PDA

View Full Version : GTA info here !!!

Pages : [1] 2

ZeldaG.
03-04-2007, 12:56 PM
not much actually but the official site has been updated the first time since the announcment and its like amazing the IV (4) is really evil-sinister looking :D sort of aiming at a mafia theme i believe but i am only guessing like with only a black IV to support my guesses so dont listen to me see for your self:

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/)

okay i guess not many of you got interested in the black IV okay but the real kicker of the update is a countdown to the release of the trailer :D :D (preview movie i believe :P)

ZOMFG!!

Nocturnal Stoner
03-04-2007, 02:22 PM
can't wait for it, I bet there's some sad person out the actually counting down with his face in his monitor. Any idea what console it's gonna be on?

hasanyoneseenmypipe1
03-04-2007, 02:44 PM
I am looking forward to this, but I have heard that it wont be coming to pc, I sincerely hope this isnt true as I loved the gta games and I will not buy a PS3 because of the insane price it is, £425 in Northern Ireland, WTF. I suppose I could be talked into buying a 360 pretty good machine them.

ZeldaG.
03-04-2007, 03:01 PM
it will be released on both ps3 and xbox 360 and sooner or later i reckon it will come to pc but expect another years wait :S but still i would say get a ps3, xbox 360 may be around half the price but it will last for only half the time playstration 3 has the technology to stretch it for the up to the next 10 years xbox will have to upgrade very soon or it will be loosing out on exclusives, for example metal gear solid 4 and devil may cry are going to be too high spec for the 360 to play them and dvd is getting eaten by blue ray disks (like dvd ate vhs :P) and ps3 plays blue ray disks xbox doesnt and neevr will. with the ps3 you can surf the net like a pc you can even install a linux thingy onto it. you can uploaddownload stuff onto you mp3 player, camera, psp, oh the psp :D you can connect it to ps3 wirelessly and use it nearly as a controller later games might even be able to use it as a second screen ( for example: formula 1 game used it as a rear view mirror :P)

In other words it is really worth it as wel as all that the controllers are wireless (bluetooth) and tilt sensors inserted let you control (eg) planes by moving hte ocntroller not pressing the buttons (not neceseraly planes but i think its easuier to know hwat i mean with planes)

oh yeah and speaking about bluetooth- any bluetooth wireless headset (that you use with phones) will be bale to connect ot ps3 to use as a chat thingy in online play.

i think one of the shooting games out now called ressistence fall of man has upto 40 player online games :O with sweet ass graphics :D and it conencts wirlelessly to the network in your house (obviously wireless thigny required)

trust me this is the machine of the future :D (oh yeah 60gb hard drive etc. et.c)

and in uk it will only cost £425 it should be around $600 in us and somewhere around 600 euros in europe i think (soemthing liek 550 or soemthing :P cant member)

goign back to blue ray:

Blue ray players are currently at around £1000 for a decent one and the chepest is £650 so thats like 224 more than a ps3 :S the cheapest laptop with br drive is around 4k (£) (3500 is closer i think)

and as i said its 425 for the next ten years (ish) okay it might be go down to 8 or 7 if sony feel like treating us :D but still its a worthy investment i believe.

:D

orangeman
03-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Wow...The next GTA. I don't know why I keep letting them sucker me like this. I excite my self out of control and when it finally comes out I enjoy it. I end up getting stuck on a mission that seems impossible and get pissed and end up staying all night on the first day getting it trying to beat that damn mission. Then I end up beating the game and enjoy free roaming for a few months and then the game gets old and I never play it again. That is exactly what happens with every GTA with me lol. But GTA is my favorite game series and I've been lovin' it every since I was able to kill all those Elvis guys on GTA 2 lol.

GosTo
03-04-2007, 03:17 PM
it will be released on both ps3 and xbox 360 and sooner or later i reckon it will come to pc but expect another years wait :S but still i would say get a ps3, xbox 360 may be around half the price but it will last for only half the time playstration 3 has the technology to stretch it for the up to the next 10 years xbox will have to upgrade very soon or it will be loosing out on exclusives, for example metal gear solid 4 and devil may cry are going to be too high spec for the 360 to play them and dvd is getting eaten by blue ray disks (like dvd ate vhs :P) and ps3 plays blue ray disks xbox doesnt and neevr will. with the ps3 you can surf the net like a pc you can even install a linux thingy onto it. you can uploaddownload stuff onto you mp3 player, camera, psp, oh the psp :D you can connect it to ps3 wirelessly and use it nearly as a controller later games might even be able to use it as a second screen ( for example: formula 1 game used it as a rear view mirror :P)

In other words it is really worth it as wel as all that the controllers are wireless (bluetooth) and tilt sensors inserted let you control (eg) planes by moving hte ocntroller not pressing the buttons (not neceseraly planes but i think its easuier to know hwat i mean with planes)

oh yeah and speaking about bluetooth- any bluetooth wireless headset (that you use with phones) will be bale to connect ot ps3 to use as a chat thingy in online play.

i think one of the shooting games out now called ressistence fall of man has upto 40 player online games :O with sweet ass graphics :D and it conencts wirlelessly to the network in your house (obviously wireless thigny required)

trust me this is the machine of the future :D (oh yeah 60gb hard drive etc. et.c)

and in uk it will only cost £425 it should be around $600 in us and somewhere around 600 euros in europe i think (soemthing liek 550 or soemthing :P cant member)

goign back to blue ray:

Blue ray players are currently at around £1000 for a decent one and the chepest is £650 so thats like 224 more than a ps3 :S the cheapest laptop with br drive is around 4k (£) (3500 is closer i think)

and as i said its 425 for the next ten years (ish) okay it might be go down to 8 or 7 if sony feel like treating us :D but still its a worthy investment i believe.

:D

Do you think Halo 3 is why (i want to say many) some people stuck with 360?

ZeldaG.
03-29-2007, 03:25 PM
just thout i would let you lot know .
the trailer for GTA IV is released tonight

LIP
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I like the GTA series, but i end up getting so pissed off with some of the missions i loose my temper. Then i have to turn off and go back to it... im an impatient sod.

But never the less, once the PS3 is down in price [motherfuckers want 400 odd quid for it!] i'll get it.

I didnt get the PS2 for about 3 years, and even then it was still 160 quid.

MisterGreen
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
man GTA games are my all time favorites. i really hope they put this on ps2 because i don't plan on getting xbox 360 unless i win the lottery or an extraordinary amount of money comes my way. lol. i can't wait to see the trailor.

orangeman
03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Trailer comes out tomorrow :).

Up In Smoke 420
03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
trailer is out in 10 minutes. GTA is fun stuff. Play the missions beat the game. Then roam around in fast cars blowing stuff up for a month. Repeat.

LIP
03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
31 mins at mine.

BlazinTreesX3
03-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Hope this trailers on tv soon im dying to see whats in my future..

Ill sell a kidney for my ps3 if i cant raise the funds on time..

Any of the older members planning ahead for the future...you know your kidneys gonna crap out on you sooner or later...

LIP
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Hope this trailers on tv soon im dying to see whats in my future..

Ill sell a kidney for my ps3 if i cant raise the funds on time..

Any of the older members planning ahead for the future...you know your kidneys gonna crap out on you sooner or later...

Give it another year and you'll have custom :thumbsup:

LIP
03-29-2007, 09:56 PM
What the hell. The site's just gone down for me. Damnit. Ahh fuck it sideways.

LIP
03-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Oh my flying fuck. That looks seriously good. A completely new generation of gaming, like the new "Getaway" - London based GTA style game, but more realistic, although not as fun as GTA, and without the humour.

slipknotpsycho
03-30-2007, 02:35 AM
i'm having trouble gettnig it to work

meh... i want more then that.... that's like.. nothing!

Sweeney
03-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Good to know my roommate preordered it for 360 already.

orangeman
03-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I think I pissed my self. Some one is trying to set me up lol. I just have to have the PS3 and GTA IV. I need that damn game and console. I might end up doing something I don't want to do to get it :(....the trailer is amazing..This games plot seems soooo much darker and more complex than the last games. I can't wait man..

halo
03-30-2007, 03:22 AM
I cannot fucking wait!! That trailer was awesome!!!!!!!! Who would of thought a Russian character? And liberty city!!!! Yes! It looks like a new liberty city thats much bigger than Gta3/LCS

timothylearyisdead
03-30-2007, 04:59 AM
I don't think it takes place in liberty city, but I could be wrong though.
From what the dude says in the trailer, I think this game have something to do with smuggling people? Maybe you can travel to different countries and kidnap people and crazy stuff that people would never have thought of to be in the game. The trailer seemed like it might be going into something like that. We'll probably have to wait a little while to see what it's all about and what the feature of it are gonna be.

bluntblaze
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
damn i wasn't gonna get a ps3 but looks like im gonna now, especialy after watching the trailer.

i better start saving the pennies.

bluntblaze
03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
yyyeeeeeesssss im soo fucking happy ..... my mum just said she'd buy me a ps3 for my 16th bday.

btw is gta IV released in britain this year or just america??

LIP
03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, concidering it IS the PS3, and it looks like a great game, i reckon the map will be massive. I dunno if it's in LC though, it looked like he was going out from there, not sure though coz it was last night when i watched it and i was completely off my rocker.

bluntblaze
03-30-2007, 10:21 AM
yeh it is set in LC

Metaphor
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
yeh it is set in LC

dude, that fukin looks like NYC to me, or atleast rockstars version of nyc.

bluntblaze
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV (http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/gta4/) some info (not a lot)

reprisler
03-30-2007, 01:04 PM
i think it's going to be a different version of Liberty City with some of the same streets scattered throughout, but mainly focused on re-creating NYC. there are many NYC landmarks in the video.

i can't wait...GTA is the shit. i'll probably go pay for it in full within the next few days to guarantee my copy.

Metaphor
03-30-2007, 01:37 PM
they call it Liberty City, but wtf.
42nd street, times square
Chrystler Building
Brooklyn Bridge
THE STATUE OF FUCKING LIBERTY
please. thats definatly NYC (my home)
(those all can be seen in the trailer)

thecreator
03-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Yea that was a sick trailer. I love it man and I think he might be Arminian? Not sure but good looking out, posting the info and everything.

MisterGreen
03-30-2007, 05:15 PM
he looks sort of like those ukrainians in the movie the italian job. he's definetly eastern european though. as for the setting, it looks more like a real NYC than liberty city. man i'm gonna have to get xbox 360 so i can play this.

budsmoker only
03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
damn i was just gonna post this... shit looks tight... cant wait for it

timothylearyisdead
03-31-2007, 12:41 AM
In one of the screenshots there's a cinstruction site that looks exactly like WTC

slipknotpsycho
03-31-2007, 01:14 AM
GTA IV Trailer One Breakdown (03/29/2007) - Planet GTA (http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=90)

i definately think the design is based off NYC... the RON it mentions i can't help but wonder if that's supposed to be enRON? is/was there an enron building in new york? i think i remember hearing there was.

slipknotpsycho
03-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Above that, there is a billboard for America's Next Top Hooker and it says that it is "Coming Soon" to CNT. An ad for "Max Renda"

lmfao...

ZeldaG.
03-31-2007, 02:05 PM
it wil be for ps3 and xbox360 mayb later for pc.
released in uk and us in oct.
liberty city is rock* s new york, they never use real names for stuff.

timothylearyisdead
04-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure this game will not be limited only to Liberty City. On one of the billboards in the trailer screenshots, it says "Fly to Vice City - $300". I predict you'll be able to go to a whole new country as well...

I mean it would be a shame if they just limited it to Liberty City. Although it's obviusly a re-vamped version of it, It would be like the 6th GTA game that has Liberty city in it.

slipknotpsycho
04-01-2007, 12:28 AM
well in SA you do fly to some other city/country... been awhile but i'm positive that parts in there.... so it's not unheard of..

however, you don't actualy do anything in the city, it's for one mission...

pass the chicken
04-01-2007, 11:13 AM
well in SA you do fly to some other city/country... been awhile but i'm positive that parts in there.... so it's not unheard of..

however, you don't actualy do anything in the city, it's for one mission...

if you go do the mission and spawn a jetpack and fly over the wall with out killing the guy you need to kill you can explore liberty city in san andeas oddly enough i fell through the road i was walking on

station
04-02-2007, 03:41 AM
i know rockstar is hiding something else. there not telling us everything
Caan u say online...OH YES I CAN SMELL IT

this game will own!!!

timothylearyisdead
04-02-2007, 07:57 PM
I hope they put skateboards in this one too. How cool would the other GTAs have been if you could skate in them?

Also now apparently NYC official are super pissed that the game takes place in NYC. Hopefully it doesn't affect the games release. If so, that would piss of millions of people.

station
04-02-2007, 08:00 PM
oh no not another possible problem with the release date,. thats all we need

if this happens whos down to start a riot and burn NYC down? no jus me...:D

slipknotpsycho
04-02-2007, 10:40 PM
i don't see how a city can say anything about it... even if it's a mirror image of the city (which it is) it's not like they can sue for copy right infringment... especially since the city isn't called "New York City".

why are people these days so fucking uptight? it's a game! it's not real! i can just see some prick sitting behind a desk saying that this game is goign to leave the impression this shit really happens in new york or something.... this won't be the first time shit like this has been stirred up, and it won't be the last.

if you can't tell, all the stupid fuckers who are trying to take voilence off tv and video games and all that crap, really piss me off.

pass_the_dubbie
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
This title may just tempt me into getting an xbox 360 just like gta 3 made me get the ps2....Cant wait for a new gta...spent so mny good random hours floating around san andreas...great game, hope gta4 delivers. Im sure it will...gta would pretty much rock in any case.

