PDA

View Full Version : Computer Clock always incorrect!!

orangeman
02-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Every single time I turn off my computer and turn it back on my PC's time seems to always get reset. Like it'll always be 01/01/2001 and like 12:00 am everytime I get on my fuckin computer. I have to change it back to the right date and try to get the time to get corrected without any errors every single time I get on my damn computer. I can't seem to figure out whats wrong so I was wondering if anyone else know how to help?

Gatekeeper777
02-14-2007, 01:18 AM
double click on your computer clock. click on the Internet time tab.
click the scroll arrow and highlight

TIME.NIST.GOV
then click appy.
thats better then windows time and it automatically updates.
Thats the same place those atomic clocks are tied into.
Gate

Gatekeeper777
02-14-2007, 01:31 AM
no prob

Lucifuge
02-14-2007, 01:35 AM
You have to change the watch battery inside of it.

Gatekeeper777
02-14-2007, 01:44 AM
then he will/or may have to reset his bios.

Skink
02-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah go into the BIOS and see what the time is in there... If the Batt was dead he prob would have more serious probs...

orangeman
02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
double click on your computer clock. click on the Internet time tab.
click the scroll arrow and highlight

TIME.NIST.GOV
then click appy.
thats better then windows time and it automatically updates.
Thats the same place those atomic clocks are tied into.
Gate

I always do this but every time I restart my computer the time and date still gets messed up. And I had this computer every since '03 :eek:.

orangeman
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Btw I'm not really into all that other stuff so I don't know where to look so could some one help me to know where to look for this "dead battery"? lol

Stoner-Sam
02-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Double click on the time.

Then click on time zone at the top.

And choose your time zone and it should work from then on. :)

Skinny Puppy
02-14-2007, 11:52 AM
You have to change the watch battery inside of it.

Lucifuge is right, I used to have an old ass pc and had the same problem until I changed the battery on the motherboard--it's about the size of a quarter and shaped like a watch battery. It's not a big deal though, doesn't require a degree in computer science or anything.

Skink
02-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Btw I'm not really into all that other stuff so I don't know where to look so could some one help me to know where to look for this "dead battery"? lol

While booting press your "Delete" key... a blue screen will show up this is your BIOS settings screen... your mouse will not work here so you need to use your arrow keys to select and your enter key to open... Usually the first selection has the time setting arrow to it open it with enter then page up and down to set the clock... to exit the BIOS hit your "F10" key then enter key...

DO NOT MESS WITH ANYTHING ELSE IN THERE!!!

the little watch battery in your case on the Motherboard keeps the BIOS settings while the computer is off but,,, it keeps other settings too so that is why I say it is prob not the battery... if it still does not keep time I will instruct on the Battery replacement...

Mrs. Greenjeans
02-15-2007, 08:10 AM
DO NOT MESS WITH ANYTHING ELSE IN THERE!!!

LOL! You would not believe how much money I make from people who monkey around with their BIOS settings. I'll have their machine fixed in less than 15 minutes, but since I pick up and deliver I charge them for a full hour.

benagain
02-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree with the bios battery. My PC is doing the same thing. I'm just too lazy to give a damn. I've swaped batteries before. It's no big deal. Just pop your case open and take a look. It should be the only big watch battery on the mobo.

Skink
02-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Whats up with the Clock OM??? U get it sorted???

trynagethigh
02-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Change your BIOS battery. It will be located on your motherboard inside the computer. You cant miss it.

Skink
02-19-2007, 08:01 AM
If it is not the battery he will lose all BIOS settings because the Battery maintains them... Do what I said first!!!

Smart Computing Article - How To Install A CMOS Battery (http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2004/w1510/32w10/32w10.asp)