PDA

View Full Version : well it's on it's way...

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Newegg.com - HP Pavilion m7760n (RK570AA) Core 2 Duo E6400(2.13GHz) 2GB DDR2 Intel GMA 950 - Retail (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883107286)

my new computer.. after months and months of being driven crazy with this one (it's literally on it's last leg.. i have to restart it about ever 20-40 minutes, cuz awhile back my grandpa sent a power surge that shorted it out... that was probably over a year now....)

anyways when i'm doing anything on this computer other then looking things up on webpages (and that includes web based games and videos, there can't be any movement, or it can freeze it) it's all t he time freezing, and my computer's resources max out, video's play at a rate of about 1 frame every 3 seconds (that is horribly slow... ) and you can't even do anything, you can't close anything, you can restart the computer, you have to shut it down the hard way (holding in the power button) then alot of times, it won't come back on til you try restarting it a few times, it'll say CPU FAN FAILED SERVICE IMMEDIATELY... but that can't be right, becasue the fan works, and it's even a better fan than the comp came with

this thing is just alll fucked up...

so after months and months of waiting my new comp (which has vista on it BLEH) is on it's way, along with a copy of windows xp...

Skink
02-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Good show... if you need a hand wiping Vista and loadin XP don't hesitate...

Samwhore
02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
make sure on your new computer you download firefox :p

ReUp
02-13-2007, 12:38 AM
This is a good little guide to help you get the most out of XP:
10 Simple Ways To Speed Up Windows XP | Connected Internet (http://www.connectedinternet.co.uk/2005/12/3/645)

Of course Firefox and Trillian (If you use any sort of messenger) are a must. If you need any help clearing Vista gimme a shout.

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 12:39 AM
.i. firefox.. IE7 all the way.

skink you might as well go ahead and tell me now what i'm going to have to do... like do i need to turn it on and get it running, then format the drive(s) then just pop in the cd, or is there more i have to do?

before i wipe the drive i'm going to make some restore disks (if it'll work) so if i ever decide to go back to vista, i'll the option without having to buy it...

OniEhtRedrum781
02-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Dank computer, homie...

Skink
02-13-2007, 01:01 AM
U will have a OEM license for Vista,,,I have to check but I am almost pos it will come with the Vista OS disc... Did you ask not to have the disc???

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 01:03 AM
i've never bought a computer and had a disc come in the computer for windows or w/e... like NEVER.... o.0 every system i've ever bought, came with everything already installed..

ReUp
02-13-2007, 01:07 AM
In all honesty Firefox is a much faster, customizable and safe browser in comparison to IE7. Plus it's free.

PS Fuck Walmart :).

nikweiser
02-13-2007, 01:10 AM
you will have a lot of relief when you mess around on your new comp.. smoke a fat bowl and just browse really fast through stuff and play videos, you will love it

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 01:13 AM
what does walmart have to do with anything?

Skink
02-13-2007, 01:15 AM
i've never bought a computer and had a disc come in the computer for windows or w/e... like NEVER.... o.0 every system i've ever bought, came with everything already installed..

when is the puter shipping???

Samwhore
02-13-2007, 01:16 AM

it steals your soul and kills you if you go against it,

remember to kill the mirror :chainsaw:

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 01:19 AM
computer should be shipping within the next day or so.

ReUp
02-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Oops double post.

ReUp
02-13-2007, 01:22 AM

Design by CSS ยป Wal-Mart Does Not Support Firefox (http://designbycss.com/browsers/wal-mart-does-not-support-firefox.html)

Walmart's new service is not compatible with Firefox but only with IE.

An attempt at humor I guess.

Skink
02-13-2007, 01:22 AM
computer should be shipping within the next day or so.

OK let me 1st read the ad you posted gimme a few...

Skink
02-13-2007, 01:23 AM
FireFox Blows Chunks!!!

Samwhore
02-13-2007, 01:25 AM
FireFox Blows Chunks!!!

at least it doesnt blow balls like IE

ReUp
02-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Stock Firefox is equal to IE7 but fully modded IE7 couldn't hold a flame to it.

Skink
02-13-2007, 02:39 AM
HP Pavilion M7760N Media Center PC w/ 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor - Wal-Mart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5584784)

well Wal * Mart has the same system for sale...

I waited to chat live with NewEgg and when I finally got a live person he could not answer any questions if the Vista Disc comes with the Puter,,,he just referred me to the HP site... You may want to go to walmart and see if the disc is seperate... Vista is being offered like XP and will have a OEM license and the same activation program...

You are buying a right to Vista and you will be able to reload it but,,,IDK How far HP will be up your ass on it,,,meaning is it a repair through HP or can you just reinstall from a disc...

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 02:50 AM
i guess i'll find out if it has a disk in it when it gets here.... cuz walmart doesn't (well atleast ours) have any of the shit it advertises on the site... (well except the main things like console games and systems) they have a couple of computers up there, but the ones they have are very basic... one my wife has, another is one similar...

meh in short, i know walmart doesn't have it in stock up there, so i wouldn't be able to go up and there and look at the box and tell any better.. i'm not really worried about vista much, i really love xp, and i know vista's gonna be filled with bugs for a while from now... i was just saying i was gonna make some system restore disks when i first get it, so if i ever need (there won't be a wanting to back to vista, i'll only do it if say, every game they start putting out has to have vista to run or some shit) to put vista back on it i'd have that option...

otherwise i have no intrest in vista what so ever...

but yeah, even if i was to buy it through wal mart i'd either have to order it through the site and have it sent here, or go up there and have them order one for me that would be sent to the store... cuz i know the comps they have up there (everytime i go, i check up on all the electronics, to see what's looking good, what they have, ect... btw they had a really nice cheap flatscreen lcd monitor o.0) and they don't have that one... if they did lol, i wouldn't of even been ordering it, i just woulda went up there today and bought it and had it...