420marijuana420
04-03-2007, 04:57 AM
I wish they would just stick to one main character. I hope that russian guy isn't the main character.

slipknotpsycho
04-03-2007, 05:09 AM
i like the diffrent characters.... it'd get kinda stupid if it was teh same person over and over... the games themselves happen at diffrent times, in diffrent parts of the world.

i like the completely diffrent storylines and shit lol....

besides, for tommy vercetti to of been in SA he'd have to be like 40-60 years old lol... vice city was in the 80's after he spent years in prison for the mob...

LIP
04-03-2007, 10:45 AM
i like the diffrent characters.... it'd get kinda stupid if it was teh same person over and over... the games themselves happen at diffrent times, in diffrent parts of the world.

besides, for tommy vercetti to of been in SA he'd have to be like 40-60 years old lol... vice city was in the 80's after he spent years in prison for the mob...

Is it just me or should GTA 3 have been released AFTER VC?

Coz VC was set before GTA 3, not to mention the slight fuck ups - like phil blowing his arm off in VC, but it was alraedy blown off in GTA 3.

Meh, i dont know what im talking about.

But either way, the new GTA does look undeniably good.

pass_the_dubbie
04-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Coz VC was set before GTA 3, not to mention the slight fuck ups - like phil blowing his arm off in VC, but it was alraedy blown off in GTA 3.

Meh, i dont know what im talking about.

But either way, the new GTA does look undeniably good.

It was never proven that it was the same Phill...we had a massive discussion on a gta forum about this ages ago I was pretty high and cant remember much about it though.

LIP
04-03-2007, 03:04 PM
It was never proven that it was the same Phill...we had a massive discussion on a gta forum about this ages ago I was pretty high and cant remember much about it though.

I'm convinced it is. They've made so many referances in both games to it being the same phil, he even looks similar.

slipknotpsycho
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
well, companies do make prequels from time to time....

ZeldaG.
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
that this game is goign to leave the impression this shit really happens in new york

yeah actually it was about some dude saying how can they make a game that is about crime and set it in the least crime happening city in america :S lol fucking jackass.

see they dont realise that gta 3 was actually based on new york too but include a couple of landmarks and they have an excuse to bitch...

see gta 3 was set in like 90s crossing over into 2000s and vice city was set in the 80s (San Andreas was set in 90s by the way ;) ) so phil gets his arm blown off in the 80s (vice city) and than helps you out (armless) in the 2000ish (gta3)

verdict: NO CONSPIRACY!

lol oh yeah its the same phil

slipknotpsycho
04-03-2007, 11:49 PM
i still remember that fucking mission lol... driving that huge ass hummer while drunk off moonshine was no easy task...

420marijuana420
04-04-2007, 04:15 AM

thats a good point about tommy's age. anyways, this game looks tight as hell I hope everyone is right about being able to visit all the cities LC is also by far my favorite city which is why i liked LC stories so much

edit: I was unsure if they would even be able to make another one after all that money they lost on hot coffee

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
hot coffee??

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
i hope the fist fighting will be better as its always been pretty pathetic, it would be cool it if was similer fighting to cce(bully) at least the punches connected properly in that.

its a pitty the rockstar website hasn't really got any info about the game, apart from the release date.

It should be an amazing game considering they've got around 150 game developers working on it.

FreshRollyG
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, never knew much people here are into GTA :wtf:

I use to run 'www.gtasamasters.com' and I went by the name FreshRollyG, gathering information prior to San Andreas' release.

I use to recieve packages from Rockstar Games HQ in New York and was in their webring, use to also email sam houser a few times - brief might I add.

Anyways, yea... I believe that indeed IS Liberty City, and HE IS a main character of a sort... Before the release of this teaser trailer, it was confirmed that the game will support LIVE and online mission packs etc. and extras.

So possibly you can download NEW episodes (storylines will different characters) and extra maps to travel to to enhance your free roaming world?

Who knows, but all I know is I need a PS3 or Xbox360 :(

(Btw, i'm high off my tits, I don't know if this all made sense lol)

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow, never knew much people here are into GTA :wtf:hahaha yeh i always think i've grown out of the whole computer game thing but whenever a new gta is released i always think to myself ..... shit i need to get that as soon as its released.

apart from lc stories and vc stories (doesn't really count as a new gta, there more like side games to keeps us waiting).

And freshrolly if you hear any news about it let us know:thumbsup: .

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 12:01 PM
here's a gta iv site i just found Grand Theft Auto IV - News: Official Facts, Rumors, Ideas (http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php)

:hippy:

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
just looking through the release dates of all the gta games and they've all been released in october(apart from gta london)just thought id share.

also another reason why this game should be incredible is because its gta's 10 year anniversary since the release of the first ever gta

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 01:40 PM
yeh it could've been a bit better but it was good enough for me

LIP
04-04-2007, 01:40 PM
yeah actually it was about some dude saying how can they make a game that is about crime and set it in the least crime happening city in america :S lol fucking jackass.

see they dont realise that gta 3 was actually based on new york too but include a couple of landmarks and they have an excuse to bitch...

see gta 3 was set in like 90s crossing over into 2000s and vice city was set in the 80s (San Andreas was set in 90s by the way ;) ) so phil gets his arm blown off in the 80s (vice city) and than helps you out (armless) in the 2000ish (gta3)

verdict: NO CONSPIRACY!

lol oh yeah its the same phil

Lol, i know when they're all set, just if it was me i would have released VC first, it could have been a prequel but i think it would have been better if it was in order, and also the graphics and the buildings/cars on GTA3 were better than VC.

I just think i would have realised VC first, and then GTA3. But as slipknot said, probably a sequel.

- there cant be more than one gun crazy phil with only one arm lol!

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 02:10 PM
vc and sa were both part of the gta 3 trilogy<? thats why its called gta 4 instead of gta 6.
now that i think about it, its accually gta 9

LIP
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Fuck, im just confused now.

it goes:

GTA1
GTA2
GTA3
GTA VC
GTA SA
GTA LCS
GTA VCS
GTA 4

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
lol no its goes..
gta: I
gta: london
gta: II
gta: III
gta: Vice city
gta: San andreas
gta: LC stories
gta: VC stories
gta: IV

the only differance is london is in between 1 and 2

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
i wonder if there'll ever be a SA stories?

LIP
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, i saw that GTA London but never got it, i always thought it'd be absolute shit - coz the otheres were American i thought it was a random. one.

I think they might do an SA stories concidering they've done it for LC and VC

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 03:27 PM
pedestrians are more realistic this time and btw these screenshots are taken from the trailer
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1556/gta4smokingzi7.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6729/gta4eatingtk9.jpg

LIP
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow they do look good. And the police car looks almost real, not like the others from VC.

Peds def look good. I wonder if they'll have animals - and children. -

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow they do look good. And the police car looks almost real, not like the others from VC.

Peds def look good. I wonder if they'll have animals - and children. -i havent heard/seen any kids or animals but i think its about time they brought that type of realism into it but thinking about it i can see why they wouldn't put kids and animals in, so many people would be pissed about the fact you could blow some little kids head off.

hmmm i hope you can accually go to vice city or it could just be one of that signs. and also i wonder they'll have prostitutes in this one, i dont think they have them in san andreas ..... im not sure

slipknotpsycho
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
i havent heard/seen any kids or animals but i think its about time they brought that type of realism into it but thinking about it i can see why they wouldn't put kids and animals in, so many people would be pissed about the fact you could blow some little kids head off.

hmmm i hope you can accually go to vice city or it could just be one of that signs. and also i wonder they'll have prostitutes in this one, i dont think they have them in san andreas ..... im not sure

yeah they do. infact, instead of just pulling up beside one and honking and her getting in the car, you gotta pull upside 'em, honk and they'll ask something like "you looking for a good time?" and you have to say yes or no for them to get in the car or not... i think up is yes and down is no?

LIP
04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah they do. infact, instead of just pulling up beside one and honking and her getting in the car, you gotta pull upside 'em, honk and they'll ask something like "you looking for a good time?" and you have to say yes or no for them to get in the car or not... i think up is yes and down is no?

Something like that. I know there is though coz i've shagged many of them - then sliced their throats and got me money back.

Yeah, people would be jumping around shouting if a game came out where you could kill children - they already say they're too violent and too realistic - but if someones stupid enough to think the game is real they shouldnt be allowed in sociaty.

slipknotpsycho
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
personally, i hope i can kill kids in the new one.... o.0, first of all, it's not like if i kill a video game kid i'm a go out and shove a molotov cocktail down some kids throat or cut him to peices with a chainsaw.... second, i just wanna be able to do it to piss off all the anti-violence radicals.

bluntblaze
04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
yeah they do. infact, instead of just pulling up beside one and honking and her getting in the car, you gotta pull upside 'em, honk and they'll ask something like "you looking for a good time?" and you have to say yes or no for them to get in the car or not... i think up is yes and down is no?ah yeah i remember now lol good times ... good times

Something like that. I know there is though coz i've shagged many of them - then sliced their throats and got me money back.haha i used to do that aswell drive out to a secluded spot, fuck her, then put a bullet in her head.

ZeldaG.
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
lol yeah i am for kids being in it but dan has said that kids (and maybe animals i cant remember) will never apear in a gta game...

oh yeah i think u pres left or right for hooker in sa and can someone explain hot cofee, or u can google it.

420marijuana420
04-05-2007, 12:44 AM
hot coffee??

Back when GTA san andreas was being designed the game designers put a mini sex game into the game that couldn't be accesed at all by the gamers unless you were able to unlock it. So, think of it as having airplanes in the game, but no spawn point. You would have to put in a code to get the plane, but the game was coded so you could still fly it if you wanted to. That's what hot coffee was. When you had the patch installed in the computer game on one of the dates with denise (I think that was her name?) she would ask you if you wanted to come in her house for hot cofee. You could go in and play this sex game. So, the programmers put this in the game as a kind of inside joke, it passed under the noses of ESRB (they didn't know it was there so they didn't consider it in the rating), some time went on and everything seemed to be ok. But then in Summer or '05 some one discovered it in the game and programmed a patch that you could download to unlock this. WELL this caused huge problems. Thompson and Clinton started getting on GTA's ass (and still are), ESRB was pissed, the game was changed to an AO rating until rockstar cleaned up the game, all the major chains stopped selling the game, Rockstar took all the versions even the ps2 and xbox off the shelf, remade them and came out with gta san andreas v2.0 without hot cofee. Rockstar lost some money on it too, considering that had to reprogram and reship.

I still have memory of gta san andreas v1.0 on my ps2 but i lost my disc so went out and got another one but by this time they were selling v2.0 and I couldn't use the memory from one so I had to start all over.

Also in liberty city stories in one of the missions I don't remember too well a girl gets out of your car and asks if you want to come in for "cofee" and you say "not this time", that's what they're referring to.

slipknotpsycho
04-05-2007, 12:46 AM
hot coffee, you have to have the pc version. and you have to download a patch or file for it to work... meaning, it's not something really hidden in the game....

i remember all the shit it stirred up... (like sex wasn't in video games already? shit, you can fuck two hoes on your ship in the begining of the game of God of War... you actually get rewarded for doing so..) walmart and a bunch of other stores started pulling it off the shelves... cuz they all thought it was part of the game itsself, then it came out what you gotta do to get it to work.. and they stopped pulling them off shelves.

^^^ that ain't what i read.. but ok... i'm not in any position to say whether one of is right or wrong, as i only got my info from other sites...

btw lmao, i still have version 1 (if there is 2 diffrent ones), cuz i bought my game the day it was released.. (i love GTA... ever since 3... i didn't much like 1 or 2, that over head thing was annoying as fuck)

420marijuana420
04-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Although the "Hot Coffee" minigame was completely disabled and its existence was only highlighted after the mod's release for the PC version in June 9, 2005,[1] the assets for the minigame were also discovered in both the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of the game, and people found ways to enable the minigame via console video game hacking tools. By the middle of July 2005, the minigame's discovery attracted considerable controversy from lawmakers and politicians, prompting the game to be re-rated as an adult game, and pulled from some shelves. An updated version of San Andreas has since been released with the minigame removed completely, allowing the game to regain its original rating. A patch for the original version of the game, which removes the minigame, has also been released.

taken from here: Hot Coffee minigame controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Coffee_mod)

and you did have to download the patch, you're right. But rockstar never meant for that patch to be released and it wasn't designed by them.

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
lmao i remember seeing clips of that on some website and wonderd what it was all about.... now i realise what that was.

what about this when cj smokes weed YouTube - GTA San Andreas XBOX CJ gets high (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bajGpUv9wU) or was this just made up.

LIP
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
So this hot coffee thing caused alot of problems?

It's the same with GTA Vice City - the cuban and hiatian gangs on that were causing real life hatred or something along those lines, so they called the game back and changed the gangs on it - i have the original. Might be worth a bit one day - then again, alot of people will have the original so maybe not.

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
yeh ive got the original aswell my mum went and got it for me when i was at school. the same as san andreas.

do you think gta iv will be released at midnight like SA?

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
ive got a question which has nothing to do with this thread but hey...
i wouldve thought shake would be as good if not better as normal bud, as far as i know shake is the stuff at the bottom if the dealers bag all the bits that've fallen of and stuff? so wouldn't shake be full of crystals?

