PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning cartoons!

Zimzum
02-28-2007, 03:07 PM
The good days of cartoons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto7l3cKhvk)! If you grew up with 80's cartoons, take a toke and relive some good times! :jointsmile:

napolitana869
02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
todays saturday morning cartoons suck

KindMidasSoundman
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
does anybody remember Devlin? or Sigmund the Sea Monster? (Johnny & Scott are friends)

Purple Banana
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Hell, they don't even HAVE real Saturday morning cartoons.

Good ol' Looney Tunes, Bobby's World, Johnny Quest, Inspector Gadget, and stuff like that was the SHIT.

Now it's just a bunch of kids born in the mid 90s who idolize Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles even though they haven't seen any of the original episodes. Fucking pop culture whores...

stinkyattic
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
When I still had cable I used to watch spongebob squarepants before work... does that count?
:D

xcrispi
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Gotta disagree ,
Late 60's early 70's cartoons rocked .
Wacky Racers
Hair Bear Bunch
Captain Caveman
Speed Racer
Kimba
Johnny Quest
Hong Kong Phooey
Grape Ape
Felix
Wonder Dog
Jabber Jaws

It shoulda been in the truths / confessions thread .
Hello -I'm 37 yrs. young , My names Crispi , And i have a Drug problem . My drug of choice is Cartoons and it's getting real hard to get my fix . The cartoons of the new millenium Suck . LOL .

Does anyone else think Recesses' Spinelli shoulda been a stoner chick ??

Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

Psycho4Bud
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
ONLY the greatest cartoon of all time. He popped a pill from his ring and became UNDERDOG!!

Have a good one!:jointsmile:

freewheelinfrank
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
if you ever get a chance to watch any 'Heckle and Jeckle' cartoons from the '50s, see if you won't swear the writers were seriously stoned, it is just sooooo trippy - its been years since I've seen one, but always remembered that impression (or, maybe I was just real stoned :jointsmile: ) - :hippy:

Psycho4Bud
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I rememer 'Heckle and Jeckle' ...........How bout' Dudley Do Right, Canadian Mounty?

Skink
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Here I come to save the day...

Skink
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm smarter than the average bear...

KindMidasSoundman
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Sigmund the Sea Monster?
anyody?
was it a childhood hallucination?

KindMidasSoundman
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
nope! it wasn't!

found a link:

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (http://www.70slivekidvid.com/satsm.htm)

Purple Banana
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I LOVED Recess. Spinelli was so boss. Good show in a time of rapidly sucking cartoons.

Ren and Stimpy= CARTOON GOLD.

KindMidasSoundman
02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
here's Devlin

YouTube - Devlin (1974) - OPENING (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9wtMQNyGSo)

I'll shut up now - I guess these were from the 70's :(

MyMARYJANE
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
ren and stimpy is hilarious

i used to watch ninja turtles lol

Psycho4Bud
02-28-2007, 08:03 PM
The Beatles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Uh4Vg0dnk) Cartoon.

higher4hockey
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
saturday morning cartoons were great, when i could watch them. i grew up in the sticks, and i mean the sticks. we lived so far out in the boonies that the cable company didnt run cable that far. so we had an antenna and we always got WPSX channel 3 out of penn state. they didnt have cartoons, they had bob ross and marty stoufer. anayways if the planets were aligned correctly and i turned the antenna the right way, sometimes we could get NBC so on saturday mornings in the dead of winter i would be outside turning that stupid antenna with a monkey wrench bigger than my arm and my sister would have her head hanging out the window yelling at me: "stop you got it, oh wait, go back, alright little more, almost there.... " so on and so force.

but yeah saturday morning cartoons just ain't what they used to be.

benagain
03-01-2007, 01:09 AM
I freakin loved Sat morning cartoons. Hands down the highlight of my weekend :thumbsup:

Gatekeeper777
03-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Oh those cartoons were super cool!!! now they have computer generated stuff like jimmy nutron. ya jimmy is kinda kewl but he will never outcool bugs!

wootgrl
03-06-2007, 12:30 AM
after school

Speed Racer and Aquaman - and now you know what an old hippy I am ;~)

Samwhore
03-06-2007, 12:45 AM
I love
TMNT
Pokemon
hey arnold
recess
rocket power
rugrats
wild thornberrys
doug
bobbys world

I cant think of the others ones but yeah, older sat morning cartoons are the best

Fengzi
03-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Gotta disagree ,
Late 60's early 70's cartoons rocked .
Wacky Racers
Hair Bear Bunch
Captain Caveman
Speed Racer
Kimba
Johnny Quest
Hong Kong Phooey
Grape Ape
Felix
Wonder Dog
Jabber Jaws

It shoulda been in the truths / confessions thread .
Hello -I'm 37 yrs. young , My names Crispi , And i have a Drug problem . My drug of choice is Cartoons and it's getting real hard to get my fix . The cartoons of the new millenium Suck . LOL .

Does anyone else think Recesses' Spinelli shoulda been a stoner chick ??

Peace
Crispi :jointsmile:

Hell yeah Crispi , Great list, we grew up at the same time (I'm 37 too). Some of my favs, I remember having Hair Bears, Captain Caveman, and Jabber Jaws lunch boxes as a little kid. :D

Bong30
03-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I love cartoons.....

I grew up with my MOM watching...Bullwinkle...getting ready for work

I like Flinstones.....Jetsons...Road Runner...yogi bear...Hananna barbera stuff

who remembers.....Laugh OLYMPICS... where all the cartoons plaed against each other.......speed buggy Vs dasterdly, and Grape Ape....LOL love that one.

Simpsons
Bevis and Butt Head.......uhhh huh huh.

I am super into new ones like

Thae Avatar.......ang and appa rule

I love Ben 10........dont make me go Ben 10 on your ass....LOL
I love sponge Bob......its the best Day ever.....

What are you doing today Patrick?

Im going Jelly fishin.....LOL

ImStonedNILikeIt
03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Nobody mentioned rainbow brite, or fragle rock. Okay, so those weren't saturday mornng cartoons.

Transformers were
And tmnt
But what about rainbow brite.....You know she was an acid chick....I have a dvd of her...lol..

I also watched fragle rock...I love that show. I bought my son a dvd of it,and he loves it as well.

When I watch the boom channel on cable, i watch the jetsons,speedracer,two stupid dogs, underdog...and lots more..my mom watchs them with me sometimes, its great lol

Trainer07
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Fragle rock was wicked, and dangermouse, button moon,wacky races,round the bend on sat morning, care bears