PDA

View Full Version : son of a bitch...

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 06:18 AM
THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO A TRAIN DERAILMENT[X] (my computer.)

geonagual
02-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Whats the chances of that? LOL

Skink
02-16-2007, 06:24 AM
ahahahahaha,,,Just wasn't meant to be...

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 06:32 AM
why does life hate me so??? i get windows the very day after ordering it. but my computer (which btw newegg has 5 steps of your order.. 1 is when it reconizes you made an order, and 5 is when it's been shipped and is on the way... my comp reached step 5 before windows did...) reached step 5 hours before windows.... but here we go... tommorow is when my comp is supposed to be here... now it'll be monday at the earliest (they don't deliver on saturday or sunday)

the worst part is this computer KNOWS it's about to be replaced... it's crapping out even opening up webpages (just used to be when it involved videos or embedded video games using java, or games you install on the computer) ... i highly doubt this comp will even last til monday..

goddamnit! i'm pissed... everything was going smooth but i was counting on it being here tommorow...

and gen, you're right, wtf are the chances of that???

anyone who happens to come across any train derailment news lemme know (this had to of happened today...)

Skink
02-16-2007, 06:42 AM
I know the Newegg proccess,,,it sucks eggs... I have to pay tax cause they have a warehouse here but,,,I guess it's worth it cause I get shit in 2 days...

Matt the Funk
02-16-2007, 06:43 AM
I know how you feel. About to smoke a bowl and watch sarah silverman, when I realize I have no lighter!!

Skink
02-16-2007, 06:45 AM
I know how you feel. About to smoke a bowl and watch sarah silverman, when I realize I have no lighter!!

That's a whole lot better than no pot and Slip has no pot either...

InsomniaBomber420
02-16-2007, 06:50 AM
watch these theyll chear u up
Flash » XiaoXiao No. 3 (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fight3.php)
Flash » Nike 666 (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nike.php)
Flash / Max Payne (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/maxpayne.php)
and play this
Albino Blacksheep / Flash / XiaoXiao No. 4 (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fight4.php)

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 06:50 AM
no i sure don't =/ go figure... i go a couple of months without weed, but just coincedently without the weed those months i start kinda losing touch with reality.... (you dumb ass govt. ass holes saying weed has no medicinal purpose....)

i never had a no lighter problem.. i've been a pyro since 5... started smoking cigs at 6 and started weed at 13... i've never had less than 5 lighters (that work btw) just within reach.....

i can't watch anything... this compis crapping out... lol it's taking 2-3 minutes to do anything..

grr... according to my wife (who just called) it's still supposed to be here... but i'll believe it when i see it....)

Skink
02-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Don't you got a tracking#??? is that what your wife is going by???

BabySnookums
02-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Don't you got a tracking#??? is that what your wife is going by???

i went to the newegg tracking site, got the number, then went and put it into the ups one to see if theres more detailed news...there wasn't.

then i got in a live chat w/someone from newegg who says if its damaged ups will let them know, and if we notice its damaged when we get it, then we can contact newegg about it.

then i called the ups toll free number and they have no further info either...just the same thing we can see on our own computer...but the lady from ups says its still gonna be here tommorrow....

Skink
02-16-2007, 07:42 AM
I hope it's not damaged,,,it becomes a big hassle... Good luck Slip...

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 08:02 AM
tracking site says train derailment.. but as snookums said, she called.. and whoever told her it should still be here tommorow... guess we'll see who's to trust... the site, or the person on the phone...

Skink
02-16-2007, 08:28 AM
train derailment could mean anything,,,ups could of repacked on another train in hours... altho it all sounds strange...

smokingskeleton
02-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry slip. I caused the train derailment...I'm typing this of your brand new computer (nice choice btw). I think I'm gunna go play HL2!

Jk

Good Luck!

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 09:58 PM
4 pm, still no package.

napolitana869
02-16-2007, 09:59 PM
bummer

geonagual
02-16-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm sorry slip. I caused the train derailment...I'm typing this of your brand new computer (nice choice btw). I think I'm gunna go play HL2!

Jk

Good Luck!

Where you smashing nickels on the tracks again?

Hey slip, it will be there soon, I am sure.

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 11:22 PM
5:30, no package... site says it's still in transit to houston (live right next to houston, all our packages go there first, then come here...)

it's gonna be monday... >.< fuckers! i should try to ask for my 3 day garunteed shipping money back... cuz today is the third day of it being in shipment (order it on monday, got shipped out on tuesday... )

still tho... new egg does get shit here rather fast.. atleast there's that.. any other place and it'd probably just now be leaving the warehouse...