ZeldaG.
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
i still have version 1, cuz i bought my game the day it was released.. (i love GTA... ever since 3... i didn't much like 1 or 2

yup got my SA at midnight of release day too but i been following gta since 1 it was the main reason for me buying the playstation (and not n64 for zeldaoo)

i didnt really like 2 but 1 i still play sometimes its pretty cool and has a sort of different feel to it...

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 11:14 AM
lol gta 3 was the reason i got a ps2

LIP
04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
In answer to your question, yes, shake will normally be as good as the buds, if not better. But, it's normally made up of the smaller bud leaves and the little bit of bud that break off - but as you said, alot of trichomes also fall off. I'd be more than happy to smoke shake, as long as it wasnt all leaf.

And i didnt like the overhead thing in GTA 1 or 2 either slipknot, but GTA 2 is what first got me into the GTA series with the Ps1.

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
peds can fight? look at the woman at the right of the pic.... fists up legs spread?? News, Downloads, Screenshots, Previews, Reviews, Guides (http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fms/Image.php?image=http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/images/articles/gta4screens/fighting.jpg)

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
its even got a cable car in the background News, Downloads, Screenshots, Previews, Reviews, Guides (http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fms/Image.php?image=pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/images/articles/gta4screens/shot19.jpg)

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
it DOES have kids in it ,looks at the highlighted bit, it looks like a kid and a man sitting on a bench News, Downloads, Screenshots, Previews, Reviews, Guides (http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fms/Image.php?image=http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/images/articles/gta4screens/kidshot.jpg)

ZeldaG.
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
damn so hope for that kids thing to be true :D :D :D

i see his little head but i cant be sure ... ARGHH!!! DO WE GET TO KILL KIDS OR NOT!??!?! I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT!!! :D

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 12:44 PM
if you look under then bench you can kinda see what looks like a kiddies foot dangling above the ground.

LIP
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh damn, YAY! This adds a whole new type of realism to teh game. Oo, look at me, im using big words lol!

This looks like a seriously good game.

bluntblaze
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
cant wait for this to be released May Magazine Cover Revealed (http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0330.1112.19632.htm)

CheebaMan
04-05-2007, 01:46 PM
that game looks awesome cant wait to go on a civilian rampage

station
04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
This looks like a seriously good game.

When has a GTA game ever not been good? haha i cant wait for this game. honestly every time i wait for a GTA to be released its like christmas. no wait ITS BETTERRRR
and now theres a possibility that i can go on a rampage after school buses? NICEEEEE VERY NICEE!!! :thumbsup:

but i still think Rockstar is hiding something BIG.

slipknotpsycho
04-05-2007, 09:02 PM
When has a GTA game ever not been good? haha i cant wait for this game. honestly every time i wait for a GTA to be released its like christmas. no wait ITS BETTERRRR
and now theres a possibility that i can go on a rampage after school buses? NICEEEEE VERY NICEE!!! :thumbsup:

but i still think Rockstar is hiding something BIG.

of course they are, they always are.

man i can't fucking wait... when i get the game, yal ain't gonna see me for about a week straight... everytime i get a new GTA game i play it hours upon hours straight.... it even ends up cutting into my sleep... i have to wait til i'm tired as hell and can't possibly stay up any longer lol... or i'll go lay down, and just keep playing in my mind and eventually after not being able to sleep, i'll get back up and play again..

bluntblaze
04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
of course they are, they always are.

man i can't fucking wait... when i get the game, yal ain't gonna see me for about a week straight... everytime i get a new GTA game i play it hours upon hours straight.... it even ends up cutting into my sleep... i have to wait til i'm tired as hell and can't possibly stay up any longer lol... or i'll go lay down, and just keep playing in my mind and eventually after not being able to sleep, i'll get back up and play again..lmao im the exact same

bluntblaze
04-07-2007, 01:44 PM
you can now pre-order GTA IV from amazon.

for america Amazon.com: grand theft auto iv (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-4128595-8897566?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=grand+theft+auto+iv)

for uk Amazon.co.uk: gta iv (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/202-4514039-1545443?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gta+iv)

And remember..... if you pre-order it you probably won't get it untill a few days after its released.

bluntblaze
04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
!! must read !!

Full Summary of the Preview

:The protagonist's name is Niko Bellic - an Eastern European immigrant who has come to Liberty City to live the "American Dream." The game is set in Liberty City in 2007, but it is bigger than the Liberty City we saw in GTA III.

:The GTA 4 equivalent of the Statue of Liberty is called the Statue of Happiness, and DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is known as BOABO (Beneath the Offramp of the Algonquin Bridge Overpass).
In Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar have recreated 4 of the 5 boroughs in New York, as well as part of New Jersey. Broker is the GTA IV equivalent of Brooklyn, Manhattan is now called Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, the Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey is Alderney. The map is smaller than San Andreas, but considerably more detailed. No countryside or desert, we are led to believe.

:Pedestrians are far more realistic in GTAIV than in previous GTA games - they sit on benches, smoke cigarettes, read books and generally act like any real pedestrian would in the middle of a street.

:The screenshots in the preview are not representative of the final quality of the graphics, Rockstar insist. The game will only look better as the release draws closer..

:Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who claimed to be living a wonderful life there with two beautiful women, fifteen sports cars, and lots of money etc, but he was infact telling a lie in order to hide his own failures. Roman is the only person you know in Liberty City at the beginning of the game, and he becomes one of your major connections at the start. Niko is a tough character whereas Roman is friendly. Roman is heavily in debt and a lot of people are after him - he needs Niko's support. They are constantly bickering.

:The demo (which was played on Xbox 360) begins with Bellic standing inside of the taxi depot, which Roman operates in the borough of Broker in a converted industrial garage. Roman works at a cluttered desk in a shabby environment, and at this point the graphical improvements are extremely evident. Bellic walks to a brownstone house in Broker, where he pushes open the door and pulls out a pistol. The living room however, is not occupied. He then moves onto the kitchen, which he also finds to be empty. He pushes his way through the back door and smashes the window of a red four-door car using his elbow. The broken glass falls onto the street and onto the seat of the car, as Bellic unlocks it from the inside. He hotwires the car and sets off to his next destination. The camera angle behind the car is closer to the vehicle than in previous GTA titles, which enables more detail on the car to be seen. After selecting a radio station, Bellic navigates to a section of the BOABO arriving at a dockside with a terrific view of the city skyline. Pigeons can be heard in the sky, and waves can be heard rustling in the water. Bellic then pulls out his cellphone which has options for Phonebook, Messages, Organizer and Camera on it's LCD screen. He selects Phonebook, and he is then presented with another set of options: City Contact, Docks Friend, and Cab Contact. After a brief conversation he informs the reciever to meet him at the docks.

:As Bellic walks, you can feel the weight behind each step he makes. Variations in the terrain cause realistic changes in the walking animation. The physics have also improved and character movements are more realistic.

:In previous GTA games you were like a slave because you had to constantly take orders from people when doing missions. There is still an element of that in Grand Theft Auto 4, but you can also choose how you want to spend your time, for example "I want to hang out with him and her. I want to hang out with this guy because he always has fun things to do." Call him up and maybe you can hang with him. Maybe he'll answer. You have a lot of choice over what you want to do.

:In GTA 4, Rockstar is giving its players more freedom, more choice, and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of GTA4's storyline is quite different to it's predecessors as it can be told in a number of different ways. You can talk to people in person, by cell phones, and there are a bunch of other ways of giving the player information. In general it's a different experience, with new ways of interacting with the characters and the game world.

:Rockstar consulted crime experts and ex-policemen when making the game, and they learned that being a criminal is a lot harder these days than it was during the 80s and 90s (for example) and they have tried to reflect this in the game. This means you can expect to see a lot of people getting arrested - the police are a heavy presence in Liberty City.

:There are no planes in GTA IV because there is only one city, and Rockstar want the game to seem realistic. That means there will be no rollerblades, no unicycles, probably no jetpacks and indeed no planes. Rockstar are giving choice and variety which feels right for the character. However there will be motorbikes.

:Rockstar North is approaching the recruitment of voice actors in a different way. This means that we will probably hear less familiar voices in GTA 4, as R* are looking for voices which suit the attitude of the characters, and are not just looking for big names. A similar approach is being done with the soundtrack - Rockstar are looking for great music which works with the 2007 Liberty City.

:After an initial load sequence, the game will never load again. Not even during exterior-interior transitions (and vice versa).

:Both versions of the game (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) will likely be identical, but the Xbox 360 version will have exclusive downloadable episodic [sizeable] content. Rockstar have now spent over 3 years developing the game, and Dan Houser compares the leap from GTA III to GTA IV, to the leap from GTA to GTA III.

:GTA IV will have multiplayer, but it's not going to be a massively multiplayer online game, says Dan Houser. They are trying to make something that is interesting, fun, progressive and which goes along nicely with the single-player game.

rainbows.rsexy
04-11-2007, 02:42 PM
YouTube - Michael Jackson - man in the mirror (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltfqHMS03DI)

budsmoker only
04-11-2007, 08:25 PM
^^ what the hell?? haha

blunt blaze thanks dude that was a good read, i can not wait for this game to come out.. its gonna be so damn fun.. and sounds like a lot of fun, i really see how they say that the character is gonna have a lot of choice on what to do...

ZeldaG.
04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
lmao yeah dude wicked post you just beat me to it :P lol i bet you copied and pasted it from here :P - Grand Theft Auto IV - News: Official Facts, Rumors, Ideas (http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php)

slipknotpsycho
04-11-2007, 10:29 PM
i dunno... that last thing kinda got me worried...

i DO NOT want The Sims GTA style..... but i fear that's where it's going, since it already started to in GTA:SA....

i'm worried guys... i'm fearful they're taking a great base, and a possibly great game but are gonna fuck it up with some sims type shit..

ZeldaG.
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
which last thing?, the online thing?

well if its the same as psp multiplayer but online than i say what the hell sure lets have it...

slipknotpsycho
04-11-2007, 11:03 PM
no just that whole last bit of info from.. bluntblaze....

all the new features it mentions are starting to make it seem awfully like the sims type features...

edit: as far as player-npc interaction goes.

budsmoker only
04-12-2007, 02:40 AM
so i downloaded somethin online that has the article from game informer, someone scanned everything in it and i have it on my comp, if anyone wants me to upload the pics so you can read the article or w/e just tell me on this thread and i will...
slip why do those features feel like sims type shit to you??

slipknotpsycho
04-12-2007, 03:37 AM
just does.. i can't explain it atm.... i'm kinda fucked up...

i'd definately love to see the scanned magazine article tho.. my email is in my profile (under yahoo contact name or w/e)

budsmoker only
04-12-2007, 03:45 AM
so these are the first five pages, im pretty sure they go in order...

budsmoker only
04-12-2007, 03:47 AM
these are the last four, the last one is the front page of the story i guess it would be called.. i hope you guys can read these...
enjoy :jointsmile:

bluntblaze
04-12-2007, 01:56 PM
lmao yeah dude wicked post you just beat me to it :P lol i bet you copied and pasted it from here :P - Grand Theft Auto IV - News: Official Facts, Rumors, Ideas (http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php)lol yeh

ZeldaG.
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
hey if anyone has trouble reading the scans here is the typed up version:

QUOTE (http://www.ruthlesstoonimation.com/Geomy.htm)

enjoy

darren05
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
GTA IV will have multiplayer, but it's not going to be a massively multiplayer online game, says Dan Houser. They are trying to make something that is interesting, fun, progressive and which goes along nicely with the single-player game.

they better have a multilayer for IV because the one for San Andreas was really good apart from the amount of work that had to be done Eg. Hosting the online server + Scripting. at the minute San Andreas Multi-player has only been fully released which took over 2 years,
if there going to launch a multi player for IV it better be built by the designers them selfs

Click here for more info (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=273811&st=20)

budsmoker only
04-13-2007, 03:59 AM
hey if anyone has trouble reading the scans here is the typed up version:

QUOTE (http://www.ruthlesstoonimation.com/Geomy.htm)

enjoy

word up thats so much easier to read, thanks

bluntblaze
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
OPM GTA IV Preview Coming Soon

The upcoming issue of Official PlayStation Magazine (OPM) will have a massive feature on GTA IV, which will go on sale in the United Kingdom on May 2nd.

OPM's editor Tim Clark clarified that this is not simply a feature on the trailer, and he confirmed that we can expect to see brand new exclusive GTA 4 screenshots and info.

bluntblaze
04-13-2007, 12:19 PM
and btw i don't think it will be a re written version of game informer, When San Andreas was announced, Game Informer and OPM (or OPS2 as it was known at the time) were the first mags to preview it. Game Informer got the world exclusive, and they talked about setting, inspiration, the main character, storyline and stuff like technical improvements, time period etc. It was a 10 page preview with 9 new screenshots, plus 3 that we had already seen. OPM got the next preview, and this time it was 13 pages with 20+ screenshots - about 5 of which we had already seen. It was similar to Game Informer's preview except they tallked more specifically about certain aspects of gameplay like customization, stealth, cops on bikes, ped improvements, graphic improvements etc. The OPM preview was certainly the bigger of the two, and it revealed a lot more about the gameplay. I think we can expect similar this year - a general preview from Game Informer, and then a bit more detail from OPM..

slipknotpsycho
04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
lol, the game informer thing isn't even supposed to be out yet, it was set to hit the shelves in early may too... which is why i was very intrested to see these pages budsmoker claimed to be from it o.0 which it was... i guess they had a leak... but what can you expect really... when a new GTA comes out, it's big news in the gaming world....

i can't wait to see OPM tho... any extra tidbit of info is great :D can't believe we still got months to go tho =/... this is gonna be one of the slowest releases i've ever watched.

slipknotpsycho
04-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Assassin's Creed and Bioshock > GTA4, I'm sorry.

assassin's creed looks fucking great... but..

