this is a basic grow just to get me familiar with the process of growing. I just want to practice germinating seeds and planting them. I will transplant them outside in a couple of weeks and see if they grow. If it works great, or if they die or get stolen so be it.:jointsmile: After that I will make a cabinet that will work for growing lowryders. I'm using bag seed for this practice run so I won't waste money. I'm germinating the seeds using the paper towel method. I Rating: 5
    This is not real. It is stupid fun and a figment of my imagination. Seriously.

2.   Advertisements

Ghetto Grow

Don't use the miracle grow.....! It has too many nutes already added for small seedlings. You'll burn them! Go to a dollar store or walmart and purchase some cheap potting soil with no nutes and some pearlite (at walmart, lowe's, or gardening sections of stores). Mix 3 parts soil to 1 part pearlite. This will cost you four dollars and save your seedlings.

Good Luck :jointsmile: Bree

Ghetto Grow

Thanks for the advice. I'm germinating in a paper towel with a cereal bowl on top to keep the light out. Still no sprouts, but it's only been 36 hours. Any suggestions on how to speed up the process. Gracias.

Ghetto Grow

One seed cracked open. How long before I should stick it in soil?

Ghetto Grow

Now! yay!

Bree

Ghetto Grow

Three seeds have cracked. :jointsmile: How long before I transplant them? I'm going to the store to get some soil tomorrow. I'm really tired and have business law work to do. Shit.

Ghetto Grow

I'm thinking about doing something like this in the very near future just to get some practice. Hopefully your practice run gets you some harvest :thumbsup:

Ghetto Grow

All six seeds have germinated. 100% success from bag seed. Nice. Anyway, I moved one seedling to a pot because it looked like it was going to sprout on my paper towel. I'm going to wal-mart tomorrow to complete my cabinet. I will start a new thread when that's finished. Anyway, I may plant the sedlings outside if I can't get it done in time. I live in a big city so I bet they'll die some way or another. However, I will get the experience i was looking for. I will have a significant update with pics in a couple of days. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Stay High:jointsmile: !

Ghetto Grow

:wtf: No love for the ghetto grow. Well, my car broke down (leaked brake fluid while on interstate, fun.) So, I'm stranded at the moment. looks like I'll have to put all the seeds into the mg soil because they germinated a few days ago.

how long can germinated seeds survive without being in their growing medium. Please let me know. Thanks!

Pennywisdom26:jointsmile:

Ghetto Grow

Just keep them in the dark, warm and moist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast