PDA

View Full Version : SKINK!

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 07:47 PM
it's here so i need your help with dual booting now... so how do i do this?

EmoRebellion
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, Im not skink, but I do know a fair amount about this stuff (it is my job).. Sorry to butt in, but systems are you going to be using?

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
vista is already on it, i'm going to be putting that on the back burner and putting on xp as the main system

Skink
02-19-2007, 08:35 PM
http://cannabis-zone.com/stuff/AcronisDiskDirectorsuite.zip

Im not going to be around to much tonight... Thanks Emo for pitching in...

Ask Emo if you get stuck Slip...

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 08:42 PM
i've been looking at partioning guides so i think i might be able to do it.... but all help/guidance is welcomed o.0 cuz other then what i've read in just the last hour or so i have no idea wtf i'm doing.

Skink
02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
i've been looking at partioning guides so i think i might be able to do it.... but all help/guidance is welcomed o.0 cuz other then what i've read in just the last hour or so i have no idea wtf i'm doing.

did you D/L the the zip???

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
working on it now... i got halfway through it, then i lost connection to the server for some reason and had to restart it.

Skink
02-19-2007, 09:16 PM
working on it now... i got halfway through it, then i lost connection to the server for some reason and had to restart it.

Sorry I had to reboot the server...

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
ok it's been stuck at 12 mins 10 seconds for over 10 minutes now...

Skink
02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
ok it's been stuck at 12 mins 10 seconds for over 10 minutes now...

????

Maybe I should email it to you??? it's 59 megs...

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 09:53 PM
can if you want (if that'll work... ) slipknotpsycho5891 at yahoo dot com

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
btw my harddrive is partioned for recovery... what if i just installed windows xp over vista, since it wouldn't be on cd's would that chanhge anything? like would i be able to go to system restore and put on vista again..?

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
it's about to finish so i guess you don't need to send it

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
it keeps saying the serial number is incorrect

never mind i had it set on server, not suite

Skink
02-19-2007, 10:25 PM
I would use the software so you can check out Vista and report your findings,,,LOLz...

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
well i've run into a nother snag goddamnit....

everytiem i try to open up acronis it tells me "you do not have enough priveleges to start disk director suite

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 10:51 PM
DD10 and VISta : E000101F4:Not enough privileges - Wilders Security Forums (http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=153251)

i dunno if this is going to work...

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 11:02 PM
i guess i'm just gonna have to get rid of vista... (i've already hit one bug too... after an update it didn't want to start up right again.. i had to use the built in restore thing....)

slipknotpsycho
02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
after all this crap (and extra money >.<) i think ima have to keep vista.. i just realized how much of the stuff my comp came with is goign to be useless with my copy of xp... (unless you can download windows media center edition shit for free?)

Skink
02-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Sorry Slip I know sheet about Vista but there is a Media version of XP so can you return XP??? did you open it???

slipknotpsycho
02-20-2007, 03:04 AM
yes i opened it and no i can't return it... infact newegg would accept a return on it anyways (it is OEM right?)

Skink
02-20-2007, 04:11 AM
yes i opened it and no i can't return it... infact newegg would accept a return on it anyways (it is OEM right?)

Sorry Slip I feel Like I gave you bad advise... it boils down to MS wanting to secure we Use Vista... It won't be long before they start cutting support on XP just like the did to 98...

slipknotpsycho
02-20-2007, 04:29 AM
oh well vista isn't that bad and it's not your fault.... it is buggy as hell but it's not like critical flaws.. i guess i'll have to wait til i can find a partitioner that supports vista...

my comp can very well handle vista (i've been hearing about those of who have horrible response and performance because their comp can't handle it) it's odd tho and kind ahard to get used to... one of the most annoying things tho is around every corner it asks you if you give yourself permission to do whatever it is you're trying to do... lol

i saw a new pc vs mac commercial today.... pc is standing there with like a president body gaurd asking him if he gives the bodygaurd permission to do everything, including relaying messages or something like that... it's a pretty accurate commercial >.<

slipknotpsycho
02-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I think Bill Gates is going to goto hell. Not because he is rich, but because he created Windows in the first place.

Bill Gates suddenly dies and finds himself face to face with God. God stood over Bill Gates and said, "Well Bill, I'm really confused on this one. It's a tough decision; I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you helped society enormously by putting a computer in almost every home in America, yet you also created that ghastly Windows '95 among other indiscretions. I believe I'll do something I've never done before; I'll let you decide where you want to go."

Bill pushed up his glasses, looked up at God and replied, "Could you briefly explain the difference between the two?" Looking slightly puzzled, God said, "Better yet, why don't I let you visit both places briefly, then you can make your decision. Which do you choose to see first, Heaven or Hell?"

Bill played with his pocket protector for a moment, then looked back at God and said, "I think I'll try Hell first." So, with a flash of lightning and a cloud of smoke, Bill Gates went to Hell.

When he materialized in Hell, Bill looked around. It was a beautiful and clean place, a bit warm, with sandy beaches and tall mountains, clear skies, pristine water, and beautiful women frolicking about. A smile came across Bill's face as he took in a deep breath of the clean air. "This is great," he thought, "if this is Hell, I can't wait to see heaven."

Within seconds of his thought, another flash of lightning and a cloud of smoke appeared, and Bill was off to Heaven. Heaven was a place high above the clouds, where angels were drifting about playing their harps and singing in a beautiful chorus. It was a very nice place, Bill thought, but not as enticing as Hell.

Bill looked up, cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled for God and Bill Gates was sent to Hell for eternity.

Time passed, and God decided to check on the late billionaire to see how he was progressing in Hell. When he got there, he found Bill Gates shackled to a wall in a dark cave amid bone thin men and tongues of fire, being burned and tortured by demons.

"So, how is everything going?" God asked.

Bill responded with a crackling voice filled with anguish and disappointment, "This is awful! It's nothing like the Hell I visited the first time!! I can't believe this is happening! What happened to the other place....with the beaches and the mountains and the beautiful women?

"That was the demo," replied God.

LMFAO