GTA4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> assassin's creed. i'm sure the copies sold will also represent this.

slipknotpsycho
04-13-2007, 07:55 PM
GTA is roughly the same shit. Not saying it won't be a good game, but Assassin's Creed sounds a lot better, as does Bioshock.

I mean, you can only murder so many innocent people and steal so many fast cars before it becomes repetitive.

oh i don't care so much about that... i like hte missions and shit lol....

i still say it's better... but of course it's opinion, but i can definately see why'd you say those are better... they're new ideas and what not.... even tho GTA4 will be a completely diffrent game, it's still really the same basic game GTA's have been so far...

btw, i'm sure you knwo i'm getting money.. but i have about 10 or so games picked out that i'll buy when i get my money, or save til their release, and assasin's creed is a definate game i'll have... probably pretty much the second it's released. others include GTA4 and Killzone 2

slipknotpsycho
04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
i saw that game, but it didn't look that fun to me..... i perfer non stop quick action...

bluntblaze
04-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Assassin's Creed and Bioshock > GTA4, I'm sorry.i dont normaly like that type of games but assassins creed looks amazing

ZeldaG.
04-15-2007, 04:06 PM
game informer thing isn't even supposed to be out yet

the people who subscribe got it early in the post :cool:

and yeah assasin's creed gtaiv and army of two are my top 3 cant bloody wait a second longer games lol which i am definatley getting on release day.

lol a funny quote i found in opm a few months ago lol:

Rockstar could easily mess up christmas for all other game developers by delaying GTAIV by a couple of months :P
lmao i remember laughing at that lol and thinking just how true it is, everyone knows GTA rules over everything lol

oh yeah i am getting OPM the day it comes out i reckon (i mean its a long time away and i might be busy that day, but i think i am getting it.) it will definatley be the next bit of info and until then we will just have to sit there imagining ourselfs playing it...

thecreator
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Yea Assassins creed is going to be sick,butttttttttttt GTA is an institution and I think its sales will agree with that as well. I hope assassins creed gets the credit it deserves.

bluntblaze
04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Game Informerâ??s Andrew Reiner (the only journalist so far to have to played Grand Theft Auto IV) is accepting questions about his experience, and he will do his best to answer as many of them as possible.

Remember he can only tell us about what he saw, so don't waste your time asking about multiplayer or whether there will be a PC version etc, because he won't know.

e-mail him here [email protected]

All questions About Grand Theft Auto IV Questions will be cut off at 5pm CST on Thursday, April 19th. sorry for the short notice just found out myself

ZeldaG.
04-19-2007, 03:14 PM
and is there any place where he will publish all his replies and questions or is it just an e-mail him he e-mail you kind of thing??

bluntblaze
04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
i don't know when, where or how but what i do know is it will morthan likely be on here Grand Theft Auto IV - News: Official Facts, Rumors, Ideas (http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php) as soon as the Q&A's are released, ill probably post them here as soon as i find out.

ZeldaG.
04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah the answers are in :D

no one asked any good questions damn!!!

and i cant even blame em lol cos i didnt ask any myself :p

but still i am sure there is more imaginative gta fans then me :beatdeadhorse:

and lmao at the beating the horse smiley lol i have never seen it before (might be cos it is new if it is) but i can really see myself overusing it lol

budsmoker only
04-24-2007, 03:56 AM
nice, that dude made it seem like the graphics are mind blowing...
wonder if thats true

bluntblaze
04-24-2007, 12:42 PM
im really disapointed at the shitty questions..... i should've asked some myself:(

ZeldaG.
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
oh well... only 7-odd days to go before we know so much more :dance: lol :clap:

i am nearly as exited as i was when i had a week left till ps3 comes out
:yippee:

:jumphappy:

crap i cant wait...

ZeldaG.
04-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Official playstation magazine has been sent to subscribers!! :D

scans: GTAForums.com -> OPM UK Scans (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=276329)

bluntblaze
05-10-2007, 01:10 AM
READ.....

: According to the magazine, GTA IV is currently 66% complete.

: When Niko pulls out a pistol, a crosshair with a simple black cross within a circle shows up on the screen. This could be an indication of manual aiming being available in the game.

: Rockstar's humorous take on the number 69 makes an appearance yet again in GTA IV, the editors of the magazine saw a sign for a "69th Street Diner". Another building called "Twitchins", the GTA version of Brooklyn's Domino's Sugar Factory, is in the game.

: Niko will be able to climb and descend exterior fire escapes and some meetings will take place high in the office buildings of skyscrapers. It's said that from on top of them you'll be able to throw people off.

: Hand to hand combat is also being reworked on for GTA IV, and will feel "much more natural" than before.

: One of the radio stations includes an "Eastern European-sounding" dancing station.

: Players will be able to change their camera views whilst in a car according to their needs. This however is said to still being experimented on, and that Rockstar want to give better control and "immediacy" to players.

: When selecting your mobile phone, a zoomed-in version of the mobile screen pops up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, where you can use its address book to pitch for "jobs" with gang contacts among other things.

: One of the things that makes it easier for Rockstar setting GTA in a fictional New York is that they sometimes get a call from the developers at Rockstar North in Scotland, wanting to know more about a specific building or traffic flow in a certain area, for instance, and using their in-house researchers in NYC they can easily assist the guys back at R* North.

: Dan Houser is quoted saying that the Liberty City in GTA IV is bigger than any single city they've done before, giving a more clear indication of the physical size of the game. He continues saying that the "detail" of the game is the big thing.

: He also confirms Central Park to be in the game, though it's fictional name is still unknown to us.

: Dan says that they're "certainly evolving the way the radio works". He says the same for police behaviour and their reaction to crimes. Nothing further is said about this...

: For confirmation, boats will be making a return and the handling is "really nice".

ZeldaG.
05-10-2007, 09:53 PM
yeah that info is from an Xbox mag, while the latest issue of the Italian OPM contains an 8-page Grand Theft Auto IV preview with some new artwork and a few tidbits of info, mainly the same stuff as the xbox one, but still interesting:

During the demo, Niko was seen approaching a bus stop. When he reached it, an icon appeared on-screen that enabled him to control the bus schedule. Is it possible to use the bus service similar to how you can with trains?

When Niko pulls out a weapon, the camera positions itself above his shoulder, and a view-finder appears at the centre of the screen. It's possible to lock a target and move laterally to avoid incoming shots.

Stealing a car can no longer be done simply by opening the door and driving off. Now it involves Niko approaching the car sneakily, breaking the glass with his elbow, using the injection cables to start the car, and only then can he use it.

Niko can freely climb wherever possible (telephone poles, fire escapes etc.)

Philip Glass, the author of the Grand Theft Auto 4 trailer music, will be involved in the production of GTA IV's soundtrack.

The graphical improvements are clearly evident when walking over a grating on the sidewalk. You can see what is underneath it, and the light trickles realistically around the iron bars.

only one new screenshot, but i cant be bothered to find it and post it as its not really worth it :S

Anyway gamemaster should be released in uk with a preview on board today, ill try to get scans tommorow, if its worth buying...

thecreator
05-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Damn I don't know what platform I want it to come on the most.I know it's more fun on ps3 bc its a playstation game but how great would it be to have ps3 graphics on the wii? I know it seems immature but gta on a wii is sick.

bluntblaze
05-11-2007, 12:31 AM
here's the scans form the italian opm GTAForums.com -> OPM Italy - New artwork and some new info (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=277765)

bluntblaze
05-12-2007, 08:53 AM
!!READ!!

: During the demo, when Niko passed an ATM machine a message appeared on the screen indicating a button to press in order to access his funds. Nothing more official is discussed about this, though it would appear that you'll likely be able to deposit and withdraw money from the various ATM machines across the game.

:As part of GTA IV's new physics, you'll be able to hear/feel the base of vehicles passing by with their radio turned on.

:Rockstar says that the usual GTA driving controls have been tremendously tweaked and enhanced.

:When selecting a contact on your mobile phone, a list of several commands are made available to the player, such as "meet me here" etc.

:Playing the single player game through co-operative mode is not possible, however there will be a co-op mode in addition to all the other unknown multiplayer modes.

:According to Dan Houser, VP of Creative for Rockstar Games, they haven't yet figured out if GTA IV is going to spark off another set of GTA games connected to it, and they're currently just focusing on this single game. He does say he "would have a certain confidence" setting GTA outside the United States, such as England in the future.

:When asked about a San Andreas Stories for the PSP, he replies saying that they don't have any plans for that at the moment, suggesting that they likely haven't started at all on another GTA PSP title.

ZeldaG.
05-12-2007, 04:23 PM
ooohhh juicy :D

is your info from the italian magazine or some other mysterious source ?? :p

oh yeah i got the game master magazine i mentioned above, but its total crap, its basically the trailer laid out in screenshots with stupid assumptions written all around them.

eg: screenshot: of a woman taking a step forward carrying a bag of shopping in her arms
stupid dumb assumption: COULD THIS BE THE FAMOUS GTA FIGHTING STANCE!? LOOKS LIKE FIST FIGHTING IS BACK!

it makes me sick how these mags that didnt get a word out of rockstar try to still look good and post total crap...

so to sum up, i wont be posting scans :p

oh yeah they also mention: ''keep it locked on game master for everything GTA''

yeah basically i have sworn to never touch game mastr again...

budsmoker only
05-12-2007, 06:19 PM
man some good info on this here thread...
if i hear of somethin that you guys dont/ or before.. which probly wont happen ill post it too!!
keep the ino coming man, cant wait to play this game..

bluntblaze
05-14-2007, 09:46 AM
oh yeah i got the game master magazine i mentioned above, but its total crap, its basically the trailer laid out in screenshots with stupid assumptions written all around them.

eg: screenshot: of a woman taking a step forward carrying a bag of shopping in her arms
stupid dumb assumption: COULD THIS BE THE FAMOUS GTA FIGHTING STANCE!? LOOKS LIKE FIST FIGHTING IS BACK!...yeh i seen a video like that. it was these to guys going shot by shot through the trailer looking at smalls things you wouldnt have noticed before .....but it was pretty shit, what i did find interesting was the part of the trailer at the docks. they pointed out that there was workmen carrying wood and tools..... such as something that looked like a drill in one guys hand (which would be pretty cool in gtaIV) and that means people might accually work instead of just having groups of people dressed up as workers just standing around.

And i also read somewhere no too long ago that nightlife would be much better.
things like shops being closed(possiblity for the robbing stores coming back but in a much better and realistic way this time round).

and with the ped, police and criminal AI being a real focus point this time i would expect to get beat up by a gang in an alleyway or something instead of just mindless shooting by them.
say if you was wandering about in the middle of the night. and hopefully things like that could happen almost anywhere instead of just in that gangs *territory*.

bluntblaze
05-15-2007, 02:35 AM
.... here's a new digital gtaIV screenshot. it shows a train going past in broker

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3285.jpg

budsmoker only
05-15-2007, 03:42 AM
graphics look good... :thumbsup:

bluntblaze
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
The German edition of GamePro recently provided a full preview on GTA IV to readers in that country, but as you'd expect most of the information is already known to us. It did, however, provide a small amount of information, listed below:

:There will be several different animation sets for breaking into a car, so far we know one of them includes Niko breaking the glass of the window with his elbow, then starting the car using the injection cables. We know there probably isn't a lot of different other ways Niko can do this, but we suspect it will involve dynamic animations, and for instance Niko sometimes becoming suspicious in the middle of hotwiring a car, looking around to see if anyone suspects what he's doing, then continuing. Rockstar previously said they want the animations to look less "canned", so this would fit well with that goal.

:According to the article, Rockstar are using less non-realistic elements than previous GTA games, such as arrows and markers assisting and indicating things to the player. We already know the in-game mobile phone will play a big part in replacing some of these things, so perhaps we might see other helpful gadgets such a GPS system, though that is just speculation.

:One of the ideas going into development is to give every street in the game a name, which could be displayed on-screen when you enter it by foot or car. This feature is yet to be decided on, along with the previously revealed information piece about Rockstar still deciding whether the entire city will be accessible from the start, or if different areas will be inaccessible by way of cordoning off bridges and such.

ZeldaG.
05-16-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah its all storming in :D

That Screen does look nice, i do hope rockstar release some good digital screesnhots soon.

Interesting info too :D

and with the ped, police and criminal AI being a real focus point this time i would expect to get beat up by a gang in an alleyway or something instead of just mindless shooting by them.
say if you was wandering about in the middle of the night. and hopefully things like that could happen almost anywhere instead of just in that gangs *territory*.

LOL i got big hopes for the whole NPC AI thing, especially when thye first mentioned to gameinformer that they really want to make it about meeting maniacs and shit in a realistic NEw york setting and that it may be dangerous at night, thta sounds really really good, I just hope it is.

bluntblaze
05-17-2007, 12:38 AM

:When R*'s Dan Houser was asked about the differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, he replied saying that it is their goal to have none, and that there are no platform preferences, both are difficult to develop on. For now, we take this as to have nothing to do with the extra downloadable content.

:Speaking of which, he further says that they're not sure what exactly will be offered through additional content downloads. He says that maybe some things will be free, and others offered at a price.

he also said somewhere about things like pulling $5 out of someone pocket was too cheesy.
but tbh i think something like that would be really cool, especialy since gtaIV isn't your usual rags to riches story.
but thinking about that i would expect rockstar will have a few good ways of making money on the side of missions..... possilby stealing and selling a car.

bluntblaze
05-18-2007, 12:40 AM
and a couple we already knew......