Skink
02-16-2007, 11:48 PM
tracking should say on truck for delivery,,,if not then it did not get to the local depot...

slipknotpsycho
02-16-2007, 11:52 PM
still says the same thing... delayed due to train derailment.

Napoleon Blownapart
02-16-2007, 11:52 PM
hey are you sure it was the train getting derailed? Maybe they just lost your pc and they are making that up so you don't get angry or:

----> maybe they switched the packages and your pc is being burnt down for fuel in Russia and you'll be receiving some coal soon

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 01:19 AM
730.... don't think it's coming no matter what now... FUCKERS!

Skink
02-17-2007, 01:25 AM
I think it's safe to say it's not coming...did you call UPS and bitch???

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 01:28 AM
no... i'm not the bitching type... well not the bitching type to people on the phone for companies... i mean wtf do they care? lol... and they never seem to know anything either.... "well sir such and such" yeah? well what you just said isn't right/isn't working "well sir, that's all i can tell you" ok so when will this work/happen "i don't know sir, we can only go by such and such"

(very vauge description, but anyone's who's spent more than 3 minutes on a phone with a customer service rep knows exactly what i'm talking about...

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 01:57 AM
yes and no? lol the windows i order is windows xp because i don't want that shitty ass vista that's coming pre-installed on my computer...

it's a HP m7760n... (very fuckin nice computer, if it holds up, never had a problem with HP's so i expect it to be a very nice computer..) tv tuner card is even in it O.O.. core 2 duo proccessor, 2 gig ram, 500 GB hard drive (well 2 250's) dvd rw drive with light scribe...

i'm also going to be getting a ATI Radeon x1950 pro extreme video card... (every other site had my comp advertised with a nvida geforce 9600 gt in it already, but this one doesn't.. =/)

first is comp, one below it is video card

Newegg.com - HP Pavilion m7760n (RK570AA) Core 2 Duo E6400(2.13GHz) 2GB DDR2 Intel GMA 950 - Retail (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883107286)
Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR Radeon X1950 PRO Extreme 256MB Extreme Edition Video Card With AC Cooling - Retail (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131027)

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 01:58 AM
ok comp has arrived in houston at 8 pm... still means i won't see it until monday since they don't deliver on saturday or sunday... but it's there... not even an hour long drive from me.

shit skink, someone posted a review....

Cons: No Vista OS CD, integrated graphics are slow and do not allow full Vista experience

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 02:04 AM
because of the shit i'm currently on, i haven't been able to play games in i dunno how long...

but i plan to get back into pc gaming now that i'll have a comp that isn't crapping out..

Skink
02-17-2007, 02:09 AM
well go get it...

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 02:18 AM
lol my comp when it wasn't a broken down peice of shit, still couldn't have handled either.. i played medal of honor allied assault alot.... i also tried to play command and conquer generals... (which i plan on going out and buying the day my comp is here..) but everytime i'd move my army into strike, my comp would crash.... SON OF A BITCH! it'd last just fine, with someone with an even bigger army moving in on ME! but.... when i'd move my army in, the comp would crash..

i'd always have an army so massive that if i was able to keep my comp up until the fight was over, it'd literally be like every army in the world moving in on like iraq or some shit lol.... people would often quit (which is the only way i'd ever win) before my comp crashed just because they knew they were fucked....

skink i don't have a car... our only transportation is my grandparents.. and they CAN'T drive in houston...

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 02:28 AM
oh it's not that old, just about 3 years.... there are alot more computers our there older then mine...

it's just mine was bought, never upgraded, then about a year and a half ago... my grandpa decided he wanted to play electrician... so he ends up fucking around with the breaker box... and sends a fucking power surge through the house.... fries our tv... blows the fuse in our vcr, fries THEIR tv, fries the microwave, fries the coffee maker... basicly everything that was plugged into the house other then light sockets and the fridges... INCLUDING MY COMPUTER....

i notced my computer was getting no power, so i went and bought a new power supply and put it in, an dit turned on... but the damage to the circuits had already been done... it's been a downhill ride with this pos ever since..

Skink
02-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Never trust customer service like youi said,,,I asked that lady three times and she assured me the CD comes with it...

Skink
02-17-2007, 04:12 AM
I got a reply back from HP...