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 02:53 AM
oh and you still haven't answered.. when i have the comp and i'm ready to put xp on it, do i go to my computer, then right click the drive and click format then just pop in the cd or what?

Skink
02-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Ok,,,I just got off the phone with a person from Hp in India... She "And I asked her 3 times" said you will be getting the Vista Home Permium Disc to reload the OS in the future...

Yes just put the xp disc in the drive and turn on the puter... first you may need to go into the BIOS and select in there somewhere "first boot device CDRom or DVDRom" then when you turn on the computer you will see "press any key to boot from cdrom" You may not have to do the BIOS thing because the Puter might sense the XP disc and boot to it without the BIOS setting...

in there you need to format the C drive and install XP to it... Once formatted Vista is wiped...

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 04:07 AM
k.. and lol thanks skink o.0 didn't have to go that far outta your way..

Skink
02-13-2007, 04:13 AM
k.. and lol thanks skink o.0 didn't have to go that far outta your way..

I try to finish everything I start,,,I'm just anal that way...

MinusRyan
02-13-2007, 04:29 AM
why don't you build your own computer?

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 04:31 AM
i was going to, and i was too confused (i have a bad habbit of always buying parts that dont' work together...)

invision
02-13-2007, 04:40 AM
ok dude dont be pissy

this is the reason why people should build thier own system, strait up slipnot if you return that, and build your own computer it will be twice the machine.

i have never bought a store computer, i built my very first computer with great success and it was very easy, seriously if you return that computer ill help you build a way better machine.

it really is a decent computer but you got ripped on graphics big time for the money.

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 04:42 AM
that computer fits my needs perfectly.. this isn't the first computer i've bought.. i'm stickin with it.. i've known i was going to be buying that computer for quite a few months now... (i did all my research...)

i just realized something... this one doesn't have the same graphics that the one on fry's had.. but i'm just gonna have to get a card for it..

invision
02-13-2007, 04:47 AM
alright as long as your happy with it, ill tell you right now get rid of VISTA it is a fucking crap shot OS

invision
02-13-2007, 04:51 AM
i will encourage you to invest into a graphics card if you ever plan on using Vista's full 3D, it does look impressive but also kill your graphics card even running in idle.

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 04:57 AM
i have no plan on using vista, as i said before the only reason i'd go back to it is if games started having to have vista or some shit (which we all know that won't happen...)

i'm already asking for people's opinion on four diffrent cards... i'm kinda dissapointed because all the m7760n's i've found had a geforce 7600 gt in it.. then i go to look at graphics after you mentioned it and saw this one had intergrated graphics.. so i'll definately be getting a card...

Out of these which would be best? - Dev Hardware (http://www.devhardware.com/forums/video-cards-5/out-of-these-which-would-be-best-124949.html#post649128) there's my post about it... take a look if you wanna put in your opinion on the four..

Skink
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
i have no plan on using vista, as i said before the only reason i'd go back to it is if games started having to have vista or some shit (which we all know that won't happen...)

i'm already asking for people's opinion on four diffrent cards... i'm kinda dissapointed because all the m7760n's i've found had a geforce 7600 gt in it.. then i go to look at graphics after you mentioned it and saw this one had intergrated graphics.. so i'll definately be getting a card...

Out of these which would be best? - Dev Hardware (http://www.devhardware.com/forums/video-cards-5/out-of-these-which-would-be-best-124949.html#post649128) there's my post about it... take a look if you wanna put in your opinion on the four..

Slip I am an ATI person Mehself and if you can afford the Powercolor X1950 PRO I give that the thumbs up... as far as fit,,,it is a pci express card and your PC has a slot just made for it... In looking in the case for room there is a card in the pci slot below the graphics slot so it may be tight but,,, the bottom slot is just using the back panel with no card so if push comes to shove you can flip them to make room...

slipknotpsycho
02-13-2007, 09:19 PM
yeah i've made up my mind i'm going to be getting the ATI

and i'm pretty sure the bottom slot is just the dial up modem, which i don't need.. so i can take it out if i have to.

Skink
02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
yeah i've made up my mind i'm going to be getting the ATI

and i'm pretty sure the bottom slot is just the dial up modem, which i don't need.. so i can take it out if i have to.

So you excited,,,Can you wait???

slipknotpsycho
02-14-2007, 01:57 AM
yes and no... i'm sick of this pos.. but i'm going to want to be getting games now... and i know after all iv'e spent on the comp and shit... o.0 i'm not gonna be getting any damn game... right now tho, i only want one game that's 30, so maybe i can get the wife to get it as welll... but i kinda see my ass getting chewed out if i even bring it up.

slipknotpsycho
02-14-2007, 02:11 AM
just checked newegg... computer is offically shipped and out the door... supposed to be 3 day garunteed delivery.. so it shoudl be here friday...

Skink
02-14-2007, 03:19 AM
At least you don't paty tax,,,NE is here in Jersey and I have to pay tax... I,m not a gamer but,,,can't you play online???

slipknotpsycho
02-14-2007, 03:28 AM
not with this computer... like i said it always freezes up.... even if i'm just watching a movie or something (doesn't even have to be online either, video period freezes this comptuer after a good 20-30 mins)

oh i think i know what you meant... the game i want i have to buy (command and conquer the first decade) cuz i don't have it (i don't have any pc games anymore) so i have to go buy it ... and by the time everything is done and over with, we'll of spent 1500-1600...