: During the demo, Niko was seen approaching a bus stop. When he reached it, an icon appeared on-screen that enabled him to control the bus schedule.

: When Niko pulls out a weapon, the camera positions itself above his shoulder, and a view-finder appears at the centre of the screen. It's possible to lock a target and move laterally to avoid incoming shots.

: Stealing a car can no longer be done simply by opening the door and driving off. Now it involves Niko approaching the car sneakily, breaking the glass with his elbow, using the injection cables to start the car, and only then can he use it.

: Niko can freely climb wherever possible (telephone poles, fire escapes etc.)

: Philip Glass, the author of the Grand Theft Auto 4 trailer music, will be involved in the production of GTA IV's soundtrack.

: The graphical improvements are clearly evident when walking over a grating on the sidewalk. You can see what is underneath it, and the light trickles realistically around the iron bars.

thecreator
05-18-2007, 03:27 AM
I know I ould probably read through this thread again but ive done that twice already so im not in the mood........................What platform is everyone planning on getting the game for? I know the ps3 controls would put me at home and the xbox San Andreas handled like shit.

bluntblaze
05-18-2007, 02:19 PM
im getting it for ps3

ZeldaG.
05-18-2007, 10:59 PM
PS3 :D

4gan2ja0
05-18-2007, 11:06 PM
ps3:thumbsup:

420marijuana420
05-18-2007, 11:52 PM
xbox 360

Fissle
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
PS3 MOFO

Melkane
05-19-2007, 03:27 AM
GTA is one of my all time favorite series of games. Storyline, tons of fun gameplay, hilarious spoof on our society. It's got it all. I so can't wait for this game.

I'm getting it on 360. No Paystation 3 for me. Besides 360 version is getting exclusive downloadable content. It's a no brainer for me.

bluntblaze
05-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Besides 360 version is getting exclusive downloadable contentwhoever told you that is talking bullshit. both games will be virtualy identical.

bluntblaze
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
i took too long to edit so im just making a new post:)

Besides 360 version is getting exclusive downloadable contentwhoever told you that is talking bullshit rockstar haven't released anything about downloadable content yet and both games will be virtualy identical.
also rockstar isn't focusing too much about that stuff.
so if there is anything itll be a few more streets or somthing like that so the chances of it being exclusive to one platform are very slim.

Melkane
05-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Game Informer May Issue 169 pg 51 of their 10 page article of GTAIV

"Both versions of the game will likely be identical, but Rockstar has confirmed that downloadable content will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 Version. This content is said to be sizeable, and when asked about whether or not we would see this impressive new take on Liberty City Living on past one game Houser grins and says one thing "episodic content".

Though regardless the 360 version would be better just for the simple fact it's not on a Sony console.:thumbsup:

bluntblaze
05-19-2007, 08:49 PM
i can't believe it..... the console that brought this wonderfull game to our lives and people are turning their backs on them.:(

i still havent decided which one to buy(ps3 or 360).

Reefer Rogue
05-19-2007, 08:59 PM
i have 360, so that.

bluntblaze
05-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Rockstar Games have announced that GTA IV will be available as a special edition on October 16 in North America and October 19 in Europe, the same day as the regular edition.

The special edition will be presented in a customised Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box, which will contain:

:Grand Theft Auto IV (the game itself) with special packaging.

:The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from GTA4.

:Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release.

:An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys.

:A limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.

bluntblaze
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
here's some screens there's a few new ones.......

there's more on the second page
IGN: Grand Theft Auto IV Screenshots, Wallpapers and Pics (http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/793/793799/imgs_1.html)

ZeldaG.
05-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Wow nice screens, but i just found something HUUGE!!!

The NPC AI is beyond my dreams if its as good as they say, this is a dutch magazine's article so it would be good if we had a dutch person give a more acurate translation.

InsideGamer | PlayStation 3 | Grand Theft Auto IV | Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/grandtheftautoiv/impressies/15430)

this is a rough translation:

Grand Theft car IV (X360, PS3)
Impression | 24 May 2007 - Beginning this month could I to Rockstar London to examine car IV the first pictures of Grand Theft. Of course I knew what else as I had already seen sceenshots in the magazine official PlayStation, but you can read still so much concerning GTA IV, it itself see an unique experience is absolutely. On the enormous 62 TV of Rockstar one of the developers short with Grand Theft car played. The demo starts in the taxibedrijfje of the cousin of Niko Bellic, who Russian whom we know all from the trailer. Niko to New Yo... ehm....Liberty city have come, for two reasons. First he has wanted start a terrible difficult past and he with clean slate and secondly claimed its cousin stinkend rich and successful be. In Liberty city arrived appears however that Niko's cousin have lain. He has a small taxi company with large debts in broker, the Liberty City-versie of the Bronx.

Niko stand therefore in this small taxi firm, which look rather bald. Niko themselves see happy particular good and move very realistic. Most beautiful is however the sunlight which seems by the enormous windows to within. It is shortly after sun rise, the sun is still beautiful rood and hangs low and this is the ideal show time how well the lichteffecten are. The impact is dynamically of course complete and this to consider as Niko with a car drives you for example perfectly (which you steal of course by smashing the square). The schittering of the sun moves itself then, as it happens, splendid concerning the back of the car. The good belichting to see you of course also to shadowing: at a certain moment in the demo Niko on a grating stand. Its shade is not thrown as a large dark macula concerning grating, but you do not see only shade on the spijlen of grating, therefore on the open pieces which ertussen sit. Also if you fall shade on a wall and vervolgens along a rain pipe to see you these simply realistically reacting.

A large difference with the previous GTA's is realism. Liberty sense city much more than ever as a realistic world. The belichting helps thereby of course, but there is much more than that. The textures of the bldg. and streets are considerably more detailed and more grauwer, there cheap goods lies on the street and moreover is the NPC's more realistic. The inhabitants of Liberty city look more crediblely because them all something for doing be. In the demo you saw ringing for example a number of people at tel. cell and stood one or other suck dronkenlap there to its whiskeyfles. What also still could tell the developer (and pays attention to: this is a free exclusive nieuwtje) was that some people will remember you. Someone you have for example a police constable see shooting down and that person meets again you later on the street, then those shouts will run away and before have done you also but something.
What I personally consider as possibly the largest renewal in Grand Theft car IV am something that still must prove itself. You will get, as it happens, friends in this game. That does not sound this way interesting, but it becomes better such as you this combines with the philosophy behind GTA IV. You must be, as it happens, more than ever really a component of the world. This will happen according to Rockstar by interaction, control and the tale line. I hope and think that those friendships will play in this also an important role. Of course wild Rockstar still nothing lost about this, but you become just real component of that world if you yourself if player will feel emotionally linked. In GTA IV you must contract thus real friendships and I suspect in fact that one of your friends on a certain point will die also. If the game can ensure that you feels himself thus really kut, then they have what really concerns me a large step ahead put.

Rockstar a small step has correctly done reverse in the field of the size of the city. With regard to surface the city is not long as large as San Andreas, but belief me, if you see that city you can that make a difference really nothing. Liberty city are perhaps not larger, but more massive. You can much more spots to, you can also more often bldg. and are notable there especially much more to do and see in the city. The more massive treatment is not the only change, by the style there are changes also other. The game contains for example no bicycles and you can give a lollig haircut the sport school or him with Niko also not to. This comes a beetje because the game has an irradiation more serious than the previous games. Moreover I must emphasise, however, that humour absolutely still typical GTA will be.

Something where I myself am a lot aroused curiosity to is the advancement of the missions. I have thus asked if we would have to the hospital or police station after failing a mission. Although they could nothing/savages say here concerning, they have me, however, assuredly that the complete mission structure has been again built. The details cannot I you therefore tell, but I am certainly of it that you must again start after a failed mission not entirely as from the hospital. Also the way is the police force works entirely changed, but clear to make how that works in the future in London a new demonstration is given.

I have unfortunately seen nothing what I had not yet read, but that is also not this way strange, because Rockstar are always particular economical with releasing information. During my visit could me there them tell that them reveals about 30% of the contents of GTA IV at the release of the game will have made. The other 70% we entirely ourselves must discover. A delicious expectancy, I cannot wait!

ZeldaG.
05-25-2007, 11:15 PM
okay now i know many of you may have not noticed the red, underlined, bold writing, or if you have noticed you may have not understood the online translation ;) so here is a better explanation,

basically what they are saying is
a developer of rockstar said: "...some people will remember you! For example, if you shoot a cop down and a witness bumps into you later in the game. He/she will scream and run away from you, without you doing a thing wrong."

Basically each person will have his own memory :D :jointsmile:

this is like fukin hugggeee!!

...or maybe its just me...

ZeldaG.
05-25-2007, 11:16 PM
also at the very end of the article they mention that rockstar will reveal 30% of the game before release (like in screenshots and gameplay facts) and the rest you will have the enjoyment of finding out yourself :D

which is fun i think :D

budsmoker only
05-26-2007, 04:49 PM
haha, i wonder what the price difference is between the special edition and not....

thats pretty intense zelda, so the people will see you just killing, and member it... weird cuz there is probly a lot of civilians and shit..

bluntblaze
05-29-2007, 08:43 AM
zelda very nice post....

and budsmoker i think its about $75 but im not too sure

bluntblaze
05-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Following the recent release of new screenshots and online previews, two new magazine previews for GTA IV made its way to UK readers. First is a magazine called PlayStation 3 Unlimited, still with the same introductory preview, and the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine, who seems like they're just writing a lot of speculative information.

Firstly, PSU3 says that there are four different camera angles to choose from when inside a vehicle, and that one of them allows you to get an almost first-person perspective, looking across the car bonnet (Something which can be often seen in racing games).

OPM 2 on the other hand provided a lot of information that doesn't look like they're all straight from Rockstar. For instance, they said that crossing the entire map will take you around an hour. This contradicts the information we received prior about Liberty City being smaller than San Andreas, so we're not going to take this seriously, and besides, it just sounds impossible. In real life, driving from Manhattan to JFK Airport takes about 40 minutes.

ZeldaG.
05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice one bluntblaze, here is some more info from the magazines, nothing spectacular and as blunt blaze said probably some speculation here:

Magazine: Playstation 3 Unlimited Magazine
Issue: June 2007

This was the tenth preview for GTA IV in a magazine

Below is a summary of new information from the 6 page preview article.

* New Camera Angles (About four altogether)
* In-car camera puts you in a sort of first-person mode, looking across the bonet
* You can use the right analogue stick to move 360 degrees around the vehicle
* Day and night weather effects aren't merely for show
* Weather effects will affect the game beyond mere visual gloss
* During the day you'll find more pedestrians miling around, and with more traffic on the streets
* At night, there'll be fewer cars and fewer people around too.
* It may or may not affect the missions, depending on what time of day you accomplish them.

Magazine: Official Playstation 2 UK Magazine
Issue: June 2007

This was the eleventh preview for GTA IV in a magazine

Below is a summary of new information from the 4 page preview article.

* Bollards poke out from the earth at wonky angles
* There's rubbish everywhere
* To get from one end of Liberty City to the other will take you at least an hour.
* Vehicles Confirmed
o Trains
o Buses
o Underground Subway System
* Mobile Phone can now make calls and receive them for the first time.
* Niko is aged somewhere between 35-40 years old.
* Getting arrested will have far greater consequences than before, bearing in mind Niko's criminal past and illegal immigrant status.

:D Also, form an xboxmagazine:

Boots are openable!! :cool:

Like boots for cars, you can put stuff in your boot!! (like bodies, big guns, luggage, shopping :rastasmoke: )

and some roof jumping action is promised :D which sounds quite cool

Magazine quote:

"We also noted how, when Niko approached a parked sedan from behind in preparation to carjack it, an interface prompt approached in the upper-left corner of the screen: "Press LB to open boot." Boot, of course, is the British term for "trunk," leading us to wonder just what we might be able to stash in the backs of our cars-weapons, bombs, kidnapped people? Or even more interestingly, what we might discover in other people's boo-er trunks? For the moment Rockstar isn't saying."

"Outside of the car, the aforementioned physics upgrade also enables Niko to stride more realistically, lean as he changes direction, and even climb telephone poles. Frankly, we are not for sure why Rockstar showed us this option, and they were coy about its gameplay possibilities, but they did mention that you could also clamber up fire escapes and jump from building to building-- bringing to mind potential movie-esque chases and shootouts that take advantage of the aforementioned verticality"

Getting arrested will have far greater consequences than before, bearing in mind Niko's criminal past and illegal immigrant status.

Personally i find the increased consequences by being arrested an interesting idea, (hoping the illegal immigrnt bit is speculation though, as if that affected the game then it would suck a littte maybe) but the mroe i listen to it the less it starts to sound like gta :P

dont get me wrong i am not complaining, i have always dreamed of gta being ultra-realistic but it seems like they should have called this game CRIME SIM lol

But no complaint from me (i want to make sure you understand that :D i am lovign the info so far) :thumbsup:

budsmoker only
06-01-2007, 11:42 PM
"Another preview to have offered gamers a good introduction into GTA IV was the Official Xbox Magazine in the United States. As you'd expect, no new information, except for one thing that accidentally slipped through to the magazine while getting a demo of the game.

When they approached the parked car in Broker from behind, the Admiral that so many publications got to see getting broken into, an information prompt came up on the top left side of the screen, indicating to press the left bumper or "LB" button of the Xbox 360 controller in order to open the trunk. This button is the equivalent of the PlayStation controller's "L1" button.