Dear George:

Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard.

I am sorry for any inconvenience. Due to licensing issues with
Microsoft, HP does not ship OEM versions of the operating system with
our computers. You can order recovery CDs to be shipped with you PC or
you can choose to create them during your initial setup of your PC.

HP Pavilion Media Center m7760n (RK570AA)
- 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 processor
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
- NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE graphics controller
- 500GB 7200 RPM hard drive
- 2GB of 533MHz DDR2 PC2 4200 SDRAM

For further information on the HP Pavilion Media Center m7760n, please
visit the following web site:

HP Pavilion Media Center m7760n Desktop PC - Product Specifications (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00820224&lc=en&cc=u)
s&dlc=en&product=3339302&lang=en

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 04:22 AM
ok so then the recovery cd's will work basicly the same rgiht? cuz that was my original plan, make recovery cd's right when the comp comes outta the box, then erase everything and put on xp...

Skink
02-17-2007, 04:37 AM
I have to look into it cause I think a recovery might ask to slip in the original oem disc... recovery is recovering a loaded OS You will have no Vista OS loaded to recover...

I think you need like a Norton ghost image or Backup image to reinstall and I don't know if there are new safegaurds in Vista to prevent it,,,it's to new IDK sheet about it yet...

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 04:39 AM
well i guess it couldnt' hurt to try? i mean, i have a surplus of cds laying around (anyone with a cd burner should lol) and i'll be puttin on xp reguardless... but i would feel better knowing i could always go back without having to pay out extra money.. if i had to...

i've said it before, i have no plans to go back to it, but it'd be nice to have that option...

sam44
02-17-2007, 04:44 AM
im sure youll get the package dude, just chill, newegg is great with customer service from my experiences

Skink
02-17-2007, 04:47 AM
I'm thinking you want to do a dual boot more than a wipe... Make a partition and install XP on it and only boot XP...

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 04:57 AM
i'll umm need some help with that skink lol....

although, i got 500 gigs... so i got plenty of room...

i wonder.. it's 2 harddrives, so there's obviously going to be a master drive and a slave drive, what if i switch the two and install xp on to the master (which used to be the slave) then just use the other for storage? would that work?

Skink
02-17-2007, 06:04 AM
i'll umm need some help with that skink lol....

although, i got 500 gigs... so i got plenty of room...

i wonder.. it's 2 harddrives, so there's obviously going to be a master drive and a slave drive, what if i switch the two and install xp on to the master (which used to be the slave) then just use the other for storage? would that work?

it's a SATA system so the 2 drives are written to as one,,,so consider it one drive...

I'll be moving this to Tech...

I will help on the partition,,,I have Acronis PartitionExpert too it will make things easy...

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 06:19 AM
ok so then keep an eye on this thread (btw i was gonna suggest it be moved here anyways lol...) especailly monday.. cuz i'll be wanting/needing to know how to do this....

Matt the Funk
02-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Damn dude that really sucks lol. I had to take a cab home and I ended up waiting 2 hours because I had 3 companies turn me down because they had no drivers near me or their car broke down. It really sucks.And yeah billionfold is right. My dad made my computer.

slipknotpsycho
02-17-2007, 07:32 AM
wtf is bare bones kit?

so far.. i've spent (or very soon, once you add in the card) going to of spent over 1,500 on my computer, when originally my limit was 1,000 or less... do you think my wife is gonna let me spend more money?? unlesss it's something i can dl off the net for free... it's outta the question...

Skink
02-17-2007, 09:33 AM
wtf is bare bones kit?

so far.. i've spent (or very soon, once you add in the card) going to of spent over 1,500 on my computer, when originally my limit was 1,000 or less... do you think my wife is gonna let me spend more money?? unlesss it's something i can dl off the net for free... it's outta the question...

to late for a barebones Slip

Barebones=
MotherBoard
Processor
Memory
Hard Drive

U buy the kit and assemble it yourself you can use your case or buy another one... there are all kinds of BareBones some are just MB, Mem,and Processor...

Skink
02-19-2007, 08:06 AM
i use partition magic for a dual boot. i used tiny XP and windows XP pro on my other comp./ i plan to dual boot vista and pro on the computer im on right now... recovery CD's work the same way regular OS Cd's work.

OK that's good to know,,, I have a set of 6 floppy's for xp but the only recover...

I have Partition Magic too but,,,it seems Buggy compared to Acronis...