PDA

View Full Version : Possible CO2 idea...

Encatuse
12-07-2004, 12:20 PM
I was just reading one of my cannabis books, and it's talking about co2 regulation etcetera. It says the amount you'll need in a small growing closet is about the amount a candle regularly releases. But then it tells you "DON'T USE A CANDLE!!!"

Well, that statement is made for pretty obvious reasons, but candles are quite a bit cheaper then CO2 tanks and their regulating counter-parts. So my question is:

Do you think if I built a 'steel cage' with a few holes in it, with a lid that screws on. Could I safely put a large lit candle in it and place it a good 2 feet away from anything except a concrete floor? I figure if I do this, it's a good way to get co2 in the room since I won't have alot of money for my first grow.. I figure If I keep it so there are only a few small holes that should be enough oxygen for the candle to stay lit, as well as let the co2 escape. And since its in a cage, if it gets knocked over odds are it will go out and provide far less of a fire risk.

Any thoughts/advice/YOURSTUPID's about the idea?

- Encatuse

notanovice
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
it would be far cheaper to make your own home made co2 with yeast and a container with a hose

Encatuse
12-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Any site that tell you how to do that?

Encatuse
12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_co2.php

Imotep
12-07-2004, 12:51 PM
wo- i was gonna post something silly about using candles.
but theres a book recommending it?
beat me to it lol.

surreyB.C.
12-13-2004, 04:41 PM
ENCATUSE I definitly agree with NOTANOVICE in regards his suggestion i have used the yeast method before and found that it worked great cant remember how much i got but i know i did better than expected if u want to know my formula for this inexpensive way of producing co2 and all the things you will need post a message under my thread THEY CALL ME MR. KNOWITALL in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum and i will get back to you asap cool GROW BIG OR GROW HOME.

Shadow Smoke
12-15-2004, 12:53 PM
i';m useing the yeast system and the tank systems

all you need to do is get a gallon milk jug and put about a cup of sugar in it then fill it about 3/4 the way with WARM water. add a tea spoon of active dry yeast to the jug and shake it well (put your hand over the end.. do bitch if your dumb ass got wet!) then stick it in the darkest corner of the room with a fan blowing near it,[[ you may need to down size this a little bit depending on the size of the room]] this will put out enough Co2 to keep a fill a balloon in about an hour.

try it get creative youll find all kinds of uses for co2 once you can make it easy.

adh endo
01-05-2005, 10:25 AM
or bake youre own dough and let it rise in the growrroom, that helps.

baking soda and vinegar in a jar with a hole works ok too.

kraloth
01-07-2005, 02:16 PM
realy cool were do i put that i dont know about useing co2 in a newb

MedicalMarijuana
03-13-2005, 05:27 AM
co2 is more for mass commercial jobs