How far this will stretch into game play can only be speculated, but it can and probably will open new opportunities when playing GTA IV, both during missions and non-missions. Perhaps even throw dead (or not so dead) bodies in? Rockstar Games didn't want to discuss anything about this feature.

The last of the first round of magazine previews are coming to an end, and the next issues to come out next month will probably provide new information on the game.... we hope.
Grand Theft Auto IV - News: Official Facts, Rumors, Ideas (http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php)

just read this on another forum, thought id post it up..
i dunno if this has been posted.. but i hope not..

bluntblaze
06-02-2007, 11:55 PM
"Another preview to have offered gamers a good introduction into GTA IV was the Official Xbox Magazine in the United States. As you'd expect, no new information, except for one thing that accidentally slipped through to the magazine while getting a demo of the game.

When they approached the parked car in Broker from behind, the Admiral that so many publications got to see getting broken into, an information prompt came up on the top left side of the screen, indicating to press the left bumper or "LB" button of the Xbox 360 controller in order to open the trunk. This button is the equivalent of the PlayStation controller's "L1" button.

How far this will stretch into game play can only be speculated, but it can and probably will open new opportunities when playing GTA IV, both during missions and non-missions. Perhaps even throw dead (or not so dead) bodies in? Rockstar Games didn't want to discuss anything about this feature.

The last of the first round of magazine previews are coming to an end, and the next issues to come out next month will probably provide new information on the game.... we hope.
Grand Theft Auto IV - News: Official Facts, Rumors, Ideas (http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php)

just read this on another forum, thought id post it up..
i dunno if this has been posted.. but i hope not..good post.:thumbsup: i was hoping they was gonna add this in san andreas..

cannabis campbell
06-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Cant wait for this!

lunchbox3445
06-03-2007, 12:54 AM
as bad as i want to get the new GTA, i'm not going to pay a bunch of money for an xbox 360 or ps3. i'll just stick to san andreas and the others for now.

ZeldaG.
06-04-2007, 02:30 PM
as bad as i want to get the new GTA, i'm not going to pay a bunch of money for an xbox 360 or ps3. i'll just stick to san andreas and the others for now.

turst me dude it will be worth it!

If your really low on cash screw the ps3 chuck some pennies togetehr for a xbox360 core thingy and your good to go, when you get bored of gta iv sell it and then wait a few years and buy a ps3 ;)

bluntblaze
06-06-2007, 06:35 AM
yeh i agree with zeld.. but for anyone who's got the cash to spare buy a ps3 there a worthy investment... trust me:thumbsup:

AsianStoner420
06-06-2007, 06:42 AM
i want this on my future ps3, looks kinda cool playin this game stoned:thumbsup:

lovetogrow
06-06-2007, 07:10 AM
im a Sony man myself. i swear by them. but ps3 dont have the games out yet (they will one day) but not today. So i got a 360, dont worry i got the
ps3 as well, but i play 360 all the time. and this is from someone who hated the 1st xbox, to this day wont touch one. but 360 is better then the xbox. as for sonys 60g harddrive, 360 now has a 120g harddrive that came out with the 360 LEs and when those are all gone they will be for sale. The PS3 wins hands down dont get me wrong, they just got to get the games out there. but hell 360 had a year head start. In time good thing will come.
GTA is going to be sweet. cant wait. Just my 2 cents

GreenSkunk
06-06-2007, 04:31 PM
:D this game will be soo brilliant :D

I will play this on the ps3 and suggest t all to do the same ;)

cant wait :D

Brilliant job keeping this thread up to date zeldag and bluntblaze :thumbsup:

cannabis campbell
06-07-2007, 12:18 AM
So its definately coming out on???

ps3 and the 360??? or just the ps3??

Does anyone know the official release date for the UK

bluntblaze
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Last month saw a number of previews from magazines such as OXM, OPM, and GamePro, and also from websites such as IGN, GameSpot, and Games Radar. With all this new information coming through, it was inevitable that one or two details would be overlooked, so today we would like to highlight a few of those.

:One of the less heard of previews - and in my opinion the best one so far - came from Kikizo. For all the diehard GTA fans out there, this is one you should definitely read. It includes every detail imaginable, from the song which was played on the car radio, to quotes spoken by pedestrians. "Do you know in Italy they get three hours for lunch?!", says one of them.

:Liberty City's size (in comparison with the San Andreas map) is also clarified, after Rockstar's use of the terms "geographical mass" and "scope" caused some confusion. Rockstar's Hamish Brown, who was talking to Kikizo, said that "it's definitely the biggest single city we've ever done", however, "that city isn't going to be the size of San Andreas, because that would be absurd, but if you take into account the level of verticality of the city, the number of buildings you can go into, and the level of detail in those buildings, then you're talking about a game that is similar to San Andreas in terms of scope.". So it doesn't get much clearer than that, Liberty City is not the same size as (or bigger than) San Andreas, as many people had interpreted at first.

:The guys who saw the demo were also kind enough to answer some questions for us, regarding the positions of certain landmarks, so that we can hopefully (eventually) be able to produce a map. Adam (Doree) said that everything they saw (taxi depot, bridge, brownstones etc.) were within one or two turns of each other, and we are led to believe that Roman's taxi depot is situated to Niko's left (our right) in this screenshot.

:Kikizo also today confirmed with R* that Grand Theft Auto IV is on track for release in late October, despite recent rumours which suggested the game could be delayed due to the release of Halo 3.

:IGN and GameSpot are the most visited games websites on the internet, so when various websites posted GTA IV previews a couple of weeks ago, naturally theirs recieved most attention. ComputersAndVideoGames.com is another site who were lucky enough to see the game in action, and they managed to provide something which no other site could: street names. We recently learned that Liberty City will have every one of its streets named, and CVG were able to note down a few of these during their short tour of Liberty City. These were Masterson Street, Oakley Street, Tulsa Street, Cisco Street, Delaware Avenue, East Hook, and Rotterdam Hill.

and cc its released on october 16th 2007 in america and october 19th 2007 in europe. and also its on 360 and ps3:thumbsup:

bluntblaze
06-07-2007, 12:36 PM
btw here's the link for kikizo Welcome to Grand Theft Auto IV: First-Hand GTA4 Preview Coverage (http://games.kikizo.com/news/200705/101_p1.asp)

budsmoker only
06-07-2007, 05:40 PM
dang i have to spread some rep befor i rep you again blunt...

great info man, you know where that shit is at..
cant wait for october man, halo 3, and gta IV... shit im gonna need me a lot of weed... :stoned::stoned:

420marijuana420
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
since everyone has their own memory I guess you have to start killing witnesses, and not just for fun anymore.

bluntblaze
06-09-2007, 12:47 AM
dang i have to spread some rep befor i rep you again blunt...

great info man, you know where that shit is at..
cant wait for october man, halo 3, and gta IV... shit im gonna need me a lot of weed... :stoned::stoned:oh yeh:jointsmile:

JaaWaaRKilla
06-09-2007, 01:26 AM
hell ya.. got my reserved copy and everything

bluntblaze
06-09-2007, 10:37 PM
i was gonna do that^ but i figured i wouldn't get it for a good few days after the release... so im just gonna get mine when it comes out at midnight.

bluntblaze
06-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Lately we've seen publishers and developers favoring the Xbox 360 over the PlayStation 3. Some developers have complained that the PS3 is difficult to develop for, and top publishers have been making previously Sony-exclusive games available on Microsoft's console, where the install base is much higher. But one high-profile developer is sticking up for the PS3.

An interview with the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine reveals that Rockstar's creative VP Dan Houser believes the 360 is impairing the development of Grand Theft Auto IV. According to the magazine's online partner, Computer and Videogames, Houser says the lack of a guaranteed hard drive and the smaller storage space of the DVD format is limiting the game's progress. In contrast, all PS3s have a built-in hard drive and the console's Blu-Ray format can hold about five times as much content as DVD.

Houser does admit that of the two consoles, "both have enormous challenges," and "both have their own particular pleasures and pains."

"To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet," Houser explained.

ps3 1 - xbox 0:D

bluntblaze
06-10-2007, 12:29 AM
dang i have to spread some rep befor i rep you again blunt...i guess im willing to wait lol :p :D

420marijuana420
06-10-2007, 07:09 AM
you can rep me to speed things along

bluntblaze
06-10-2007, 04:44 PM
i just repped ya for the hell of it.:thumbsup:

bluntblaze
06-10-2007, 04:50 PM
this is the times where we wait. :p

im gonna try to scrape a few bits of info together

bluntblaze
06-10-2007, 05:08 PM
all i can find is this from ign its not really news but it'll do for now.

It's not everyday you're offered a whistle-stop tour of GTA IV so when Rockstar called up and invited IGN along for our first glimpse of Liberty City, we grabbed our cameras and headed for the nearest open-top bus. Silly idea really, because the tube would've been much faster and we wouldn't have got soaked to the skin. Anyway, having arrived at Rockstar (and hung our sodden jeans on the radiator to dry), we sat down in a darkened demo room and prepared to take in the sights of Liberty City.

From the moment the giant 60-inch plasma blinked into life we were impressed. There stood Niko Bellic, the bearded Eastern European, rough-around-the-edge chap who's the focus of Grand Theft Auto IV. He's standing idly in his cousin Roman's taxi depot, a tiny room with paint peeling from the walls and paperwork littered on the floor. Outside, the morning sun rises through the buildings across the street, pouring light through the grubby windows and casting shadows on the wall and floor. As we take in the view Niko fumbles through his pockets and idly kicks his boot on the ground, while in the background a radio spits tinny music which fades from one speaker to the other as the camera pans around the room.

It's hardly the most glamorous of starts for what is arguably the most anticipated game of the year but it provides a glimpse into the grittier, dirtier world that Rockstar is hoping to create in GTA IV. It's more realistic, almost organic, and new approach is immediately apparent in Niko himself. Up close he's a lot more world-worn than GTA characters of the past, his face scarred and wrinkled, giving him the look of someone who means business. But while this new level of detail makes the most of the high-definition generation, there are some knock-on effects, like changing the physical attributes of your character a la CJ from San Andreas. "If you think about San Andreas, the character's face had shape but not much texture", explains our helpful Rockstar rep. "There wasn't much scarring or wrinkles or anything like that, so it was much easier to fluff it up a bit to make it look like a fatter person or suck it in so they appear thinner. Doing something where there's this level of texture - with the level of graphics and the detail on the character's face - you'd literally have to map how the face would look like at every permutation." It looks like Niko can scoff as many burgers as he wants then without piling on the pounds, and if all the character models look as good as our East European friend then we're happy.

Out on the street, Niko ambles along the pavement while bystanders chat and cars cruise past, honking their horns at other vehicles and generally going about their everyday business. It's worth noting at this point that the code we saw was extremely early and therefore our tour of Liberty City stuck to a rigid path. We only got to look around a tiny area of Broker (although Rockstar added "When you take into account we've got four of the five boroughs, plus we've got Aldernay, which is our version of part of New Jersey, it's absolutely huge") and there wasn't the opportunity to run off and explore; indeed, for much of the demonstration Niko shuffled along so we had a better opportunity to "take it all in", but more likely because the RAGE engine still has another six months of tweaking before it'll be properly ready to shift something the size of Liberty City around quickly and smoothly.

Back to the city, Niko pauses for a moment so we can see how he casts dynamic shadows as he walks along. Shadows get longer later in the day when the sun begins to set and gets lower in the sky, plus they realistically hug the surfaces of anything he walks past, such as the underground drain he passes by shortly after leaving the taxi depot.

Looking along the street, it's apparent that Rockstar has gone to great lengths to ensure the city really does define what next-generation gaming is all about. It's not the same as previous games, only bigger and sharper. In fact Liberty City is smaller than San Andreas in terms of footprint: "GTA IV is similar in scope to San Andreas but much more detailed, much more dense, not only horizontally but vertically as well," explains Hamish Brown, PR manager for Rockstar UK. "On one hand you've got horizon-to-horizon views, on the other you've got many layers of the city built upwards towards the sky." More effort has gone into making each area and each road - even individual houses - completely unique too, so when you're cruising along a street it won't be filled with identikit buildings.

This level of exterior detail continues into the insides of buildings, as demonstrated when Niko draws a pistol and cautiously walks inside one of the brownstone buildings in downtown Broker. As Niko passes through the door (with no pause for loading - it's possible to play GTA from start to finish without a single load time) it opens up to a dingy room with a battered sofa in one corner and a kitchen down the hallway. Niko can walk along while aiming and the camera sits just behind his shoulder so the player can clearly see their surroundings, as well as the targeting reticule. Unfortunately there are no undesirables lurking in the shadows so we didn't actually get to experience combat firsthand. Instead Niko holsters the pistol and walks through the back door and out in the rear alley.

Here more people are gathered, chatting idly about the price of real estate and how Italians get three hours for a lunch break ("There are only eight lines of unfinished dialogue in the game right now", adds our Rockstar representative). Looking up, a web of fire escapes and steel ladders snake up the side of each building, hinting at the possibility of Niko being able to climb up onto the roofs to escape from the cops.

For now however we're sticking to terra firma, although we are treated to a brief overview of the city when Niko climbs a nearby telegraph pole and peers across the horizon. He has a real feeling of weight and grasps the rungs tightly as he climbs, his feet sitting on the steps rather than floating above them. Looking around, ahead is Liberty City's equivalent of the Brooklyn Bridge - all girders and steel supports - although as yet it appears unfinished, presumably so the opening action of the game is concentrated to one area. To either side is a hotchpotch of warehouses, town houses and rundown buildings, divided by elevated subway tracks that twist and stretch off into the distance ("We're still figuring how they'll work in the game - whether you'll be able to ride them and if so whether you'll actually be inside or will be teleported to the city"). Below, the streets are relatively empty, but according to Rockstar that's because it's early in the morning and the city is only just waking up. It'll get busier as the day goes on.

