PDA

View Full Version : easy hydro

Nikon
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
whats the cheapest and easyst way to grow hydro do i need all these bubbelers n shit

hojiemia
12-12-2004, 06:05 AM
seed swap have all female strawberry cough mango skunk red

lordsoth666
12-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I am currently growing 6 Sk-1 plants in bubblers, and I think it cost me like $50 (US) and it is growing great! 2 weeks from sprouts and all about 4" high and BIG leaves (6" across tip to tip), now in that price I did not include the cost of nutes, since I'm not sure how much it will cost by the time I'm done.

http://www.overgrow.com/article/2

that is a good article to get you started, I took the same idea, but used rubbermaid totes (10 gal.)

good luck

Nikon
12-13-2004, 12:21 PM
sweet ill try that. what sort of pump do i need. i live in australia so i might not be abel to get some of the ones you guys are abel to. but anyway what sort

Nikon
12-13-2004, 12:23 PM
and with the pump dose it go in the water to creat air? if so how dose this work? do the roots grow then get submerged in the water? and drink/feed off it?

willybblue
12-13-2004, 04:30 PM
and with the pump dose it go in the water to creat air? if so how dose this work? do the roots grow then get submerged in the water? and drink/feed off it?

Hey Nikon!! You are exactly right...try to find a dual outlet air pump (has room for two air hoses coming out of the one pump)....doesn't matter what kind just make sure it is compatible with the amount of liters/gallons you have in your bucket or whatever you use. Then we buy these things called airstones at the local pet store (for fish tanks) and attach them to an airhose and they diffuse little bubbles into your resevoir. Then you let the roots grow down and they get all sorts of O2 and nutes too...I usually keep the levels about 1/2" below my net pot. I will post some pics up soon, but check out this post that Torog started...a bunch of us are starting hydro grows and chiming in...might be an opp to learn something from some of us...also, read as much as you can...I am still floored by how much info I find even now after searching these boards a LOT!!!

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions...

WILLY

Nikon
12-15-2004, 02:10 AM
whould a 4l bucket be good for the job? if so how big a pump do i need? and what sized clay balls should i use? what light cycels should i use throughout the grow? what are some good nutes that i can get from hydroponics that wont make me broke!?

if i wanted to do a hydro grow outdoors how would that work? like all the steps!

and yer everything i know about growing weed has come from all these sites!

Nikon
12-18-2004, 02:16 AM
how do i set up the pump dose one hose go in the water in the bucket and the other over the plant? if so what happens to all the water that runs through the pot, back into the bucket then over the plant again?

if you could tell me everything i need to know about hooking up the pump that would be sweet because i plan to start growing in a few days!

thanks heap for the rest of the info

lordsoth666
12-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Dang! I didn't know I was such a fine artist... check this out I think that you will understand how it works, BOTH air lines from the pump go into the water. As for outdoor hydro, not a good idea, at least that's what I think.

willybblue
12-18-2004, 04:53 PM
That drawing rocks!!! Nice goin'!

Shadow Smoke
12-18-2004, 07:04 PM
very nice!!! that clears up alot for me : ) :eek:

Nikon
12-19-2004, 03:27 AM
that fucking sweet helped me out.

thanks for giveing me all this help i knew nothing about hydro a week ago

lordsoth666
12-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Well I'm glad you like my "artwork" and am glad to help. :)