PDA

View Full Version : vaporizer - arlington heights

klarity
02-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey ya'all,

New to the area in Arlington Heights. Has anyone heard of this device? Your thoughts? Fire less smoking, sounds interesting. Herbal Vaporizer Lifestyle Shopping Portal & Review Site @ GOTVAPE.com (http://www.gotvape.com)

Also, I am new to the area so looking to meet people

Peace out

Klarity

Burned-By-Vapo
02-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Be careful if you choose one of the devices that vaporize herbs; they are one of the safest ways to make them available to your body, but a bad choice will be expensive. Here is my experience with one on-line manufacturer of vaporizers:

The Vapolution vaporizer promises a clean, pure smoke, but design problems, poor quality control and dismissive customer service make it a poor choice.

After researching the online choices I settled on Vapolution’s device because of the glass-to-glass design. Although one is assured of greater purity of it’s vapors because no metal surfaces or screens are used, many problems outweigh that benefit.

My online order was first shipped to the wrong address (although I submitted it correctly on the order) and when I finally received it, it was missing two glass tips which I had paid for.

The device is built out of a PVC plastic 4" pipe end-cap painted your choice of black or green. The rounded top has a hole drilled into it with a glass liner surrounded by a heating element and insulated with mineral granules, all sealed within the epoxy-filled container. It has a cheesy/industrial look.

The smoker uses a 3' x 1/2" flexible clear plastic hose with a short section of glass tube on the end. This tube has a dimple pushed into it about an inch from the end which prevents the smoking mixture from being sucked into the long tube. The first problem with this design is that the glass tube must be placed inside the base upside-down. That means one is limited in the size, shape and consistency of what is put inside it and gravity is always a problem. The glass-to-glass design is of course fragile, but my heating element gave up first. So after using it perhaps 15 times, closely following the manufacturer’s instructions, it shut down and I had to ship it back for repair.

When I got it back it would no longer reach working temperature. I decided I had spent enough time and money on it. I dropped it while packaging it with a note complaining about poor quality control, returned it, and received an e-mail stating that it wasn’t returnable and that the glass liner was broken. I could, however, spend another $50 plus tax and shipping for them to replace it again. I replied:

“I have already spent $141.57, then twice paid the cost of shipping it back to you, and now I would have to add another $50+ to those costs, which will bring the amount I have invested in your product to over $200. This is a hard nut to chew, especially now that I have doubts about the dependability of the heating element and am aware of the delicacy of the design.”

I suggested that they re-assess their way of dealing with my dissatisfaction and find some mutually agreeable solution. That was 6 weeks ago and I’ve not heard from them. I’m down $140 and advise you to pass on Vapolution Vaporizers from Chico, CA.

Dr. Who
04-13-2007, 03:55 AM
Hi Klarity,

I'm in Buffalo Grove, right next door. Want to join me for a beer sometimes?

Dr. Who

stonerzgirl
04-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Klarity,

Welcome to the area and vaporizors are wonderful devices. Through experience I would have to say the Vaporbros company were most reliable and worked like a charm. I would really recommend one!

But other than that all I wanted to say was that Dr. Who is under "weirdo" suspicion and doesnt seem too stoner. So be safe and dont meet up with him. *girl power* haha :hippy: I just want all the females, especially female stoners, out there to be safe!

Dr. Who
04-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Wow..offering to meet new people in a public seeting for something totally legal as a "beer" is considered "weird?" Wow..in a forum that is dedicated to herb..hmm..

stonerzgirl
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Otogi Zoshi (4:49:36 PM): I can't tell what's inside..I mean I can't even tell what's inside me..sometimes I think that I am just in a dream..a dream of some Japanese Lesbian..

Yea you didnt know my screenname was smokinhotgurl69! You are a fuckin weirdo!!!!

klarity
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks for the replies all. there are so many vapo options, i am still shopping. took me less time to buy my vehicle. ha.

Dr who, why is that chick talking so much shit? sounds like she is hating on you, not cool. be good to yourselves.. and each other

Klarity

dirty_irish87
04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
whats up i just moved to mchenry just wondering where the smokes at i dnt kw anyone im just trying to see wats up.

pwnydanzasmokesdank
04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Be careful if you choose one of the devices that vaporize herbs; they are one of the safest ways to make them available to your body, but a bad choice will be expensive. Here is my experience with one on-line manufacturer of vaporizers:

The Vapolution vaporizer promises a clean, pure smoke, but design problems, poor quality control and dismissive customer service make it a poor choice.

a friends dad bought some of those wholesale and i got one from him even though i have a store that has them in stock in the town over. ive never had a problem with mine and its been 6+ months of everyday use now and im still using the same two bowls. the bowls are small and i get like 6-8 huge lung fulls of vapor per bowl. nothing gets me as high as a vaporizer and i think theirs is very good quality for the price.! :jointsmile:

Foobag
12-11-2007, 01:12 AM
hey klarity where at in AH are you? I'm in that area too

spazman42
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
i have a silver surfer vaporizer that works amazingly, little to know smell. check out some headshops see what they carry and ask what they think is good.