Back on the ground, Niko runs across the road toward a car, giving us our first glimpse of how the lead character has a much stronger physical presence in the game. For starters it feels like he's carrying weight and has a proper centre of gravity, so when he legs it around corners he leans into the run and likewise takes a few steps to slow down and stop rather than grinding to an immediate halt. He'll bump other people out of the way too, for which he gets a torrent of verbal abuse.

Niko's newfound weight is demonstrated when he jacks a car too, by smashing in the window with his elbow before reaching in and unlocking the door. Once inside he hotwires the engine - just one of the many carjacking animations new to the game - and drives off. The radio kicks in the moment the car pulls away from the kerb and while Rockstar was keen to stress the music we heard is only placeholder for the time being, its guitar-heavy funk vibe particularly suits the style of the game.

Out on the road, the camera pans around the car as it cruises along the beaten up streets, revealing the new physics systems introduced into the game by the RAGE engine. Just like Niko, the car has a much better feeling of weight, so it rolls on its suspension when turning a corner and the tyres move independently, hugging the bumps and contours of the road. On that note the road layout is a lot more organic than before, snaking and undulating between buildings. And, like many of the buildings in Broker, the road surface is in dire state of disrepair, with chunks of Tarmac missing and exposing the bricks underneath. Again, Rockstar chose to drive through the city at a snail's pace so we had more time to take in the surroundings, although all we really wanted to do was watch Niko floor it and see what happens when he smashes into another car. Thankfully Rockstar is planning to unveil more about the game in June so hopefully we'll see more of the physics engine doing its thing then.

As Niko cruised through an industrial district of Broker, the streets started to get busier as the working day began. People rushed to clock-in on time and, as we neared the docks, factory workers carted boxes from one warehouse to another. As is evident in the trailer, the non-player characters in the game look relatively different from one another. Admittedly the bystanders don't look completely unique at the moment but remember this code is extremely early and that's all likely to change.

Pulling up alongside a warehouse, Niko clambered out of the car and walked down a graffiti-sprayed alley towards the dock front to plot his next move. Seagulls squawked overhead and as Niko looked out over the water it rippled realistically, reflecting the sunlight shining above. Across the other side of the water was Algonquin, GTA's equivalent of Manhattan, its skyscrapers poking up through a thick layer of morning smog. It's an impressive sight and hints at what GTA will hopefully end up looking like. At this early stage it's evident there's a lot of work still to be done optimising the game so it runs quickly and smoothly, but Rockstar is confident that, come October, GTA IV will "define the next-generation action adventure."

From what we've seen we can't really argue. Already Liberty City looks - pardon the pun - streets ahead of Saints Row and all the other copycat GTA games from recent times. Also, if Rockstar's promises ring true then GTA IV will be much more than just an exercise in next-generation visuals, with as much effort focused on developing the gameplay and the way players interact with Niko and the city. As Rockstar admits, "It's totally normal in film for people to bond with a character emotionally but it's still pretty rare in videogames. There's no reason why we can't do that and more - we've got a 100-hour game and you're controlling the guy so by all rights you should feel closer to him than some guy your watching detachedly." We'll go along with that.

So when Niko pulls his cell phone from his pocket and punches in the number of his contact to find out what to do next, we can only wait patiently to see what's in-store for our East European friend. It's likely that at some point in the game his past will catch up with him ("The Russian Mafia will be involved") and it's unlikely Niko will ever hit the big time. After all, as Rockstar admits, "It wouldn't be realistic if he ended up as a huge property baron. Besides, if Niko had properties worth $10 billion then why would he want to do a mission for $150?" Quite. One thing's for sure though, if this is brief teaser is anything to go by, Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be a true next-generation experience, and one we cannot wait to play more of.

bluntblaze
06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
The second trailer of Grand Theft Auto IV will be releasing on Thursday June 28th. The title is "Looking for that special someone". here's some new artwork http://files.gtanet.com/images/3415_gta_iv_niko_lcpd_pullover.jpg

:GTA IV still on track for October,

The suggestion by an analyst at Wedbush Morgan that Take Two's new management team might delay Grand Theft Auto IV, due to its close release to another big video game, as well as a strategy to impress investors by pushing it into a following fiscal year, created quite the buzz recently. However, when parent company of Rockstar Games, Take Two Interactive, posted their financial results for their second quarter of the 2007 fiscal year today, they made it perfectly clear that the game will retain its release date of October 2007. This was also mentioned during a conference call where the executives reaffirmed investors and fans of the series that they're going to meet their initial release date.

During the Q&A session of this conference call, several questions were asked regarding GTA IV, including whether we'll see a PS2 release of the game in the future. T2 replied by saying that this is unlikely, due to the fact that they're developing a next generation game and that once you see it you'll understand why it won't make its way to older platforms. So there you have it, officially! Something else that was revealed during the session, as well as partially in the press release, was that the two promised episodic episodes - both offering hours of new game play - will both be releasing during 2008. Interestingly, in the press release, this is listed specifically for the Xbox 360 version of the game. No word on extra downloads for the PS3 version as of yet, but rest assured it has yet to be ruled out.

During a question on this, it was revealed that while both versions of the game will be very close, they won't be identical experiences. We're not going to jump to any conclusions just yet, Dan Houser, Vice President at Rockstar Games, did say in a magazine preview that it is their goal to have no differences, and that there are no platform preferences. Maybe it will just be differing on things such as frame rate, graphics and controlling; the PlayStation 3's SIXAXIS controller has a motion sensor, offering unique experiences, while the Xbox 360's controller offers better control on vehicle acceleration with its right trigger, More GTA IV news to follow soon.

JustinSKS
06-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I for one can not wait! I was the first one at my local Gamestop to reserve the special edition! OMG GTA IV! Is what I will be like the day I get it. Seriously, I agree with it being better than Christmas. I was so excited for San Andreas. Man, can't wait.

cannabis campbell
06-13-2007, 12:44 AM

slipknotpsycho
06-13-2007, 03:31 AM

it is definately coming out for both.....

cannabis campbell
06-13-2007, 04:38 AM
ooh

the playstation 3 version would obviously have better graphics? Or would it be the same?

I seriously cant wait for this game to come out!!

bluntblaze
06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
ooh

the playstation 3 version would obviously have better graphics

I seriously cant wait for this game to come out!!i would guess so since there much better than a 360 :p

Melkane
06-15-2007, 02:40 PM
...not really, there has of yet been a game on the PS3 that looks significantly better on the PS3. PS3's Oblivion only looks marginally better, so little of a difference most people probably wouldn't even notice. (the PS3 was only able to give slightly more draw distance) so you could see a bit further than the 360 version.

Face it the PS3 has some specs that are better than the 360, but they are bottlenecked by limitations elsewhere in the PS3 specs. In the end, the 360 and the PS3 are about the same. I can confidently say that the 360 will be able to handle any game that comes out on the PS3 with little difference.

Plus with exclusive episodic content for the 360 version of the game, I'd say the superior version will clearly be for the 360.

I mean if you only have a PS3 (I'm sorry) then it's version of GTAIV would be satisfactory of course, virtually identical game to the base game that both machines are getting, but if you have the option between the two and you are a GTA fan I can't see how anyone would rather have the PS3 version over the 360 version.

bluntblaze
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
all im gonna say is that they can't use the ps3 to its full potential.. and i know some smart-asses will say that its shit because they can't even use the full machine yet, but they will.

To everyone. the ps3 WILL be better than the 360.. just give it time then it'll be 360 nothing:)

plus rockstar is haveing problems with the 360 which could be a delay for the 360 version... also since soo much people have one the games will sell out quiker which will mean more waiting..... and one more thing, the ps3 version is more than likely going to have slightly better graphics.

bluntblaze
06-15-2007, 09:06 PM
here's some screenshots i havent seen before.....

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/screenshots/GTAIV_04.html)

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/screenshots/GTAIV_10.html)

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/screenshots/GTAIV_12.html)

bluntblaze
06-15-2007, 09:17 PM
this guy makes a very good point.

GTAForums.com -> Niko will change (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=281899:thumbsup:)

KingsBlend420
06-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Yea, he makes a point, but I could care less about how his face looks, what I really don't like is how the clothes are just glued to Niko. It would be cool if the clothes would move as the person walks, runs, etc...Just to add a little more realism to the game.

Melkane
06-17-2007, 03:31 AM
I love how much MS is willing to go to bring me exclusive content.

N4G.com : Microsoft paid $50 million for GTA IV Downloadable Content (http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-45968.aspx)

ZeldaG.
06-18-2007, 12:14 PM
:yippee: cant wait for second trailer :D :D :D :D

Hope they show some action or something, cos so far the screenshots look so b-e-a-uetiful that i cant imagine doing anything criminal in them, like kill those people, or smash up those shiny cars :D

So hope they show us some action :D

budsmoker only
06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
:yippee: cant wait for second trailer :D :D :D :D

Hope they show some action or something, cos so far the screenshots look so b-e-a-uetiful that i cant imagine doing anything criminal in them, like kill those people, or smash up those shiny cars :D

So hope they show us some action :D

when does the next trailor come out?? i heard a lil while ago that there was a new one, but i dont member when..

Melkane
06-19-2007, 12:26 AM
28th

budsmoker only
06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
^^
thanks for the info...
i wonder whats gonna be in the trailer... hopefully some cool shit..

bluntblaze
06-22-2007, 03:36 AM
I love how much MS is willing to go to bring me exclusive content.

N4G.com : Microsoft paid $50 million for GTA IV Downloadable Content (http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-45968.aspx)HAHAHA $50MILL what a bunch of idiots

bluntblaze
06-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Rockstar have revealed in their latest email broadcast that next week's trailer, titled "Looking for that special someone", will go online at 12:00 PM EDT on 28th June. That's 5 PM in the UK, and 2 AM (June 29th) in Australia.

budsmoker only
06-22-2007, 03:40 AM
sick then ill get it 10 PM??

that means eastern time right...

bluntblaze
06-24-2007, 02:39 AM
The latest "1UP Yours" podcast has a snippet from John Davison who recently saw the new IV demo at R*. He said that the latest demo focuses on an updated version of Broker (the area featured in the previous demo) and revealed that R* plan to release 3 trailers in total, meaning there will be one more trailer after "Looking for that special someone," which is due to be released next week.

bluntblaze
06-24-2007, 02:42 AM
sick then ill get it 10 PM??

that means eastern time right...im not too sure.

i cant wait for the new trailer.... i hope theres a noticible change in the graphics for the new one.

bluntblaze
06-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Tension mounted yesterday as the hours went by with Yahoo! Games yet to post anything new GTA IV-related. Late that evening it turned out that all they provided was an article looking back at the previous GTA games...

Tonight we still haven't got anything new from them, but posted an article on "what we know so far". In it they list an exclusive interview to be published tomorrow, June 27th.

Want more GTA details? Check back with Yahoo! Games on June 27 for an exclusive interview with Rockstar VP of creative, Dan Houser.
Both Yahoo! and Rockstar Games stated that the site will in fact provide exclusive content at some point this week -- with R* personally telling us via e-mail -- so we do hope that the interview tomorrow will provide any new details on the game, as well as the promised screenshots. Once it goes live, we'll let you know.

bluntblaze
06-27-2007, 03:11 AM
If you pre-order the Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition, this is what you can expect to recieve...

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3429_gta_iv_special_edition.jpg

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3430_gta_iv_special_edition.jpg

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3431_gta_iv_special_edition.jpg

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3434_gta_iv_special_edition.jpg

http://files.gtanet.com/images/3432_gta_iv_special_edition.jpg

... btw the art on the box isn't the final artwork.

rainbows.rsexy
06-27-2007, 03:17 AM
one of those pictures reminds me of manhattan apartment exteriors

my fav part of san andreas was the vegas area. it was so much like the las vegas strip

budsmoker only
06-27-2007, 03:39 AM
damn you get all kinds of shit with the special edition...

how much more is that?? i know i already asked this but im lazy and high right now and dont feel like searching thru the thread.....

damn that new trailer comes out soon...

bluntblaze
06-27-2007, 06:50 AM
im pretty sure its about $75.

yeh the vegas bit was pretty cool.. i hope there's casino's on the new one, maybe a little illegal one where you go in the back door or something like that.

ZeldaG.
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
damn half hour till trailer :O ZOMG!!!!!

and that special edition thing is cool, so badly getting that, lol i wonder what will be in the art book :D maybe some super nice wicked angle proper good looking pictures of the city :S lol cant wait ZOMG!!! :yippee:

ZeldaG.
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
:O oh shit....

that was some amazing shit in that trailer :O the way the cops moved around, and the bike helmet and shit, and they were really showing off the grab onto vechiles thingy :D also the way the bullets hit the cars, you could like feel it... :O fuckming hell i cant wait even more now...

and also: WHY IS IT SO FUCKIGN SHORT!!!!??

Melkane
06-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Direct download link to HD version of trailer

http://media.rockstargames.com/flies/trailer2/1280x720.zip

GotY 2007.

budsmoker only
06-28-2007, 06:04 PM
damn that trailer makes me wanna play it so badly!!

the game looks tight as fuck...

thanks melkane for posting that download, very good quality!!

i have to spread some rep around before i rep you again... sorry

ZeldaG.
06-29-2007, 08:23 AM
lmao see how many gta topics sprung up as soon as the trailer came out LMAO

its like they have been living under a rock since the first trailer :S

bluntblaze
06-30-2007, 07:56 AM
i cant fookin wait for gta:D

slipknotpsycho
06-30-2007, 08:10 AM
i gots my settlement check in... so on the third i'll be getting my ps3... then i just gotta wait for it to come out... i'll probably go pre-order it so i'm garunteed to get it..

ZeldaG.
06-30-2007, 04:54 PM
i gots my settlement check in... so on the third i'll be getting my ps3... then i just gotta wait for it to come out... i'll probably go pre-order it so i'm garunteed to get it..

YAY!! congratulations :D

and yeah i am definatley pre-ordering :D

budsmoker only
06-30-2007, 05:37 PM
do you think its gonna be necessary to pre order??

i havnt yet but i dunno if im gonna need to... everytime i ever pre order a game they have like hundreds...

Melkane
06-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Most games you don't but for certain ones you do, and this is one, I put my preorder down on the special edition just last payday. I also have one down on Halo 3.

ZeldaG.
06-30-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah games like gta, halo 3, zelda, final fantasy (in america and japan) definatley need pre-orders

slipknotpsycho
06-30-2007, 08:49 PM
if it has a shitload of fans, you should probably pre-order... or expect to not get your hands on a copy... (i.e. don't be dissapointed/mad if you don't get one)

bluntblaze
06-30-2007, 10:59 PM
i havent pre-orderd but im prepared to que outside a store untill its released at midnight. because if you pre-oreder your not gonna get it untill a few days after the release.... thats what i did with san andreas.

Melkane
07-01-2007, 03:00 AM
i havent pre-orderd but im prepared to que outside a store untill its released at midnight. because if you pre-oreder your not gonna get it untill a few days after the release.... thats what i did with san andreas.

wait a few days? How do you figure? I've preorder too many games to count and I've always shown up the day they are to be released (not shipped) and got it immediately. i don't wait for them to call me, i go down there to EB and get it.

Pre-ordering is awesome to do even if you don't need to, to ensure a copy mainly because not only do you get ensured a copy (it's great walking in to a busy eb with people being denyed the game walk up to the counter and claim the game everyones standing there wanting to get) but a good number of games offer pre-order special gifts My last gift was a couple months back, when I pre-ordered Halo 3 I was allowed to choose a poster, chose this 3D hard plastic poster of God of War II which now hangs in my room. I remember when they were promoting the Crackdown if you preordered it you were a shoe in for the Halo 3 beta.

Getting in a queue line is only a good choice if you miss the pre-order window. As it may be the only way you're going to get the game for weeks (remembers Wrestlemania 2000 shortage for 2 months)

ZeldaG.
07-02-2007, 12:48 AM
okay i know i said that certain games definatley need pre-orders, but then thout back and relaised thats only if you get them at game shops.

The best game shops will sell out on the best games but while thye have sold out all hte supermarkets and all thta where people doen usually get games will have some in stock...

dman i dont know if thats understandable but nayway... :s

budsmoker only
07-02-2007, 01:33 AM
fuck it ill just pre order after work tomorrow or somethin....

but thanks for telling to me to do it, id be kinda pissed if i didnt and then didnt get the game...

bluntblaze
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
i know ill easily get a copy. since most people have got a 360 and ive got a ps3 there's gonna be more chance to get a copy.

and as for pre-ordering most stores here send the games in the post so it wont get to your house a few days later... trust me.

and last but not least .. stores will be ordering A LOT of copys since they'll make a shitload of money and also since its gta.

bluntblaze
07-02-2007, 09:30 PM
okay i know i said that certain games definatley need pre-orders, but then thout back and relaised thats only if you get them at game shops.

The best game shops will sell out on the best games but while thye have sold out all hte supermarkets and all thta where people doen usually get games will have some in stock...

dman i dont know if thats understandable but nayway... :slol you stoned?:stoned:
i know i am... jesus im soo fucking wasted

ZeldaG.
07-03-2007, 12:32 AM
lol you stoned?
i know i am... jesus im soo fucking wasted

HAHAHAAH :D

I was that day, now i have just ate soem chicken and rolled a spliff out of my home-grown lowryder :D

So basically i will be stoned about 5 minutes after this post.... :jointsmile:

budsmoker only
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Gametrailers.com - Grand Theft Auto IV - Trailer 2 Analysis (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21140.html)

this is the trailer but this website broke it down and it has a bunch of stuff that explains it....

its pretty cool and shows a lot of shit that i didnt notice....

enjoy!

ZeldaG.
07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Shit thats a sick video, didnt point anything special out, but i like the way it subtitled everything. :D

ZeldaG.
07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh my God This Game is Going To Be The BADDEST!!! :D

Fuckin hell:::

The August issue of GamesTM (a multi-format games magazine based in the UK) contains a world exclusive first look at the new gameplay in Grand Theft Auto IV. Here's a brief run-down on some of the new stuff mentioned:

The demo begins in Grand Theft Auto IV's equivalent of Times Square: Star Junction. There aren't many pedestrians present at this time, but this is most likely due to the early nature of the code.
The mobile phone can be used to gain weapons. In the demo that GamesTM saw, Niko calls his associate Little Jacob, who is a caribbean arms dealer. After a brief chat with Jacob, he tells Niko to meet him in an alleyway in Rotterdam Hill, where he purchases the weapons from him. No more Ammu-Nation it seems.

Niko can use taxis to get around (presumably he can use the phone to call a taxi). The police are much more vigilant in GTA IV, and sometimes it is less hassle using a taxi than jacking someone's car. The trip-skip option is available for convenience.

In the demo, Niko recieves a call concerning "shady lawyer" Goldberg, of Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster (GLS). Niko can use the internet in GTA4. He heads over to an internet café called the "Tw@ Café," and hops onto a PC before surfing. He uploads his CV to the GLS website so he can get an interview - before killing Goldberg. He receives a phonecall confirming the time of his interview. The web is available from any computer in the game, and provides a hub for all sorts of interactivity within Liberty City.

Missions in GTA IV can be interrupted. The interview isn't until tomorrow, which means you can carry out other business until then. This suggests you can do several missions at the same time, and missions can take place over several days, perhaps.

Next in the demo, Niko pays a visit to somebody called McReary, at Castle Gardens, a coast-side hangout overlooking the Statue of Hapiness. McReary has had a memory stick stolen from him which contains sensitive data, and he wants Niko to retrieve it for him. He takes another cab to the meeting point, where the target is standing amongst a crowd of people. The problem is he doesn't know which one it is, so he gives him a call to see which one picks up their phone. Niko shoots the target three times in the back of the head, before taking the memory stick and making a run for it. He gains a three-star wanted level as a result.

Committing crimes isn't as easy in GTA IV. You gain a wanted level for every crime you commit, aslong as there are witnesses present. Once you have gained a wanted level, a visible (circular) search area appears on the radar, and if you escape this area without being spotted, your wanted level will flash and disappear. If you are spotted, however, the search area's position changes, and centers on where you were last spotted. So unlike previous GTA games, the police don't always know where you are. They can't catch you unless they find you first. It was confirmed previously that in GTA IV every street will be named, and this is what cops use to communicate when they are tracking you down. There are no Pay N' Spray's to save you this time, unfortunately.

Before heading off to the interview, Niko goes to a menswear store called Perseus. After spending $2,000 on a new suit and shoes, his phone alarm sounds and he begins his journey to the GLS offices for his interview. He speaks to the receptionist from outside the building via intercom, before making his way into the building. He enters Goldeberg's office and puts a bullet in his head, which causes his secretary to trigger the alarm. Niko must beat security guards and police in order to get out of the building. Bullets rain down on him, and there's a police chopper waiting outside. It seems as though the more bullets he takes, the more damage he takes, and hence he becomes less able to fight. The damage is actually visible this time.

:stoned: :D :rastasmoke: :hippy:

Fucking madness :D :D :D

slipknotpsycho
07-10-2007, 02:31 PM
nice info dude.. thanks.

i already got my shit pre-ordered too..

budsmoker only
07-10-2007, 06:12 PM
damn that sounds tight....

i like that the cops dont always know where you are.... and that if you get hit with bullets your not as strong... this game sounds so damn fun, its gonna be hard as hell to wait....

maybe i should do like cartman and try freezing myself....:wtf:

slipknotpsycho
07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
don't expect to really see me for a few days after the day it's released... i'll be deep in gameplay o.0

since a few people are plannin on getting it... we should hold a contest to see who can get all the main missions completed first (without cheats) <.<

KingsBlend420
07-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Halo 3, GTA IV, Bioshock....

my god, what game am I going to get first!!!!!

ZeldaG.
07-10-2007, 09:25 PM
BioShock comes out next month, on my birthday! Arggg so many good games.

:wtf: that game looks so poo, (but i am only saying thta cos i got a ps3 and no xbox :P)

don't expect to really see me for a few days after the day it's released... i'll be deep in gameplay o.0

hehehe, i got san andreas at midnight got back home at 1 am and played it for like 24 hours non stop, before getting some sleep...

I dont know what i am going to do this time, get some (ill try to work around the rules of the forum) ''substance which helps me stay awake'' or drink loads of coffee, (EURGHH!!!, coffe is nasty)

Halo 3, GTA IV, Bioshock....

my god, what game am I going to get first!!!!!

Maybe the one that comes out first?? lol

If not then might as well get the best one...

GTAIV (nice how i can write that without going to the numbers on my keyboard :P)

And oh yeah gta sa is been the only game in my ps3 for a while now :S lol but it is like GTA SA is rubbish, cos i know that gta iv is much much beter... :S dont knwo how to describe it, but i want GTAIV NOWWW!!!!

D.Boone
07-11-2007, 05:43 AM
how bout this as the new gta game?

D.Boone
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
the next gta games

bluntblaze
07-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Some new GTA IV gameplay details have emerged in the latest issue of UK magazine PLAY. Here are some of the new points:

:McReary, the character we heard about in GamesTM, is a corrupt cop. He has "dirt on Niko's past." The mission they previewed is called "Call and Collect."

:Little Jacob (the caribbean arms dealer) is a good friend of Niko's cousin. When you buy weapons from him (which are kept in his trunk) you can scroll through them like you did in Ammu-Nation.

:Rotterdam Hill (the place where Niko agrees to meet Jacob) is in Alderney - the GTA IV equivalent of New Jersey.

:Niko kills Goldberg (the shady lawyer) because he owes a favour to somebody.

:Rockstar showed the sequence where he kills Goldberg twice. The first time he fell out the window, the second time he merely crumpled on the floor.

:When buying clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.

:Determining which figures you need to kill requires perception - there are no arrowheads to direct you like in the previous games.

:Once you gain a wanted-level, the map flashes with circles of blue and red, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase. The circles differ in size depending on your wanted-level.

:The default camera view when driving rests around the left-hand size of the car above the road.

:Multiplayer is accessed via your mobile phone.

:thumbsup:

Melkane
07-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Why you should get it for 360..
This is from the E3 2007 Tuesday Microsoft Press conference... must see.
YouTube - GTA IV at E3 2007 Microsoft Press Event (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOnmkDBPMEQ)

A few neat little tidbits of information.

thecreator
07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Cheers mate! God I need a next gen system:(

KingsBlend420
07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
More info.

Some new (relatively minor) details have emerged in the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine (US):
OXM

* We find out that McReary's first name is Francis, and that he knows about a felony Niko committed. It also mentions that McReary has a moustache, which suggests he is the character seen in this official artwork.
* The weapons on offer by Little Jacob included a 9mm, a shotgun, an SMG, and a micro SMG.
* Before Niko submitted his cv/résumé to the Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster website, OXM got a quick glimpse of his work history and qualifications. It notes that Niko was on the "Balkan Peace Force," and that he is procificent in swimming, shooting and boxing (it also says later in the preview that you are able to swim to the Statue of Happiness, or get a boat there.)
* Niko steals a black Comet before heading to the Humboldt River Viewpoint, to kill the man who stole McReary's memory stick.
* GTA IV will include a pool mini-game, and many other mini-games. "You'll play at least some of these while hanging out with NPCs like Little Jacob."
* Neither the 9/11 terrorist attacks nor Ground Zero will be referenced in any way in the game.
* The receptionist from Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster, who calls Niko to inform him about his interview, is called Karen.

There is also a GTAIV fact sheet now.
GTAForums.com -> Grand Theft Auto IV Factsheet (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=262354)

And Melkane, that video you posted really makes me happy that I purchased a 360 instead of a ps3.

bluntblaze
07-25-2007, 05:42 AM
a few new ones.

:A thin green band around the minimap on your HUD indicates your health. (Could a second band be added to indicate armor?)

:Physically, Liberty City is not as big as San Andreas. It covers approximately 3/4 the total area that San Andreas did.

:Playstation Magazine confirms the [default] camera angle shift in GTA IV. Your view is no longer stuck hovering over the vehicle. When you get behind the wheel, the camera drops down and to the left, following the middle of the road.

KingsBlend420
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
so excited...

ZeldaG.
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Playstation Magazine confirms the [default] camera angle shift in GTA IV. Your view is no longer stuck hovering over the vehicle. When you get behind the wheel, the camera drops down and to the left, following the middle of the road.

something tells me ill hate it :(

slipknotpsycho
07-25-2007, 10:46 PM
something tells me ill hate it :(

me too

bluntblaze
07-26-2007, 02:48 AM
i dont like the sound of it either .. but i trust rockstar, so i can only assume that it must be better than than what it used to be.:)